• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
The track is horrible, this was a race without racing.

I don't remember prior races, but this is my overwhelming feeling from this race. It didn't matter what Massa did, there was no way an overtake was happening simply because of race design.

I mean the only reason there was 'tension' was because it was hard to get up behind someone and overtake.

Ferrari still screwed up on strat though, should've pitted Vettel when Bottas just about hit traffic early on for the undertake.

Edit: Still, props to Bottas for a brilliant start and driving a great race.

jey_16

Banned
Vettel was not going to overtake Bottas even with another 5 laps....this track is awful for overtaking (did we even see one during the race?) and the Mercedes was too quick in a straight line

Vettel really should have maintained the lead at the start

Fox Mulder

I don't remember prior races, but this is my overwhelming feeling from this race. It didn't matter what Massa did, there was no way an overtake was happening simply because of race design.

I mean the only reason there was 'tension' was because it was hard to get up behind someone and overtake.

Ferrari still screwed up on strat though, should've pitted Vettel when Bottas just about hit traffic early on for the undertake.

It has always sucked.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
His translator is saying "well done". But Putin is actually saying "Finland's next".

Razgreez

I hope Valteri can build on this win. This is one of, if not, his favourite/best tracks historically so it was the perfect opportunity to win.

Grug

It really must be an odd feeling accepting a trophy and handshake from a man who dreams of conquering your country.

rCkzZzT.gif

Zaru

Great points haul for Force India. Damage limitation for Red Bull.
Now to get some post-race interviews from Hamilton...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom