• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Looks like I missed a shit race.

And of course Ferrari would throw away a gifted 1-2 finish.

Fucking hell.

The real race was yesterday.

zpfjqTV.jpg

SXCx3WD.jpg

eT34AcV.jpg

Branson

Man what a disappointing weekend of racing so far. INDYCAR was boring. This seems boring, I haven't watched yet. Just woke up to tweets saying there wasn't any overtaking. Hopefully the NASCAR race is interesting.

magimix

Fuck this track; it doesn't work with these cars. There is just too many of these tracks now.

Won't be the only race with no overtaking either (Australia sort of counts as well).

Reckon there could be any thirst on the part of the 'bigwigs' to change the track at all? This is the first Sochi race I've watched, and it seemed almost intentionally designed to stretch the field out. So many 90-degree corners - and no part to it that really seemed to 'flow'.[1] Not only that, but the field got very stretched out, *really quickly*.

There will of course be lingering concerns about the cars themselves and what that means for the season as a whole, but personally I thought the first three races were pretty good (yes, Australia too). Against those, this Sochi race really stood out as different.

[1] It puts me in the mind of a poorly designed track in Trials Fusion, where obstacles are just thrown in, and don't come together to form a coherent riding line that supports fluid pace.

DBT85

Congrats to Bottas, an important start for him!

Hopefully Merc can work out why their two drivers are having so much trouble in alternate races.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ducking Honda. That is all.

Ducking out of racing that is. How can they make an engine so fucking badly.

Juicy Bob

I always thought Sepang wasn't anything exciting, to be honest. Except for monsoonage.

Also, I always hated it on racing games. I'm awful at it.

Also awful at Sochi too..

Fox Mulder

Lmao

That track (sans turn 3) is garbage. Extremely boring. The surface is also way too kind to the tires, though I don't know if that's primarily Pirelli's fault or not.

The first year of this shit track, Rosberg pitted at the end of the first lap and ran to the end and got 2nd. It sucks.

I always thought Sepang wasn't anything exciting, to be honest. Except for monsoonage.

Also, I always hated it on racing games. I'm awful at it.

Also awful at Sochi too..

Sepang has a fun flow to it and has the weather wild card. Way better than Baku, Russia, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi. I really hope Liberty punts some of these shit Bernie buddy tracks.

Super driving from Bottas. I did doubt him but he pulled off a perfect start and held on well.

Still not really seen the top guys have a long battle to see if these cars can overtake. Bit worried they get nullified by dirty air a bit more than previous years.

Zaru

Interesting bit from an article about the never built Manor car

It has been speculated that the team losing 10th place in the constructors championship in 2016 resulted in the collapse of the team but really while it did cost the team £11 million that was not the major factor of the teams failure. Its owners had hoped to build up the team and sell it on for a profit, but the new Superlicence points system has seriously reduced the pool of available pay-drivers and it became rather unclear how Manor would have raised revenue.

Fucking lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

ramparter

Banned
This is clearly evidence that Hamilton's season will continue exactly like this race, rather than any of the others before it, including where he won.

Let's discuss that proposition for the next 2 weeks.
Mercedes will need to replace him with a better driver if they want that constructors title.

ramparter

Banned
Perfect.
The "you're always only as good as your last race" mentality prevalent in parts of the fanbase is really something else
People were criticising Hamilton for whining on the radio, obviously the car was perfect and his performance was due to his mediocre skills. If we really look into his career I'm sure most of his wins were lucky and he would never take a title if he had serious competition. Hill and Villeneuve were better drivers.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Mercedes really got their stuff together with their new clutch system. Lewis should be much more aggressive at start, so he could pass Kimi.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Ugh, that was a dull race. First Phoenix and now Sochi. Alonso didn't even last the formation lap, I bet he's happy this is the last day of April. Stroll finally finished a race, now all he has left on this season's checklist is finishing in the points. I didn't stay for the podium ceremonies, was Putin still hanging around?

On another note, is it alright with everyone if I make the OT for the Indy 500? I only recently got thread making privileges, so I'll defer to anyone who also wants to make the OT.

Shaneus

There's a guy called WILL POWER? That's even better than SCOTT SPEED
Yup, he's Australian, too. Probably why he tested in a Minardi, as mentioned earlier (the Stoddart link).

On that note, I'd love to see Stoddart comment on the current state of things. Or even head up another team again, I think he'd be perfect for stirring some shit up.

Chris R

On another note, is it alright with everyone if I make the OT for the Indy 500? I only recently got thread making privileges, so I'll defer to anyone who also wants to make the OT.

I'd say go right ahead and make one. I'll be watching the race, but not until the middle of June due to some vacation time away from my TVs lol

Fisico

So I didn't watch the Indycar race at all but it was the first Oval track and the first driver with a Honda engine only came 5th.
Is this (a little bit) worrying or due to race circumstances?
Talking about Fernando's chance to win Indy there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom