• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Williams getting Honda money would be good for the team as they don;t have the resources that McLaren have.

But having a shithouse engine that drops them to the back of the grid isn't exactly going to help and you have to think Honda wouldn't pay Williams the same its paying McLaren.

nny

Le Mans has convinced me that Vettel needs to have a single headlight installed in his car, so that he can flash it while screaming "blue flags!"

Tubie

Wax Free Fan Fiction:

Sauber becomes the Honda works team in 2018.

Engines go back to V8 NA engines 2019, Honda still has reliability issues.

Sauber hires Maldonado in 2020.

Maldonado wins the worlds drivers championship for Sauber-Honda, starting a 10 year long dynasty.

The world ends a year later.

Wax Free Fan Fiction:

Sauber becomes the Honda works team in 2018.

Engines go back to V8 NA engines 2019, Honda still has reliability issues.

Sauber hires Maldonado in 2020.

Maldonado wins the worlds drivers championship for Sauber-Honda, starting a 10 year long dynasty.

The world ends a year later.

In Maldonado We Trust

I'd have him replace The Stoff in a heartbeat for the remainder of this McHonda partnership, he'd do a much better job with this "grippy and well balanced" car than the Belgian fraud.

Jezbollah

xrnzaaas

Renault's biggest priority right now is probably getting Alonso for 2018. Personally I don't see this happening, but who knows, it's not like it would be his first unexpected career move.

Zaru

Renault's biggest priority right now is probably getting Alonso for 2018. Personally I don't see this happening, but who knows, it's not like it would be his first unexpected career move.

They're not going to be a top team in 2018 and Alonso will cost them a fortune to lock down. Historical precedent aside I don't see it happening

If McLaren really are switching back to Mercedes next year, I imagine Alonso will be likely to stay on to give it a go with a decent engine, and then perhaps move to Renault after a year for one last championship punt if they've got their shit together by then. If McLaren stay with Honda, I don't see Alonso anywhere else in F1 other than Renault.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
F1 2018 Calendar (provisional)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-calendar-triple-header-2018-920468/

25 March Australia
8 April China
15 April Bahrain
29 April Azerbaijan
13 May Spain
27 May Monaco
10 June Canada
24 June France
1 July Austria
8 July Great Britain
22 July Germany
29 July Hungary
26 August Belgium
2 September Italy
16 September Singapore
30 September Russia
7 October Japan
21 October USA
28 October Mexico
11 November Brazil
25 November Abu Dhabi

ramparter

Banned
Williams might be partnering with Honda next years as the "works team" that used to be McLaren.

Can't handle being on top...
but seriously if Honda are committed on the F1 project they are bound to succeed at some point

So they are really doing 21 races!

Zaru

Can't handle being on top...
but seriously if Honda are committed on the F1 project they are bound to succeed at some point

Nobody is "bound to succeed". 3 other engine manufacturers and a bunch of better funded teams would like to have a word on that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Uf, triple header on F1 2018 calendar - Paul Richard, RBR Ring and Silverstone on three consecutive weeks.

Formula E season 4 provisional calendar

2017/18 FIA Formula E Championship - Calendar

Round City Country Date

1 Hong Kong China December 2, 2017

2 Hong Kong China December 3, 2017

3 Marrakesh Morocco January 13, 2018

4 Santiago Chile February 3, 2018

5 Mexico City Mexico March 3, 2018

6 Sao Paulo* Brazil March 17, 2018

7 Rome Italy April 14, 2018

8 Paris France April 28, 2018

9 TBA** Germany May 19, 2018

10 TBA** TBA** June 9, 2018

11 New York City USA July 7, 2018***

12 New York City USA July 8, 2018***

13 Montreal Canada July 28, 2018

14 Montreal Canada July 29, 2018

* Subject to confirmation

** Venue to be announced

*** Date to be confirmed

Yagami_Sama

Imagine the meltdown if Honda switch to Williams, and Stroll become the World Champion. While McLaren struggle to be on P5 with Mercedes engine.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Imagine the meltdown if Honda switch to Williams, and Stroll become the World Champion. While McLaren struggle to be on P5 with Mercedes engine.

I think that mass extinction due to asteroid impact has a much bigger chance of happening than that.

Fox Mulder

Nobody is "bound to succeed". 3 other engine manufacturers and a bunch of better funded teams would like to have a word on that.

sure. I'd still think being lined up as a works team would be beneficial for the new engine regulations in a few years.

Burai

shitonmychest57
It's the Volvo factory team, Volvo bought Polestar a couple of years ago.

I don't know how much more official you want, take the description of this article. It's a works team.

https://www.fiawtcc.com/volvo-polestar-confirms-wtcc-line-up-launch-plans/

It's works-ish.

Cyan Racing run the cars with some support from Polestar. There's no Volvo money going into this project which is why there's no Volvo branding on the cars.

It's a bit like the Power Maxed works Vauxhall Astras in BTCC. Vauxhall provide limited factory support in exchange for discounts on parts from Power Maxed and access to their customer network.

Both teams are far from proper works teams as we traditionally know them.

So, Malaysia > France? Weren't we promised Istanbul? Trouble with the calendar now is that soooo many races are "traditional"/classic/must-haves where it would be extremely awkward to not have a race somewhere. I bolded stuff that would be criminal to get rid of, and italics are "almost" must-haves at this point (either for fans, the image of the sport, or what the FIA/FOM want).

25 March Australia
8 April China
15 April Bahrain
29 April Azerbaijan
13 May Spain
27 May Monaco
10 June Canada

24 June France
1 July Austria
8 July Great Britain
22 July Germany
29 July Hungary

26 August Belgium
2 September Italy

16 September Singapore
30 September Russia
7 October Japan
21 October USA
28 October Mexico
11 November Brazil
25 November Abu Dhabi

Fox Mulder

Three GP's in three weeks with France, Austria, and Great Britain. That's gotta be fun.

So, Malaysia > France? Weren't we promised Istanbul? Trouble with the calendar now is that soooo many races are "traditional"/classic/must-haves where it would be extremely awkward to not have a race somewhere. I bolded stuff that would be criminal to get rid of, and italics are "almost" must-haves at this point (either for fans, the image of the sport, or what the FIA/FOM want).

They could cut some Bernie fat if they wanted to make it fan oriented. Who gives a shit about Baku, Russia, or Abu Dhabi.

Jezbollah

I really don't think Turkey is a good place to go for F1 right now.

Zeknurn

Uf, triple header on F1 2018 calendar - Paul Richard, RBR Ring and Silverstone on three consecutive weeks.

Formula E season 4 provisional calendar

That's a much better calendar but I still would like to see another race in January/February.

25 March Australia
8 April China
15 April Bahrain
29 April Azerbaijan
13 May Spain
27 May Monaco
10 June Canada
24 June France
1 July Austria
8 July Great Britain
22 July Germany
29 July Hungary
26 August Belgium
2 September Italy
16 September Singapore
30 September Russia
7 October Japan
21 October USA
28 October Mexico
11 November Brazil
25 November Abu Dhabi

Looks good to me.

Istanbul was just an empty promise by the Turkish dictator to try to influence their referendum election.

Rolfgang

Err... Italic doesn't work in quotes.

kiyomi

It's the epitome of a featureless flat parking lot track. The only thing interesting about it are the brightly colored runoff lines.

It really is. Magny Cours was in the middle of nowhere but at least it was an interesting track.

I guess Paul Ricard was chosen because it's already in use for high-level racing and I don't know how many tracks France has that would be F1-ready. And maybe as a favour to Bernie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom