• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramparter

Banned
@adamcooperF1
Good sources now confirming rumoured split between Monisha Kaltenborn and @SauberF1Team, presumably new owners lost patience
They should keep her and hire a second Team Principal to troll her.

Lach

Good for Sauber. I thought she did well while being in the vice principal role while Peter Sauber was still in charge but was way to reactionary in her role as principal once she took over. Hopefully they can find someone to bring them back.

[edit] though it does look the reason behind the firing might be a different one
autosport.com said:
Sources have suggested one of the issues was the treatment of Sauber drivers Marcus Ericsson and Pascal Wehrlein. It is understood the owner wanted to give Ericsson priority over Wehrlein, but Kaltenborn was not in favour of such a policy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Finally, good riddance, what an absolutely terrible team boss she was. Made me actively hate what has been for decades one of the most sympathetic teams on the F1 grid.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
@adamcooperF1
'@SauberF1Team team manager Beat Zehnder and tech director Jorg Zander are in charge of the team's operations in Baku this weekend

@GvanderGarde
Always have wanted to add 'Team Principal' on my resume... #youguysstillgotmynumber

Aiii

So not worth it
@adamcooperF1
'@SauberF1Team team manager Beat Zehnder and tech director Jorg Zander are in charge of the team's operations in Baku this weekend

@GvanderGarde
Always have wanted to add 'Team Principal' on my resume... #youguysstillgotmynumber

Hey if Christijan Albers can do it, why not Giedo?

tomtom94

Good for Sauber. I thought she did well while being in the vice principal role while Peter Sauber was still in charge but was way to reactionary in her role as principal once she took over. Hopefully they can find someone to bring them back.

[edit] though it does look the reason behind the firing might be a different one

If that's true that would be kind of funny in a way, for her to get fired for doing the right thing rather than for some of her mistakes.

Zaru

If that's true that would be kind of funny in a way, for her to get fired for doing the right thing rather than for some of her mistakes.

Considering Sauber's financial and performance situation, I'm not sure how much "doing the right thing" is worth.

Spades

Good for Sauber. I thought she did well while being in the vice principal role while Peter Sauber was still in charge but was way to reactionary in her role as principal once she took over.

Yep, agreed. The team needs a change of direction.

mclem

A left-field comment, but it does have meaning to it, I swear!

The Crystal Maze is coming back! First episode on Friday, on Channel 4, and they're starting with a run of celebrity specials.

And the reason I'm posting here is the second episode - Friday 30th - which according to the Radio Times includes the following in the lineup:

This instalment sees adventurers Steve Jones, Scarlett Moffatt, David Coulthard, Joey Essex and team captain Jodie Kidd

Two people from the C4 F1 coverage... should be fun-times.

(Could possibly bold Jodie Kidd as well, given she's not a bad driver herself!)

Zeknurn

@ScarbsTech
Is the shuffle at Sauber related to sponsorship/driver decisions in the light of a bigger Honda PU deal resulting from Mac-Honda split?
Sauber take the Honda PU, some money and a driver?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Kazuki Nakajima is the only Japanese driver with enough Superlicense points, but I'm not sure Honda would take a Toyota driver.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Nobuharu Matsushita is a Honda junior, he would need to finish 3rd in the F2 championship to have enough points for a super license. He's currently 5th in the championship standings.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Nobuharu Matsushita is a Honda junior, he would need to finish 3rd in the F2 championship to have enough points for a super license. He's currently 5th in the championship standings.

Unfortunately, I'm not confident he'll get anywhere near 3rd place.

Aiii

So not worth it
Come on guys, the choice is obvious...

1280px-Takuma_Sato_2013.jpg

FrankCanada97

Not a knock on Sato, but it would take a miracle for anyone other than a Penske or Ganassi driver to win the IndyCar championship.

Lach

So Kaltenborn's exit has since been confirmed.

Media keeps naming Colin Kolles as a possible replacement. Don't know much about him though this entry on his wikipedia page makes me worried:
In July 2013, it emerged that Kolles had previously tried to blackmail Mercedes-Benz Motorsport boss Toto Wolff after he had allegedly recorded Wolff making negative remarks about the Mercedes F1 Team's management.

FrankCanada97

Colin Kolles used to be the team principal of HRT. IIRC, he was the main reason that team lasted as long it did. He also runs the ByKolles LMP1 WEC team, whose cars have an unfortunate tendency to spontaneously combust.

Zeknurn

US GP qualifying will start two hours later because of Timberlake.

That puts it at 23:00 here. :/

Colin Kolles used to be the team principal of HRT. IIRC, he was the main reason that team lasted as long it did. He also runs the ByKolles LMP1 WEC team, whose cars have an unfortunate tendency to spontaneously combust.

@tgruener
Kolles not among candidates for Sauber team principle role according to AMuS sources.
Our educated guess for new Sauber team principle: Frederic Vasseur or Dave Ryan. Let's see who will be pulled out of the hat!

@adamcooperF1
Interesting names in the frame for the Sauber job, including Jost Capito (who was there before), Dave Ryan and Graeme Lowdon

I think that's a completely unfair accusation. The ByKolles didn't run long enough to even reach a combustible temperature this year.

If they wanted to reduce the time between qualifying and the concern, the easiest solution is to move the concert forward. The fact that they'd rather affect the whole F1 event, including all the broadcasters leads me to suspect that it's not the real reason for the change.

FrankCanada97

Esteban Gutierrez has been confirmed as Bourdais' replacement driver for the rest of the IndyCar season starting this weekend at Road America.

Aiii

So not worth it
Senna is on TV here.

Boy did they fuck him over in 1989. I will never not get angry when seeing that part of the documentary. For all the shit FIA has pulled, that was some grade A bullshit right there. Balestre was such a cunt.

AndyD

aka andydumi
If they wanted to reduce the time between qualifying and the concern, the easiest solution is to move the concert forward. The fact that they'd rather affect the whole F1 event, including all the broadcasters leads me to suspect that it's not the real reason for the change.

Same here. I'd think the logistics for a concert are easier to change than the logistics for a race.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
@adamcooperF1
Interesting to hear that ART boss and former @RenaultSportF1 man Fred Vasseur was spotted in Hinwil in Thursday...

sTiTcH AU

Senna is on TV here.

Boy did they fuck him over in 1989. I will never not get angry when seeing that part of the documentary. For all the shit FIA has pulled, that was some grade A bullshit right there. Balestre was such a cunt.

While I don't want to spark a debate about the Senna movie, the movie itself was grade A bullshit.

Hoping for a more exciting race at Baku this year.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
While I don't want to spark a debate about the Senna movie, the movie itself was grade A bullshit.

Wait the movie itself was grade a bullshit, or what was going on in the doco was bullshit?

Cuz as a documentary i thought it was pretty well made.

Zeknurn

Oh god Herbert is back in the commentary box. Did they not get any feedback last time?

edit: It's a Channel 4 weekend. Crisis averted.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Oh god Herbert is back in the commentary box. Did they not get any feedback last time?

edit: It's a Channel 4 weekend. Crisis averted.

Ehh, I don't see the big problem some people have with Herbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom