• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

I honestly don't think Vettel intended to hit Hamilton, he was too focused on gesticulating to him and wasn't paying enough attention to where he was going.

Still worthy of a major penatly though.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Hamilton, please understand: The point of a SC is to have the field together and time for marshalls on the track. VSC doesn't work when you want to clean a track.

TCRS

Banned
W5Uhb3Z.jpg

"sporting"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just let them run with the debris. Whoever can finish, wins. I've got shit to do today, I don't have time to wait for the incompetent Azerbaijani stewards to clean the track!

Hanmik

So what's the maximum penalty both Hamilton and Vettel could get for this? Not sure about the first incident (looks more like Hamilton's fault, but dunno), but surely Vettel purposefully ramming Hamilton is gonna lead to a heavy penalty?

I think a driver from Japan got a one race penalty for doing what Ham (supposedly) did.. He was not allowed to race next race.

Rodelero

I don't really see how anything less than a disqualification can fit for intentionally causing a collision. It was extremely fortunate for, well, everyone, that they bashed wheels and neither car was more severely damaged.

Vettel is typically a likable fellow but he can be as petulant as a child at times. A proper punishment is surely necessary for him to learn that he isn't above the rules. He got away scot-free from that rather gross rant towards Charlie last year, didn't he?

dakun

Also can we finally say we got a championship on our hands now? No more friendly rivalry shit. This will be a vicious fight to the end.

acm2000

The first contact was vettels fault for not paying attention to what Lewis was doing as he didn't brake just coasted, and the second was purely diving his car into Lewis.

Black flag the cunt for that

paskowitz

Quite clear HAM not at fault from his onboard.

Wut... Hitting the brakes hard enough to lock them up mid corner during a safety car lap with cars behind... yeah... that's not an accident.

I do think Vettel should get a stricter penalty thought. 5 spots for HAM, 10 for VET.

Leonsito

Hamilton's engine sound like it was reving down after the exit of the corner, however, SC lights were out and he can dictate the pace he wants.

McNum

Quite clear HAM not at fault from his onboard.
Yeah, that full red on BRAKE means he totally didn't block his brakes.

...wait. No it means the exact opposite. That crash is all HAM. That was, to quote the rules even, "unnecessarily slow and erratic driving", which is explicitly stated in the part about Safety Cars.

Breakage

Vettel's follow up shunt doesn't look good. Looked like he had his right hand on the wheel so doubt he can say he didn't have control of the car because he was too busy gesturing.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Yeah, that full red on BRAKE means he totally didn't block his brakes.

...wait. No it means the exact opposite. That crash is all HAM. That was, to quote the rules even, "unnecessarily slow and erratic driving", which is explicitly stated in the part about Safety Cars.

You ever heard of feathering?

Looked intentional to me but not sure I saw from the front, Did Vet have two hands off the wheel?
Good to see Kimi out, let the race of attrition begin continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom