• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
That's got to be a HUGE penalty for Vettel INTENTIONALLY ramming into Hamilton.

That needs to be whatever the highest penalty they can give is. That should be a race ban. That is absolutely disgraceful.

Can't be intentional when you are not even touching the wheel.

MobiusHuan

Neo Member
Shouldn't they have black-flagged Vettel already? Kind of ugly for both parts... Hamilton for his pace, and Vettel for his action.

Alonso podium BELIEVE

Aiii

So not worth it
Can't be intentional when you are not even touching the wheel.

Seems like he got a bit too hotheaded, but still deserves a big penalty for that nonsense.

Hamilton should get one too (smaller penalty) for slowing right after a corner. A bit of care was needed on his part.

I am all Vettel and Ferrari, but Vettel should be black flagged and Hamilton should get a stop go penalty for slowing the field. That was nuts.

McNum

Hamliton did block the brakes. You can see the rear tires stop completely and some smoke. That hit is on Hamilton. The revenge hit is on Vettel.

Throw both of them out of the race.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Looking at it again, did Hamilton brake or did he just not accelerate as quickly as Vettel expected? Also Vettel's a jackass for that bump after.

He obviously slowed down at the exit. Vettel never changes the speed (look at the wheel), Ham slows down after the corner.

dakun

The fact that this happended under SAFETY car is even worse. You don't do this shit.

I just know they'll say investigation after race and give a 10 place grid penalty or something like that. To me a black flag is necessary.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Vettel's road rage might be one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in F1 recently. What a stupid move.

Lima

Lmao they won't give him a black flag.

They will need to talk to both after the race, look at all the data that caused the collision and then maybe they will give Vettel a penalty for Spielberg.

Hamliton did block the brakes. You can see the rear tires stop completely and some smoke. That hit is on Hamilton. The revenge hit is on Vettel.

Throw both of them out of the race.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Perez would have (almost) hit Vettel if he had been closer as well.

nny

All of you asking for black flags, just remember that if Seb and Lewis finish on the podium we will get a very awkward moment when they prepare for the podium in that small room. We may even get some punches thrown around. ;P

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Presumably the stewards are calculating the impact of a black flag or a ban.

Coulthard tries to justify what Vettel did. He didn't do it intentionally, just happened.

I'm not convinced it was an intentional collision either. It looks like he was so busy gesturing at Hamilton that he didn't realise his car wasn't running parallel. That's not to say that there shouldn't be a penalty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom