• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Are you even watching?

EDIT: oh shit, Bottas officially investigated for a jump start.
Yup. Driver error. Just not his. Well, the stall that put him in the Kvyat zone was his, but stalling shouldn't mean you get taken out like a bowling pin due to one car hitting another which then hits yous.

Jezbollah

What did he do?

Both Kyvat and Verstappen got bad launches. Alonso got a good one, passed Kyvat and was catching up to Verstappen. Then going into Turn 1, Kyvat didnt react in time to the braking, locked up and hit Alonso's rear right. Alonso then spun into Max.

M52B28

Banned
Both Kyvat and Verstappen got bad launches. Alonso got a good one, passed Kyvat and was catching up to Verstappen. Then going into Turn 1, Kyvat didnt react in time to the braking, locked up and hit Alonso's rear right. Alonso then spun into Max.
Damn. Race potential is just gone in a second, just like that.

Lach

Didn't look like a jump start to me in the replay.

But I know in track&field they include a minimal reaction time when deciding on jump starts. Is this the case in F1 as well?

Jezbollah

Yup. Driver error. Just not his. Well, the stall that put him in the Kvyat zone was his, but stalling shouldn't mean you get taken out like a bowling pin due to one car hitting another which then hits yous.

The only bad thing Max did was get a bad start. The rest wasnt his fault. Ironically Alonso getting a good start is what caused him to retire too.

stryke

No Kyvat had a good launch, he overtook Sainz.

Lunar FC

Believe it was Sainz not kyv with the bad start.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Kvyat got a good launch. Sainz was the one who bogged down. Watch kvyat's onboard again. He drives around Sainz and then locks up the brakes.

Orbis

Didn't look like a jump start to me in the replay.

But I know in track&field they include a minimal reaction time when deciding on jump starts. Is this the case in F1 as well?
According to Martin Brundle, they do. So we'll have to wait and see.

What a horrible start by Verstappen. Dude needs to focus.

See if he was near vettel the drama would reach new heights.
Really now. He has has some amazing starts this year and suddenly he needs to focus after one bad one.

I feel horrible for all those fans that made the trip. Fuck Kvyat.

Sainz got a bad start. Kvyatt was alright.

Jezbollah

Was it a jump start? How fast are they allowed to react?

So the ruling is that they allow "anticipation time" - but according to Sky the frame in which the lights went out was the same frame that Bottas started moving.

If it's a jump start, then it's a jump start by the very finest margin.

Kyvat with a drive through.

Xando

Drive through for the last driver is so useless.

Should give a +5,+10 next race

Kimi in shambles again, what a suprise

McNum

The only bad thing Max did was get a bad start. The rest wasnt his fault. Ironically Alonso getting a good start is what caused him to retire too.
Yeah. I feel worse for Alonso, to be honest.

Verstappen has really, really not have had any luck on his side this season. I'm not sure if his luck has become so bad it's funny yet, but it's kind of getting old. I would like to see Max in a scrappy duel with someone again. If he's going to DNF, at least do it like that instead of mechanical failure or the errors of others.

So the ruling is that they allow "anticipation time" - but according to Sky the frame in which the lights went out was the same frame that Bottas started moving.

If it's a jump start, then it's a jump start by the very finest margin.

Kyvat with a drive through.

And since the Stewards aren't as harsh this season, nothing is going to happen.

Vettel can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom