• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah. I feel worse for Alonso, to be honest.

Verstappen has really, really not have had any luck on his side this season. I'm not sure if his luck has become so bad it's funny yet, but it's kind of getting old. I would like to see Max in a scrappy duel with someone again. If he's going to DNF, at least do it like that instead of mechanical failure or the errors of others.

It is not really funny when any driver at the front retires, just takes away from the excitement. Kvyat took out two of the most exciting drivers on the grid, too, damn fool.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Alonso is great in his interviews after a DNF. He's clearly seasoned.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
They really need to do something about these camera angles. This is a high speed circuit and yet 9/10 outboard shots look slow. It's noticeable at other circuits, but especially so here.

mclem

Just studied the regs, it should be a drivethrough or a 10s stop/go if it is illegal, and the official metric is based on the responses from the transponder in the car. There's no mention of whether anticipation is factored in in the official regs.

McNum

It is not really funny when any driver at the front retires, just takes away from the excitement. Kvyat took out two of the most exciting drivers on the grid, too, damn fool.
Eh, to a point. The double Mercedes crash last season was a highlight. When the top contenders for the championship start bumping into each other, it's good drama. See also last race. Having someone from the back of the pack take out a frontrunner is a little boring, though.

I will miss Alonso's biting radio sarcasm, though. And I do want to see what Verstappen can do again soon.

Orbis

Does anyone remember what penalty Maldonaldo got for the jump start some years back?
Current rules allow 10 second stop and go or drive through. Drive through more likely as it was close. I think he'll be fine though, looks like he just had the best possible start.

Interview on Dutch TV with Verstappen. Clutch completely gone. Would have retired anyway.

Max out while Danny will get podium again. I don't know how much longer he can take this.
I think the media is making a much bigger deal out of this. They're not racing for a championship and from everything we see him do or say Verstappen only cares about winning races.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Surely the FIA can't put in a value plucked out of thin air to account for human response time.

I reckon he went before the saw the lights, but the car didn't start until after. But even so, they can't say "well human reaction is X so we'll give you a penalty because you're just not that good based on our finger-in-the-air metric".

Juicy Bob

Bottas didn't jump the start.

If you move before the lights go out then you should be penalised.

If you move 0.001s or later after the lights go out, that should be perfectly legal IMO.

Dilly

Banned
They really need to do something about these camera angles. This is a high speed circuit and yet 9/10 outboard shots look slow. It's noticeable at other circuits, but especially so here.

Old onboards seemed to have more FOV. They should do that again, always looked cool.

Bottas is on it this weekend.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Pegging huh.

Anyway, F1 is such a big difference from F2 and GP3. Cars were close there and the races were more interesting. 2020's new Engine rules can't come soon enough.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
HAM is on a different strategy. Not sure why HUL is so far back. I know he pitted and is on a 2-stop strategy, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom