• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Showers already appearing in the close vicinity of the circuit

Radar image, Spielberg is near the top center . Using Meteo.si radar image, because Austrian meteo service does not provide public access to it.

Xando

I'm going for an over/under of 4.. 4 corners then Lewis will be out.

Yeah got a similiar feeling of Lewis crashing out early.

Race predictions:

Bottas and Vettel will touch in the first 2 corners
Lewis will be out in the first lap
Max will suffer another DNF
Bottas wins with Vettel in 2nd
Stroll or Palmer will cause a SC
RIC will be 3rd

Lach

God damn. ORF is really pulling all the punches for their home grand prix coverage.
Yesterday, between P3 and Quali they had a great roundtable discussion with austrian people in F1, Toto, Niki, Steiner and Marko.

Just now they had a great interview with Chase Carey.

Really great! I feel this is another effect of the Liberty Media influence!

[edit] And I love Max being able to give interviews in german!

Zeknurn

Well I hope that Vettel and Verstappen doesn't come together because then we might see the massive blob of orange come together with the massive blob of red in the grandstands.

You weirdos in the rest of the world that use estimated rainfall rates for radar reflectivity are crazy, I swear. This is one case where odd US exceptionalism gets it right (in that we use a completely inexplicable unit of measurement that makes zero sense without a degree in something).

Was Mercedes hoping for rain, maybe? Hamilton, specifically. The SSofts had <10 laps of performance in them in the F2 feature race so they must be scheming--or are expecting the Ultras to be goofy for some reason? Not just a peak performance area but absolute tyre death before 10 laps. Like 2012-13 levels of sudden dropoff.

Theorry

Those Dutch crowds haha.
I am reading Red Bull Ring is indeed a great place to go. You can camp arround it, the tickets are way cheaper then other races and have great facilities and you are allowed at alot of places also.

I really hope this isn't one of those incredibly boring races that's made all the more infuriating by the commentary team repeatedly insisting throughout the race that rain is imminent - and then it rains 20 minutes after the race has finished.

Jezbollah

Those Dutch crowds haha.
I am reading Red Bull Ring is indeed a great place to go. You can camp arround it, the tickets are way cheaper then other races and have great facilities and you are allowed at alot of places also.

I'm not sure about A1/Red Bull Ring - but I've heard lots of really good things about Austria in general, and I have a friend who lives in Linz who has been asking me to stay over for a long weekend. Need to do it at some stage.

Orbis

Sky stirring shit again about the Baku incident, Simon just asked Toto "if it were Hamilton, would the penalty have been more severe?". Which is basically "is there an anti-Mercedes/Lewis conspiracy?". Just fuck off Sky.

I really hope this isn't one of those incredibly boring races that's made all the more infuriating by the commentary team repeatedly insisting throughout the race that rain is imminent - and then it rains 20 minutes after the race has finished.
Yeah that's such an F1 thing to happen, too many times I've been basically rocking in my seat basically praying for rain. Only for it to miss the race entirely. What we don't want is a monsoon because current F1 wet tyres are pretty poor for standing water and we'll end up with umpteen laps behind the safety car.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I'm not sure about A1/Red Bull Ring - but I've heard lots of really good things about Austria in general, and I have a friend who lives in Linz who has been asking me to stay over for a long weekend. Need to do it at some stage.

Austria is nice, especially the Kaerten region with all the lakes and mountains. And I really like Tirol and Voralberg also
I will be in Zeltweg on 16th September on The Rolling Stones concert :)

Lol Christian Horner in lederhosen.

He should wear dirndl instead

Lach

Bottas and Vettel will touch in the first 2 corners
Lewis will be out in the first lap
Max will suffer another DNF
Bottas wins with Vettel in 2nd
Stroll or Palmer will cause a SC
RIC will be 3rd

Most interesting thing about this outcome (HAM dnf, BOT win) would be that Bottas would only be 3 points behind Hamilton.

John_B

It should be a standing start like in &#9100;China. I think Charlie can opt to do a safety car start if conditions are unsafe for a standing start.

Orbis

What's the procedure if it's a wet start behind the safety car? Standing start when it's dried up or not?
If there's a safety car start, the laps will not count and will just be extra formation laps. Then, when the safety car leaves the track the drivers will form on the grid and we'll have a proper grid start. Drivers who start from the pits will follow the pack behind the safety car but must then enter the pit lane and start from there when the grid start happens.

Zeknurn

It should be a standing start like in &#9100;China. I think Charlie can opt to do a safety car start if conditions are unsafe for a standing start.

If there's a safety car start, the laps will not count and will just be extra formation laps. Then, when the safety car leaves the track the drivers will form on the grid and we'll have a proper grid start. Drivers who start from the pits will follow the pack behind the safety car but must then enter the pit lane and start from there when the grid start happens.

Thanks! I can never remember it for some reason.

sTiTcH AU

Look at all that orange in the stands...wow. It will be such a shame when Max's car breaks down. :/

I hope Max at least gets on the podium. As much as i want to see Danny Ric destory him (which just isnt happening this year), Max is just so likeable and honestly deserves an awesome result with all his mechanical issues hes had.

JDB

Banned
VER will have a mechanical failure, grab a scooter, and drive into the sunset and not return until after the 2019 season where he joins Ferrari. &#128076;

dakun

Bernd Maylander (safety car driver) said rain is very likely during the race. His source are the official wheather people that provides data to all teams

A sign of things to come...

SmmKOXS.png

KdotIX

I hate this whole "gloves are coming off" thing Sky F1 is doing. It's so dumb. Everyone in the F1 community has moved on and Sky are still going on about it...

Rahvar

I'm dying. Swedish broadcaster just showed a trailer with the friends intro. Even wrote "fiender" in the friends font (swedish for enemies). Had clips and text saying "starring:" of Arrivabene, Vettel, Hamilton and Toto slamming his fist on the table repeatedly. &#128514;

McNum

I hate this whole "gloves are coming off" thing Sky F1 is doing. It's so dumb. Everyone in the F1 community has moved on and Sky are still going on about it...
Taking off your gloves seems like a very stupid idea for F1 racing, anyway. Fire safety aside, I really would not want to hold an F1 steering wheel barehanded with those kinds of forces involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom