• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spades

I assume Kimi/Vettel were slow there, that difference in speed was huge.

For a lock up. Do they take intent into account at all?

Ridiculous penalty. When I've questioned why people haven't got penalties in the past for first lap incidents I'm told that they are given the benefit of the doubt for the start.

Minor mistake with zero malice that unfortunately ended someone else's race. Ridiculous penalty.

Never understood why they serve these penalties during the race. Surely a man with a stop watch can't be more accurate than digitally adding 10 seconds to your race time.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
RIC relatively calm. RIC expects VER to recognize his mistake and apologize. But if VER doesn't, there might be a problem internally.

Grug

Never understood why they serve these penalties during the race. Surely a man with a stop watch can't be more accurate than digitally adding 10 seconds to your race time.

It's better for spectators if they serve it in the race. Otherwise it can ruin the optics of a finish.

Spades

RIC implying that VER shouldn't even have been there. I mean, come on, it's not like he lunged down the inside from way back. Without the tiny lockup, VER would have been leading RIC out of that corner and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Doikor

Because the penalties have always been ridiculously inconsistent and always will be unless F1 management do something about it.

Thats up to FIA not FOM. FIA decides the rules, how they are applied/enforced and who the marshals are for each race.

hamchan

RIC implying that VER shouldn't even have been there. I mean, come on, it's not like he lunged down the inside from way back. Without the tiny lockup, VER would have been leading RIC out of that corner and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Um, I don't think this is true btw.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ricciardo's being very measured and reasonable to the media.

It was a tiny mistake, no reason to lose your shit over it. Normally a tap like that isn’t even a big deal, he just got very unlucky. Verstappen will apologise and that will be that.

hamchan

It was a tiny mistake, no reason to lose your shit over it. Normally a tap like that isn’t even a big deal, he just got very unlucky. Verstappen will apologise and that will be that.

This. Max pretty lucky to have a good relationship with Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom