• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

I don't feel sorry for Alonso at all. He made his own choices in where he ended up. He has made horrendous choices through out his career since leaving McLaren in 2007 because he had a rookie run circles around him from the first corner at Melbourne that year.

He could have had a few more titles if things worked out differently at McLaren or Ferrari. He even had a chance to get with Redbull in 2008. It just sucks to see talent wasted so far down the grid.

No one though Honda would suck this bad after years. He's just got no where else to go for wins with Ferrari, Redbull, and Mercedes locked up. Renault aren't expecting to be competitive for a few more years.

Fisico

To the surprise of no one, Bourdais managed to finish his comeback race 10th, which is a better place than Gutierrez best result (13th) on his 7th races.

Wonder what he will be doing now.

Dilly

Banned
So, the Honda engine is self regulating and gives less power if the car is doing a laptime that is too good.

It's genius!

TTG

So I was just browsing gaf, there was a thread about someone smuggling a tiger cub over the Mexico USA border when:

Sneaking+up+on+a+tiger_5a0652_6025853.gif

WHAAAT!?

ramparter

Banned
So, the Honda engine is self regulating and gives less power if the car is doing a laptime that is too good.

It's genius!
But honestly this sounds like a very simple software bug, driver didnt lift so engine thought he hadnt past the corner. I honestly dont know how the engines in general are supposed to determine the part of the track they are.

Dilly

Banned
But honestly this sounds like a very simple software bug, driver didnt lift so engine thought he hadnt past the corner. I honestly dont know how the engines in general are supposed to determine the part of the track they are.

Sure, I have no idea how other teams do this. But it doesn't sound like a bullet proof idea to do this based on throttle input alone.

And to fix it, it sounds like they need a new algorithm. So it's more of a design error than a simple bug to me.

Is this Honda software problem on software running on McLaren's own standard ECU? I have no idea what the regulations are on this or if each team or manufacturer write their own software.

From what I could find the ecu inputs at least include wheel speed for all 4 wheels so there should be more clues to take from there.

Zaru

I'm going to be really surprised if the first corner goes by incident-free.
And somehow I'm sure Vettel will not benefit at the start.

Juicy Bob

I'm happy for Mick, but he's not particularly done anything of note in Formula 3 so far this season.

I hope people aren't expecting too much of him.

Zaru

Palmer does well for the first time this season and then his car fails in Q3 followed by a gearbox-induced 5 place grid penalty.
First time I feel sorry for him.

Randdalf

I'm happy for Mick, but he's not particularly done anything of note in Formula 3 so far this season.

I hope people aren't expecting too much of him.

I read somewhere that his cousin David (Ralf's son) has a better record in karting. Think he's starting in F4 this year or next.

Sloane

Banned
Ferrari sounds very confident for today. Then again, if they can beat Mercedes in Spa, they probably don't have anything to fear for the rest of the season. Too bad it won't rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom