• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fingers crossed for a De Vries win.

-Davide haters can get rekt. He is the best commentator in all of motorsports.

tomtom94

They should do this in F1 qualifying as well to clear the track. Everybody at Safety Car speeds.
I was thinking this earlier but I think anyone who had a mechanical failure would be pretty pissed off and there might be issues with tyres as well. That said, definitely worth looking into.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Was Ghiotto actually in 3rd behind DeVries and LeClerc? He cut the corner so I'm not sure if he needed to give his place back....

EDIT: Viewed it again, and yeah, Ghiotto should be fine.

John_B

Verstappen was also impressive today. I don't see him staying with Red Bull. All he has achieved so far is a single win that he lucked into. The Newey rocketship is vaporware at this point. Verstappen will have to go where Hamilton and Vettel are if he wants to have a chance of winning a championship.

Verstappen was also impressive today. I don't see him staying with Red Bull. All he has achieved so far is a single win that he lucked into. The Newey rocketship is vaporware at this point. Verstappen will have to go where Hamilton and Vettel are if he wants to have a chance of winning a championship.
I don't see him going to either team till Hamilton or Vettel retire.

Aiii

So not worth it
He is perfect to replace either but it's unlikely that he will be available when that time comes. Whatever team that signs him for 2019 or 2020 will have him for the next 3-5 years.

Indeed, you can’t just wait until your good driver retires. You will be left with no choices.

Fox Mulder

I don't see him going to either team till Hamilton or Vettel retire.

Both Mercedes and Ferrari are keeping options open even with their own young drivers. Kimi just got one year. Bottas will probably sign a one year deal again.

Ricciardo is available in 2019. Redbull says Verstappen is locked in for two years.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Aaaaand Ghiotto got a 5-second penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Fuoco inherits win.

Lance Stroll's rookie campaign has got to be one of the biggest "Hate Me Now!" F1 stories in years. The kid looked like he barely belonged in an F1 seat at the beginning of the season, but back in Baku and today, in Monza, he's looked calm, composed, and extremely competent.

Also, I dont give a damn about whatever excuses Ferrari fans make about their aero package coming into today, they lost to a Williams and a Force India, cars that absolutely dont have better aero than them, in any sort of condition.

Whatever aero pack Ferrari has still won't be enough to take down Hamilton, I feel something changed in him in the Spa race, like a becoming, the way he's driving, the level he's achieving in all conditions maximizing the bes chassis on the grid is getting, for lack of a better word, scary. Schumacher level scary.

Also Perez on suicide watch after that Ocon 3rd place, the rookie beating the veteran in wet weather conditions? That's gotta damage your ego

Lance Stroll's rookie campaign has got to be one of the biggest "Hate Me Now!" F1 stories in years. The kid looked like he barely belonged in an F1 seat at the beginning of the season, but back in Baku and today, in Monza, he's looked calm, composed, and extremely competent.

Also, I dont give a damn about whatever excuses Ferrari fans make about their aero package coming into today, they lost to a Williams and a Force India, cars that absolutely dont have better aero than them, in any sort of condition.
Maybe Stroll has a double and the real one shows up once every six races or something.
Whatever aero pack Ferrari has still won't be enough to take down Hamilton, I feel something changed in him in the Spa race, like a becoming, the way he's driving, the level he's achieving in all conditions maximizing the bes chassis on the grid is getting, for lack of a better word, scary. Schumacher level scary.

Also Perez on suicide watch after that Ocon 3rd place, the rookie beating the veteran in wet weather conditions? That's gotta damage your ego
After the last race and Perez's homicidal bullshit he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom