• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Williams on the front row?
Lance Stroll on the front row?

WTF what a weird fweekend.

But that Williams wont be able to hold position for very long come race day.
Pray for damp weather....

Zaru

And since Ferrari had no FP3 to improve their race pace, they're gonna stink tomorrow as well.

Possible Stroll or Ocon podium tomorrow?

GuessWho

Wow at stroll! Even without the grid penalties of tomorrow, 4th time is crazy!
And stroll is the youngest driver to start on the front row.

tomtom94

And yeah, holy fuck Stroll. You could call him fortunate in Baku but he did really, really well today. I doubt it will go particularly well tomorrow, but he deserves praise for that.

Par Score

After his performance in Spa, Bottas needs to show he's got what it takes to be a number 2 and keep the Ferrais behind him tomorrow.

This could be a massive swing in points if Merc play it right.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The question is, will Ferrari do worse tomorrow than Mercedes will in Singapore?

Zaru

One of Stroll/Ocon duo will mess his start. And there is a looooooong run to the first chicane
I doubt anything will actually happen, but Lewis has two Mercedes-powered youngsters notorious for crashes on his ass on the way to a chicane known for people doing bold outbreaking moves. That can't be a safe feeling.

Par Score

I doubt anything will actually happen, but Lewis has two Mercedes-powered youngsters notorious for crashes on his ass on the way to a chicane known for people doing bold outbreaking moves. That can't be a safe feeling.

Key words here. Merc top brass will already be making phonecalls.

There will be more than strong words exchanged this evening vis-a-vis a couple of young drivers not putting their future in the sport in jeopardy over doing something silly like trying to race into the first corner tomorrow.

As long as Lewis gets a halfway decent start I can't imagine him being seriously challenged.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Hopefully Lewis can turn his engine down tomorrow to preserve it a bit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lol Stroll & Ocon (and RBR's if it wasn't for the penalties) ahead of Ferrari? Embarrassing.

To be fair, I do not think anyone should be embarassed about being behind Verstappen in the wet. Or Ricciardo, for that matter. Ocon's talent was never in doubt either.

The only real surprise was Stroll, who knew he had it in him?

DBT85

Hopefully Lewis can turn his engine down tomorrow to preserve it a bit.

I'm not expecting it to take too long for the Ferraris to take those positions as they are probably very good on the straight and they get off the line well. Question will be how long it takes and can Lewis build a lead before they get there.

Ninman

Grid for tomorrow (autosport):
gridxzsgg.png

xrnzaaas

To be fair, I do not think anyone should be embarassed about being behind Verstappen in the wet. Or Ricciardo, for that matter.

The only real surprise was Stroll, who knew he had it in him?

I added that in an edit, obviously Stroll & Ocon is the most shocking thing, but still being beaten by four cars in addition to the Mercedes duo is a horrible outcome.

DBT85

The position doesn't even show how far behind they were. 2.5 seconds!
Are Ferrari simply worse in the wet or is it indicative of a problem with their setup, even in the dry?
More than likely running less df to have higher top speeds. So in the wet it's useless. Mercedes probably looking at more df to be far enough ahead at the straight that there is no drs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom