• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Banned
did people expect Ferrari to challenge Mercedes for the whole season? after the last few years, the fact that they are even winning races is great

the engine defecit is just way too much, Hamilton is going to cruise to the championship especially with reliability looking fine for the Mercs

EFzKe2s.gif

ramparter

Banned
did people expect Ferrari to challenge Mercedes for the whole season? after the last few years, the fact that they are even winning races is great

the engine defecit is just way too much, Hamilton is going to cruise to the championship especially with reliability looking fine for the Mercs

Here we go again, the usual "last race is what will happen for the rest of the season" nonsense. I don't understand, you people like to come off as simple minded and naive?

Business

Wondered why it wasn't mentioned but on the same lap that Danny overtook Kimi, Vettel was 3 seconds slower than normal.

I figured he'd gone off, but they never showed a replay.

I saw that and irrc it was a low 27 when he was doing 25's. Maybe just backmarkers.

jey_16

Banned
Here we go again, the usual "last race is what will happen for the rest of the season" nonsense. I don't understand, you people like to come off as simple minded and naive?

how is it simple minded and naive? first back to back wins for Hamilton shows a growing trend of Mercedes dominance, look at the rest of the tracks for the rest of the year and apart from Singapore, can't really see any that suit Ferrari

not to mention Ferrari's poor track record of in-season development

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that RIC can win in Singapore, RBR made a great move with new PU and taking grid penalties and they are developing car with rapid pace

DrM

Redmond's Baby
As far as I'm aware Ferrari never had the oil burning working as well as Mercedes anyway (Scarbs / Peter WIndsor), hence the comment.

They used separate oil tank for burning, but they had to remove it before Baku race.
Also, in 2018, oil burn will be further reduced

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Every single Silverstone lol.

But Vettel is a cunt, so it's ok.

Having attended every British GP for the last 7 years, even through Vettel's winning streak, this didn't happen.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
He definitely got booed when the car broke down on the start/finish straight

Nope. There were cheers.

Anyway, that's different. Mid-race cheers of one driver's failure to celebrate the benefit to the home favourite is not in the same league as booing someone on the podium because they've done a better job.

That doesn't happen at Silverstone.

Singapore should be Ferrari's but Im not buying into the idea that Malaysia,Mexico, and Japan will somehow favor their car. Spain favored their car and they lost there. Russia favored their car and they lost there too.

Nope. There were cheers.

Anyway, that's different. Mid-race cheers of one driver's failure to celebrate the benefit to the home favourite is not in the same league as booing someone on the podium because they've done a better job.

That doesn't happen at Silverstone.

Was that the 2013 race when Hamilton's tyre blew up?

Singapore should be Ferrari's but Im not buying into the idea that Malaysia,Mexico, and Japan will somehow favor their car. Spain favored their car and they lost there. Russia favored their car and they lost there too.

Ehhh?

Spain had long straights and fast corners.

Russia has lots of long straights and fast corners.

Long straights and fast corners are merc strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom