• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

Hamilton now on 8 poles, 6 victories and 238 points. Vettel just 3 points behind (effectively 4 points with fewer wins). Bottas has only managed to gain points on both Hamilton and Vettel in 3 out of 13 races (one of them being Baku). It's unlikely that he will take the lead even with some bad luck for Hamilton and Vettel.

Aiii

So not worth it
So here are my hot takes based on absolutely nothing but rumors.

-McLaren switching to Renault, Alonso stays on.
-STR switches to Honda, proceeds to betatest the engine, 2019 RBR-Honda.
-Kubica takes the Renault seat next year.
Sounds like I am already 1.5/3 on this one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
DI0RuHZXUAA_GcA.jpg:large

John_B

Ron Dennis caused soul devouring troubles for McLaren with his comeback. He threw away the best engine for a set of turd engines, each one more surprising than the next. He also managed to throw away sponsors that wanted to stay. It only took them three seasons to recover a deal that brings them the third best engine and no works team status.

I sincerely hope the Renault PU is worthwhile next season. Four teams taking wins would be exciting. Alonso belongs on that podium.

BigAl1992

So here are my hot takes based on absolutely nothing but rumors.

-McLaren switching to Renault, Alonso stays on.
-STR switches to Honda, proceeds to betatest the engine, 2019 RBR-Honda.
-Kubica takes the Renault seat next year.

1. Seems like a dead cert now. I have no doubt Alonso would walk from McLaren if they stuck with Honda after this season alone, never mind the last three years. It'll be good at least to see the team back up the grid, we need them back.

2. It's possible, but then again I remember TR using Ferrari engines before so that's 50/50 in my view.

3. Very, very likely. Palmer simply hasn't improved after his rookie season last year. Has he been unlucky? He has at two races, but he simply hasn't shown Renault why he should stay. CAVEAT: Kubica's manager did come forward this weekend at Monza and revealed that there's interested from more than one team in him in the F1 paddock, with the LMP1 category in the WEC being a place of interest if things don't work out.

Aiii

So not worth it
I legit cannot decide whether to hate whiny cunt Alonso or love the man’s sarcasm to bits.

If I am honest I would probably act the exact same way.

Can Renault sack Palmer already? This guy has to be the worst driver in F1 at the moment. How can you be at 0 and your teammate at 34 points?

I guarantee that Kubica would put that car in the top 10 in his first race.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Can Renault sack Palmer already? This guy has to be the worst driver in F1 at the moment. How can you be at 0 and your teammate at 34 points?

I guarantee that Kubica would put that car in the top 10 in his first race.

Whatever you think of his ability, he really has had shit luck, and the points score deficit is particularly unrepresentative of his performance.

Aiii

So not worth it
Whatever you think of his ability, he really has had shit luck, and the points score deficit is particularly unrepresentative of his performance.

He spends most races in the bottom ranks. Generally just above the Sauber’s. It is not like he is retiring out of point scoring positions to be honest.

I mean, he has had bad luck, but I doubt he would have scored points in any races other than maybe Spa.

BigAl1992

Like I said earlier, he has had bad luck this season, that's someone everyone can agree on. But after you take away the races he's been unlucky at, I haven't seen the tangible improvement in performance that justifies him been retained by Renault for next season. This is not his rookie year like last year, where the team themselves said that it was a transitional year and that the car was going to be down the lower end of the grid. Why is Hulkenberg scoring points for Renault and not Palmer? Why is his teammate consistently outpacing him in Qualifying throughout the entire season, barring the odd race? Why is he not improving in a team that he's been with for a year and a half now and has left people sceptical about his skills? That's what any team's management will be looking at, and unless there's a very good reason as to explain all that away, it's why a lot of people including myself are left to speculate that he'll end up being replaced next year. That's where we're at with Palmer.

xrnzaaas

That karma response coming from Alonso was the funniest thing during the whole weekend. He's more than used to it himself.

But yeah, doesn't change the fact that the sooner Palmer leaves the better. ;)

That driver would have done a shitload better had they just let off the brakes and let the car lose a bit of speed through the turn.

Braking and turning doesn't work so well.

Can someone explain to me what the fan sees in that two seated F1 experience car that they have at races lately? It looks like there is zero front vision because of the divider between the driver and the passenger. Seems like a weird setup of you can't even see the apex coming up.

Lima

Can someone explain to me what the fan sees in that two seated F1 experience car that they have at races lately? It looks like there is zero front vision because of the divider between the driver and the passenger. Seems like a weird setup of you can't even see the apex coming up.

I mean that's probably the only chance for most people to ever get a sense of what it feels like to be in a F1 car.
I would love to do it. Though I did a lap as a co-driver on the Nordschleife with Sabine Schmitz in the Ringtaxi and oh my I almost shit my pants. That woman knows how to drive.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

I heard you can see enough out of the sides, but what you can see is of little concern when the G-forces are sensorily (is that a word?) overwhelming.

Double MGU K shaft failure for Vandoorne, both times failed at turn 5, so basically Vandoorne's fault. MGU K undamaged.

3.7 spec a good step, with the new software mapping an extra 25bhp was usable in race.

Low speed torque improvement, equivalent to one mini

Harvesting energy currently weakest part of PU, working with Honda Jet division to improve hybrid element and combustion.

Gearbox trouble for Alonso, retired to recieve fresh gearbox penalty free

Hasegawa and Yamamoto met with Renault and the FIA over the weekend.

Top Honda bosses in Japan meeting this week to decide whether to green light a switch to the Red Bull scum or remain with McLaren.

R.I.P McLaren

Dilly

Banned
Double MGU K shaft failure for Vandoorne, both times failed at turn 5, so basically Vandoorne's fault. MGU K undamaged.

3.7 spec a good step, with the new software mapping an extra 25bhp was usable in race.

Low speed torque improvement, equivalent to one mini

Harvesting energy currently weakest part of PU, working with Honda Jet division to improve hybrid element and combustion.

Gearbox trouble for Alonso, retired to recieve fresh gearbox penalty free

Hasegawa and Yamamoto met with Renault and the FIA over the weekend.

Top Honda bosses in Japan meeting this week to decide whether to green light a switch to the Red Bull scum or remain with McLaren.

R.I.P McLaren

I really just want to slap you.

Fox Mulder

It would be funny if all the shame Honda feels from McLaren leads to a beast engine. They'll only be in F1 because Redbull agreed to sacrifice STR so Mclaren could get a Renault.

Kvyat 2018 champion.

Zaru

Wax is still holding out for that SUPERIOR JAPANESE ENGINE FOLDER OVER A THOUSAND TIMES

Inb4 they finally get it right near the end of the 2020 season, right before the new engine regs kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom