• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

Wasn't there news this week that Alonso is starting a fashion brand

He's got his second career path all figured out.

mclem

Wasn't there news this week that Alonso is starting a fashion brand

Not sure that's a good idea. He'll have difficulty staging a fashion show for his line of products

when the models continually fail to make it to the end of the catwalk and back again

DD

Not sure that's a good idea. He'll have difficulty staging a fashion show for his line of products

when the models continually fail to make it to the end of the catwalk and back again

But whey they do, they make fart sounds.

ebb2b450aa138d93e167309d170fe16f.gif

xrnzaaas

Not sure if this was posted yet...

Fernando Alonso says the "record" levels of fuel-saving the McLaren Formula 1 drivers did in Australia shows a lack of power is not the new Honda engine's sole weakness.

Autosport understands the relative fuel-efficiency of the Honda package is worse than last season compared to rivals, and that Alonso was having to lift off throttle well in advance of the braking zones to save fuel in Melbourne.

Honda is working on upgrades to its combustion engine that it hopes will be implemented by May's Spanish GP.

If the Japanese manufacturer can stabilise its new combustion process and extract more power, this should help improve efficiency by requiring the engine to burn less fuel.

Alonso's team-mate Stoffel Vandoorne also had to save fuel in Australia despite ending up two laps behind winner Sebastian Vettel at the flag - and in a race already shortened due to an extra formation lap, which gave all drivers a small fuel bonus.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128815/alonso-power-not-honda-only-problem

Zaru

Who's gonna win the F1 poster championship? Renault seemingly poached the Manor guy, now Ferrari is upping the competition.

Ouch.

I'm a McLaren fan, but I'm not a deluded fool. Wax what the hell. Just take the L and stop defending the idiots at Honda.

I'm not deluded either. Honda have done a fine job, in just 6 short months our lord and saviour Hasegawa's brand new immature concept has surpassed the Arai dud that was cooking for 3 years, and all the other PUs of 2016. Now with a much higher development ceiling of this new concept, the power and efficiency that will be added over the coming months will awaken The Beast!

Good times are coming.

I think I may even shed a tear when I see Hasegawa on the podium receiving the winning constructors trophy. It's going to be a beautiful sight.

Autohebdo reports that Mario Illien is working with Honda, this is why Simon was no longer required.

BigAl1992

I'm not deluded either. Honda have done a fine job, in just 6 short months our lord and saviour Hasegawa's brand new immature concept has surpassed the Arai dud that was cooking for 3 years, and all the other PUs of 2016. Now with a much higher development ceiling of this new concept, the power and efficiency that will be added over the coming months will awaken The Beast!

Good times are coming.

I think I may even shed a tear when I see Hasegawa on the podium receiving the winning constructors trophy. It's going to be a beautiful sight.

Autohebdo reports that Mario Illien is working with Honda, this is why Simon was no longer required.

giphy.gif

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yagami_Sama

McLaren situation is pretty bad.

And taking Vandoorne performance on the last race, when I see news like the one posted here, that Honda has more problems than they had last year, is hard to not believe.

I hope that they manage to improve this season, but it is getting hard to believe that they will.

Aiii

So not worth it

I too will be happy when Honda Ilmor gets its constructors trophy for fixing whatever shit they produced over in Japan.

McLaren situation is pretty bad.

And taking Vandoorne performance on the last race

Vandoorne's race performance was boned by his engineer, he gave him the wrong reset order for his steering wheel issues causing a control system failure, which resulted in an automatic shutdown of the MGH.

When I see news like the one posted here, that Honda has more problems than they had last year, is hard to not believe.

I hope that they manage to improve this season, but it is getting hard to believe that they will.

Don't believe the lies.

This year's PU is better than last year's, this is all in the Hasegawa's Melbourne Japanese press interviews that these websites google translate and put their spin on for hits. This beautiful creation has no fundamental issues, it has better power, efficiency, and packaging than '16, though with the extra drag created by the rule change this may seem like it's lacking in comparison (from a drivers perspective), but the numbers don't lie. It's better in every way (reliability TBC)

Minor vibrations due to the gearbox on the up shifts, not a big issue.

New combustion chamber (different shape), valves and pistons being worked on for new spec PU.

Yagami_Sama

Vandoorne's race performance was boned by his engineer, he gave him the wrong reset order for his steering wheel issues causing a control system failure, which resulted in an automatic shutdown of the MGH.

Don't believe the lies.

This year's PU is better than last year's, this is all in the Hasegawa's Melbourne Japanese press interviews that these websites google translate and put their spin on for hits. This beautiful creation has no fundamental issues, it has better power, efficiency, and packaging than '16, though with the extra drag created by the rule change this may seem like it's lacking in comparison (from a drivers perspective), but the numbers don't lie. It's better in every way (reliability TBC)

Minor vibrations due to the gearbox on the up shifts, not a big issue.

New combustion chamber (different shape), valves and pistons being worked on for new spec PU.

I thought that Vanrdoorne performance was because his car was using the same "configuration" of the pre season.

And, it is not a matter of believe lies or something, it is just that a matter of how they are performing. I wish I could be that positive.

McLaren is the only team I care, but nowadays, it is hard to expect anything.

Mastah

"Wet conditions are awesome" - yeah, especially when there's red flag, because medical helicopter can't operate, yay.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
German GP is back for 2018, probably on castrated Hockenheim

Malaysia will stay on MotoGP calendar though.

Juicy Bob

Oh man, I feel so nice and rested after deciding not to get up for Free Practice this morning!

I wonder what's been going on over in Shanghai... oh.

Zeknurn

Why do I have a feeling that the lack of running is going to hurt Ferrari the most.

All in all a good day for McLaren, not a single power unit failure. Honda has delivered the goods and they will go on to win on Sunday. //Wax

edit: Brundle just said that they're considering doing qualifying and racing tomorrow. But he thinks it won't happen because tv schedules etc.

Spades

"Porsche Supercup cars took to the Shanghai track immediately after the super safe F1 cars weren't allowed to run"

Wow.

Why do I have a feeling that the lack of running is going to hurt Ferrari the most.

All in all a good day for McLaren, not a single power unit failure. Honda has delivered the goods and they will go on to win on Sunday. //Wax

edit: Brundle just said that they're considering doing qualifying and racing tomorrow. But he thinks it won't happen because tv schedules etc.

I'll be so kind and let you pick the avatar.

xrnzaaas

Was the race ever moved back from Sunday to Saturday in the past? Yeah I don't see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom