• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

It might be Easter but there's no chance German Jesus will be able to mitigate the qualifying mode of the Mercedes power unit.

Wow, Bottas P1! I thought for sure Hamilton would overtake him at the end like the last two quali's.

Ferrari is a bit further behind Mercedes than I would like them to be...

Last min of Q3

https://streamable.com/nc5bx

cMfOunr.gif

spuckthew

Bottas's did a great lap. Hamilton's first lap was a lot quicker than his second - seems like he fluffed it up somewhere in the second sector. Ferrari further back than previous events.

Hopefully a good race tomorrow.

Jibbed

Wow, Bottas P1! I thought for sure Hamilton would overtake him at the end like the last two quali's.

Ferrari is a bit further behind Mercedes than I would like them to be...

It's hotter than they'd like, and Merc has a crazy quali-only engine mode.

The race will be much more interesting, especially if Vettel gets a good start.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is losing a lot of time in S1 and it will be quite hard to get past Mercedes cars on the start, because they had two good starts so far

Bottas is legit, but he's permanent #2 Driver™ mode for a long while yet. Should be a fun race at the front if we can see those two actually go at it. Overtaking has been doable the past few years (in the non-DRS areas, naturally), so we'll see if the new cars ruin it. I really like this track, and it's a good benchmark circuit because of its wide variety of elements. Unfortunately it's impossible to figure out what we should take a benchmark of since we do day and night.

The Ferrari does better on a warmer track, maybe? Also, Kimi, retire plz.
Ferrari is losing a lot of time in S1
Yeah, that's the "grip" sector... would hint at a tyre temp thing. That or down on power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom