• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Full quali results? Stuck at work ��

C9d1mi_XkAAT7wh.jpg

Theorry

Ferrari really needs to be looking to replace Kimi. I mean i like the guy. But dont have the feeling he really wants it anymore. Better bring in someone hungry.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That Mercedes time gain from Q2 to Q3 is just insane. Both Ferraris only improved by .3 tenths, which is eerie similar to last year....

Botty boy does it!
I fear for Ferrari to start slipping on their car development, or as people have pointed out cooler weather is an advantage for Aldo C's rocketship

Third race in Mercedes for Bottas and already on pole. Hoping for win tomorrow. Even as a Kimi fan though. Losing few tenths to your teammate even in Bahrain that in past has been great track for him... Well hopefully he will have some nice races this year if ferrari replaces him next season.

illamap

Kimi not having front end just the way he wants it and having understeer definently hurts his driving. Top tier should adjust to car but what you gonna do. But i don't think "not hungry enough" accusations are warranted.

Zaru

Red Bull making huge quali jumps between races so far, but I didn't expect Renault to breathe down their neck.

Nicely done by BOT, congrats!

Could be a tasty opening couple of laps!

Last year was certainly spicy between HAM and BOT. I'm tempted to want a repeat but I'd also like BOT to grab his first win.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Watching Bottas pole lap on Youtube and he receives red warnings before entering two corners after changing some settings on left setting wheel - Entry 7 and Entry 6. Are those some specific corner settings or what?

Aiii

So not worth it
If you're quibbling semantics as a hill to die on then I'm really disappointed in you.

Correctly labeling racism is important, it is not "semantics"

Also important is context.

For instance, "He is Brazilian and therefor very passionate, discussing with him only ends in a shouting match and nothing gets resolved" is very different than "He is Brazillian and all Brazillians are assholes, so fuck him"

For instance, "He is Brazilian and therefor very passionate, discussing with him only ends in a shouting match and nothing gets resolved" is very different than "He is Brazillian and all Brazillians are assholes, so fuck him"

I'm not seeing the difference here...

tomtom94

Even if Massa (user) is overreacting, making a reference to his nationality was stupid and it's not surprising it might be interpreted in a negative light.

"Brazil is not a race" isn't a response, it's a deflection.

Rolfgang

I'm also curious when Max said that. As others have commented on the article, in none of the interviews he did say that line. The rest he did say, but not the Brazilian bit.

kharma45

Exactly. If I called all Americans fat it's hardly racist. It's a fucking nationality.

Business

That's an incredibly stupid stereotype.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even if Massa (user) is overreacting, making a reference to his nationality was stupid and it's not surprising it might be interpreted in a negative light.

"Brazil is not a race" isn't a response, it's a deflection.

I am in not here to defend Max. I simply called out the falsehood of calling it racism. Call Max an asshole or a cunt if you feel that way.

That's an incredibly stupid stereotype.
It is. But still context matters.

Business

I am in not here to defend Max. I simply called out the falsehood of calling it racism. Call Max an asshole or a cunt if you feel that way.

It is. But still context matters.

Which context? You came up with this stereotype to justify what Max supposedly said.

Aiii

So not worth it
I made up two examples of different shades of grey that could have been intended, but which are lacking from the news article. One I would say is bad stereotyping, the other is blanket discrimination. I posted these examples to illustrate that context matters, so that context.

There was no justification intended

DD

So basically you're saying that Latin people are unreasonable? As (just like Felipe) a Brazilian with an Italian surname, I know how much we suck, but come on, man, this hurts... :')

Aiii

So not worth it
So basically you're saying that Latin people are unreasonable? As (just like Felipe) a Brazilian with an Italian surname, I know how much we suck, but come on, man, this hurts... :')

I just used a dumb stereotype as an example to illustrate that without context his comment can range from being a dumbass to being a fucking cunt.

I do not personally believe you are a stereotype.

I hope you do not believe you suck, because why? Brazil is amazing.

John_B

Was the article updated or did DD change the quote?

When asked if he would discuss the matter with the Williams driver, Verstappen said jokingly amid much laughter: “Well he’s a Brazilian – so there’s not much to discuss."

DD

Was the article updated or did DD change the quote?

To be honest, I saw it first on a Brazilian website without the "jokingly amid much laughter" part, then I went to Motorsport.com to find the same report in English and went straight to that part without reading the whole article, and shared it here. I don't know if they added that part latter or if I effed up. If that's the case, the joke's on me. Time to get rid of that Brazilian website from my Facebook timeline for using such a shitty artifice. :p

I just used a dumb stereotype as an example to illustrate that without context his comment can range from being a dumbass to being a fucking cunt.

I do not personally believe you are a stereotype.

I hope you do not believe you suck, because why? Brazil is amazing.
I just used your post to make a joke. My father's family is Italian, and some of them (including himself) are a bunch of divas, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom