• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Well shit.

According to the tracking number, I probably won't be getting my copy until the 25th.

It's all the same really, I won't have much time to play it on Tuesday and Wednesday anyway.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I took some photos.

photo17hgkce.jpg

photo22xxk4h.jpg

photo21m0j09.jpg

photo20cpkjw.jpg

photo19j2kc6.jpg

This one reminds me of a classic NFS shot.

photo188gjpx.jpg

mikel

Neo Member
I never thought I'd agree with such a statement after preferring 60fps for years, but FH has nailed the rock steady 30fps and as previously mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd take day/night cycles, weather, image quality etc for Forza 5 at a rock steady 30fps over none of that at 60fps. That's something that I thought I'd never say but FH has made me confident in 30fps.

Same here. I was always a bit spoiled when it somes to racing games, usually played them on PC with >30fps. Also loved the Forza franchise. But I can't believe how smooth the game is, even in 30fps. Also, I'm amazed by the AA quality. Really great work, Playground guys :)

wth... I bet you could spare some cars you don't want eh :D

I really wanted them all ;) The only one that I'm not into very much is Golf R, but the rest stays with me :D You can always preorder in Poland - the limited edition is only in english, no polish version and as I've checked it also features all 5 cars. I suspect that the standard version works pretty much like FM4, where you can switch between polish and english version depending on your console's locale settings.

I really wanted them all ;) The only one that I'm not into very much is Golf R, but the rest stays with me :D You can always preorder in Poland - the limited edition is only in english, no polish version and as I've checked it also features all 5 cars. I suspect that the standard version works pretty much like FM4, where you can switch between polish and english version depending on your console's locale settings.

Well, I guess shipping from Poland to Holland is too expensive, so just gonna buy is overhere :) If you really wanna 'get rid of the Golf' ( I drive one in real life ) you know where to find me :D

Ty4on

Wow suddenly I felt like back in the days, playing the "Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed". One of my favourite NFS game.

Awesome game, but the physics kinda didn't make sense. If you released the throttle in a corner the back end would slide, realistic if it hadn't been for the fact that accelerating would get you out of the slide... All the useless features did however make up for that. Overtaking using the indicators just feels better :p

Shaneus

I've never hated a stable 30fps, and FH definitely shows it can work for a racing game.

You certainly get a lot of added enhancements with it.
PROJECT FUCKING GOTHAM RACING FOUR.

Ugh. FH isn't the first game to make it work well. I'd still even say that PGR4 looks better than the FH demo, but I don't know how much of that is due to the piss filter. But then, PGR4 has full weather :)

Sysgen

When i was playing on that track i thought i was playing PGR4, i think a track looks very similar to that one.
There is a lot of PGR in the roots of this game.

This probably started out as PGR but they slapped the forza name on it.

Due to how long ago the last PGR was published I would be more likely to buy day one if it had some inkling pf PGR in the title despite the bullshit amount of dlc.

Forza Gotham Racing :) Forza Horizons means squat to me.

derFeef

Ugh. FH isn't the first game to make it work well. I'd still even say that PGR4 looks better than the FH demo, but I don't know how much of that is due to the piss filter. But then, PGR4 has full weather :)

PGR4 would look better for sure, but that aliasing, man,... such a bummer.

Shaneus

PGR4 would look better for sure, but that aliasing, man,... such a bummer.
I actually don't remember seeing much aliasing in it at all, which is odd.

Due to how long ago the last PGR was published I would be more likely to buy day one if it had some inkling pf PGR in the title despite the bullshit amount of dlc.

Forza Gotham Racing :) Forza Horizons means squat to me.
Given it's obvious links (style-wise) to it and the number of staff who actually worked at Bizarre, I'm surprised MS haven't tried to get more of a link happening with it. Can you imagine the value they'd have added to the PGR brand if they'd more closely associated this game with it? Would've almost guaranteed a true PGR5.

Hell. Even PGR: Horizon (or PGR5: Horizon) has a fucking amazing ring to it.

There'd better be a damn callback to it in there somewhere.

eso76

I think PGR4 car models were less detailed, but other than that, i think it's still one of the best looking games this gen.

Yeah, it only used 2xAA iirc, and some would argue it's not open world, but there was a game mode where you could free roam the cities at least.

And again, a Forza thread turns into a PGR4 one :)

Xun

Oh I know it's not the first, I was simply just adding Forza Horizon to the list.

Anything by Bizarre was solid in my eyes.

zorbsie

I've put loads of hours into this over the last 2 days, but I still haven't received my loyalty cars. Not sure what I have to do to get them. Going to try loading up Forza 3/4 and then heading into Horizon to see if anything loads then.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I've put loads of hours into this over the last 2 days, but I still haven't received my loyalty cars. Not sure what I have to do to get them. Going to try loading up Forza 3/4 and then heading into Horizon to see if anything loads then.

Mine popped up about the sixth time I went in to the Autoshow IIRC.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Street races are fucking awesome. I love how they put you in a chaotic sort of route. It's very thrilling.

Speaking of PGR...

is there rain in this? Dirt and PGR's weather is what made me switch to cockpit

No rain afaik. I played for 6-7 hours. Cockpit view is the best either way.

:( Why does Forza still lack stuff like this?
The was rain in TDU2, and I never liked it there. Just made me want to fly to the other island for better weather conditions. Its great when you *want* it, but can be annoying otherwise.

I'd love to drive through snow though.

save it for Forza Horizon 2 next gen.

baby it'll blow your socks off
Speaking of which I would hope they could make it easy to add more land mass (and driving conditions) via DLC and expansions. Think Burnout Paradise and Borderlands. Hell, take a cue from TDU and include all of Colorado with Horizon 2.

It can't be "all about the cars". Cars and the conditions and roads/tracks to drive them on are equally important. I'd like to see future Forza games take that to heart.

DD

H3rtz, my body is yours. Do whatever you want with it! But please, tell that you sell these liveries and how I can find em'. *¬*

Shaneus

eh Blood Stone was middling
The driving sections were like PGR3 and the 3PS sections weren't horrible. But you could tell where they had to cut parts out because a 20s cutscene that started with Bond getting into his car and ended with him getting out of it... you could tell that was meant to be a driving area that couldn't be developed :(

PS. Who wants to do a PGR4/Bizarre skin? If no-one, I think I'm going to work on my first proper, decent, not-shit livery for Horizon.

:( Why does Forza still lack stuff like this?

Lack of rain/snow/bad weather in general?

Convertibles. And probably that the game is pushing the 360 very close to the potential processing limit. There's only so much you can do with late 2005 hardware and a dual-layer DVD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lack of rain/snow/bad weather in general?

Convertibles. And probably that the game is pushing the 360 very close to the potential processing limit. There's only so much you can do with late 2005 hardware and a dual-layer DVD.

in game rolling up the top

TJP

FH isn't the first game to make it work well. I'd still even say that PGR4 looks better than the FH demo, but I don't know how much of that is due to the piss filter. But then, PGR4 has full weather :)
I disagree. FH looks better and with very little aliasing but I'd expect that to given PGR 4 released in 2007. Blur provides a hint of what PGR 5 could have been graphically (NOT gameplay).

Sadly we can only dream what might have occured if MS had bought Bizarre Creations instead of Lackofvision.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I disagree. FH looks better and with very little aliasing but I'd expect that to given PGR 4 released in 2007. Blur provides a hint of what PGR 5 could have been graphically (NOT gameplay).

Sadly we can only dream what might have occured if MS had bought Bizarre Creations instead of Lackofvision.

Kinect games, prolly

Horizon looks better than PGR4, lighting is better and Horizon is an open road game with day/night cycle.

EDIT: F**ng mobile...

Top Bottom