• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Would love a golf r code if anyone has one. Was my car of choice in Forza 4 :). I have loyalty cars up to level 40 if anyone is chasing one of them for trade or whatever.

watership

This practice of not including a paper manual is horrible and should be abolished.

Ehh. Good software doesn't need a manual. I love extras with my games, but give me a burlap map or spell book or halo diary, or don't give me anything. Having a book explaining how to use the controller when its right in the options menu, or just have a bunch of warnings? I don't need anything.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
quick first photo

8117740829_cd772304cc_c.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I've only played the first two showcase events and they all feel like glorified time trials to me. They're nice diversions, though.

Oh yeah obviously it's only time trials but at least against the mustang you can kinda see how far or close from the plane you are. The hot air balloon just doesn't make sense lol. I didn't even see the ballon through out the race.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I've only played the first two showcase events and they all feel like glorified time trials to me. They're nice diversions, though.

Unless you crash at the line, I'm not sure you can even lose them. Seems to be a bit of rubber banding in them. I did one of them and narrowly beat the plane (as always), decided to beat my rival and improved my time by over 3 seconds and still only narrowly beat the plane.

I plan on staying up all night until the UPS guy gets here tomorrow. Need some good driving movies to watch to get me psyched for this game. Any suggestions? Even something with a good car chase will do. I've already watched the car chases in Bourne, Ronin, and the Transporter movies. Watching Drive first, which of the F&F movies is considered the best if any? Thanks again! So hyped!

Damn UPS, they rescheduled my Amazon release day delivery to WEDNESDAY with no explanation whatsoever. DAMNIT!

This has happened enough times I am ready just to cancel all my pre-orders and start buying from an actual store from now on. At least then I wouldn't be at the mercy of UPS.

:(

Orca

I plan on staying up all night until the UPS guy gets here tomorrow. Need some good driving movies to watch to get me psyched for this game. Any suggestions? Even something with a good car chase will do. I've already watched the car chases in Bourne, Ronin, and the Transporter movies. Watching Drive first, which of the F&F movies is considered the best if any? Thanks again! So hyped!

You didn't list Bullitt, which saddens me greatly.

Edit - first pic

Mustang at night

sneaky77

had a lot of fun playing with the wheel, the early race in dirt was awesome with the rumbling.

How do you search by gamertag to download vinyls?

Cannonball Run
Gumball Rally
Original Gone in 60 Seconds
Le Mans
Grand Prix
From Dust to Glory
Senna
Any Best Motoring
Any Hot Version
Initial D
Wangan Midnight
Bullitt
Death Race 2000
Transporter 1-3
All Fast and Furious
Speed Tribe
Truth in 24
The Italian Job (original)

That's all I got for now.

sCHOCOLATE

Cannonball Run
Gumball Rally
Original Gone in 60 Seconds
Le Mans
Grand Prix
From Dust to Glory
Senna
Any Best Motoring
Any Hot Version
Initial D
Wangan Midnight
Bullitt
Death Race 2000
Transporter 1-3
All Fast and Furious
Speed Tribe
Truth in 24
The Italian Job (original)

That's all I got for now.

Death Proof
Vanishing Point(the original movie)
Redline(Japanese animated movie)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The best
MV5BMTA3MzA0NjAxMjNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDYzOTcyMzE@._V1._SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Jac_Solar

Why was this delayed in Europe? It came out several days ago in the US, but it's not coming out until the 25/10 here (Which is tomorrow.). Europe and US usually gets all titles simultaneously, especially US/European titles. What's up with that?

Megasoum

Banned
Why was this delayed in Europe? It came out several days ago in the US, but it's not coming out until the 25/10 here (Which is tomorrow.). Europe and US usually gets all titles simultaneously, especially US/European titles. What's up with that?

The game came out today in America. The vast majority of games come out on tuesday in america and friday in europe. Nothing special here.

legbone

two lane blacktop

I was going to mention Drive, but I see you already have great taste. Out of the FF series. I liked the first one a lot and the last one wasn't so bad.

george_us

2 things:

1) I'm horrible at this game

2) The same feeling I get from playing this game is the same one I get from playing SSX3

Looks like a new GOTY contender may have arrived.

Shaneus

Yup but only next year. For now it's Win 8 exclusive... You know...like Halo with Vista (cause that worked well lol).
Well, I have a (somewhat) crappy Brazos tablet so I could always just install Win8 on that. It's not my phone, but I'm sure it'll suffice.

frogg609

I was curious what people are using for the Fanatec GT2 setups in this. Here's mine:

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS
Steering Inside Deadzone: 0%
Steering Outside Deadzone: 100%
Throttle Inside Deadzone: 5%
Throttle Outside Deadzone: 95%
Brake Inside Deadzone: 10%
Brake Outside Deadzone: 100%
Clutch Inside Deadzone: 10%
Clutch Outside Deadzone: 80%
Handbrake Inside Deadzone: 10%
Handbrake Outside Deadzone: 100%
Vibration: 100%
Force Feedback: 100%

Sensitivity (SEn):
Force feedback strength (FF):
Vibration strength (Sho):
Drift mode (dri):
Off
ABS:
Linearity (Lin):
Deadzone (dEA):
Spring (SPr):
Damper (dPr):

That's what I used in Forza 4 and worked great. However, in Horizon my car will just randomly spin out for no reason, even at 50 mph. Not sure what to change, any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'm covered. Glad someone mentioned Redline, I saw that a few months back, one of the most stylish anime I have ever seen. And to think it was 100% animated. No CG at all. Enjoy the game everyone!

Hawk269

This game is extremly impressive. Because of the time of day changes, it is hard to appreciate all the graphics unless you play it at different times of day/night. I was in the hills not far from the dam and just sat on the road to see the time of day change, it was so impressive to see all the changes in the shadowing, the lighting on the textures etc.

Playground games needs to team up with Turn 10 full time to bring us the ultimate Forza 5 game on the next gen system. Let Playground work on all the dirt tracks, make snow tracks etc. while T10 focus would be on the circuit tracks/real world tracks etc.

Seriously, this game has impressed me and I have been a converted PC Elitists with a high end PC Gaming Rig. I just can imagine a Horizon 2 on next gen at true 1080p and 60fps! Please make it so MS!

RS4-

I think I have to track down a copy of Forza 3. I don't remember if I have my liveries imported into F4 (which I don't have on hand at the moment or if it was even possible), because I really want to fix the one I made and pop it into Horizon.

Hellix

Quote to get 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia code. Gamestop e-mailed me it for some reason. I didn't even pre-order it (no 360).

Top Bottom