• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

BADNED

Don't we get a Rockstar themed gift car already? Or it's a different one?
Is different. The one you got was a Dodge Challenger.

Thanks for the link BADNED I tried but since I'm not in the US will have to wait to see if I get the code, nothing so far but I'll wait a bit more. ;)

When do they send you the code?
It can take a while until the code arrives. A few days or even a week or two is possible. Be patient.

8121452680_bdc45c8043_c.jpg

If Dan ever decides to not put my ZR1 in a Forza game, I will cry manly tears.

Positive vibes permeate this thread.
Was there this much excitement and praise when FM4 came out?

I actually miss FM4, but i'm having a ball with Horizon, I have no time for anything else at the moment..

Yeah, my regret is pre-order Need For Speed and having to divided the time between the two. I almost late to work today just so I can do one more lap to beat Rival time.

Driving in this game with wheel is pure bliss. I love it! They really need to add option to allow higher engine sound, I usually shift base on the sound of engine and it's hard to do when some car engine is so low.

Shaneus

Hey guys, is it worth getting the Limited Edition?
If it's not much more than the regular one... yes. In my case, it was only $5 more and nowhere near the RRP of either. But don't buy it with the hope of actually getting anything decent as far as physical things go... you literally don't get anything.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Can't find this last speed zone. If I can't even find a speed zone, Imagine how well I'll do with discount signs..

Grassy

Well I was going to post this last night but I fell asleep playing this game. Not because I was bored with it, but because I played it so long and couldn't take myself away from it. So I'm doing a pretty big u-turn(hehe..) on this game after playing the demo left me pretty underwhelmed. In fact right from the announcement of this game I was never hyped for it and wasn't even interested in buying it until this week when I started seeing GAF opinions on it, despite being a huge Forza fan.

Everything in this game just seems to fit really well, I thought the whole festival setting would be a turn-off but it's not that in-your-face and dudebro'ish. Even the dance music station is tolerable for me because there are some great songs on there, and the graphics are simply some of the best I've seen on a console, no shit. I think when it comes down to it, the game is just damn fun.

So yeah I'm loving this game so far, can't believe I wasn't going to buy it really....oh and photomode is awesome as usual. Only taken a few so far but I'm sure there will be plenty more to come, is someone going to create a Photomode thread or are we just going to post pics here?

Here's my first few anyway

169xfs.png

3kuz9s.png

Oh and nice to be a member of another GAF Forza club, anyways back to it.

The_Monk

Oh man, just one more day. It's really getting hard to wait. The reviews went very early then the photos start to show up, then it was tuesday and now I'm here on the final day before the release waiting for Friday.

It feels like I'm the last person getting it, Lol.

Oh man, just one more day. It's really getting hard to wait. The reviews went very early then the photos start to show up, then it was tuesday and now I'm here on the final day before the release waiting for Friday.

It feels like I'm the last person getting it, Lol.

I'll be receiving mine fopefuly on Monday, so you're not alone and not the last :)

sytadel

-The only cars that are any fun are the higher end ones, say about 500PI and up. FWD and lower powered cars, which I normally love, are completely dull here because of the physics engine. The faster ones are only fun when you can open them up, and sadly the map is only suited for this in a handful of places. Most of the map is full of mid-speed turns and "straights" full of kinks and crests.
-The map is pretty small overall and not very interesting. Seacrest County was far prettier and varied. The maps in TDU2 are far superior in both size and enjoyment because they're suited to cruising. Basing it on a real world location was a mistake, it's just dull.
-The driving onto the golf course looks to have been a one-off cos I haven't found any other off road venues of note.
-The single player mode seems pretty short. From what I can tell by the achievements there's six different levels/ranks, and after maybe 8hrs of on & off play today (a good chunk spent just hooning around) I'm about to hit the 4th one. The "style" ranking system (drifts, near misses, etc) is equally short, currently at 150/250 without trying to increase it. I've driven about 50% of the roads in the game, again without actively trying to hunt them down, and most of the ones left are tiny little ones in small maze-like sections where many of the short circuit courses are set up.
-The multiplayer has a freeroam lobby option, but there doesn't appear to be a way to set up a custom course using waypoints like you could in TDU2. Apparently there's also no traffic.

An average single player game and what looks to be a fairly average multiplayer. I have a feeling that Most Wanted is going to quickly boot this out of the disc tray next week given that multiplayer is one thing Criterion do extremely well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I hope there's gonna be another way to get VIP status. I loathe non-standard game cases.

Has VIP status ever really been worth it?

- Forza 3: Car pack. A crown next to your name. A custom-liveried car a week for a couple of months.
- Forza 4: Car pack. A crown next to your name. Literally nothing else.
- Horizon: Car pack. TBA

I was a VIP for Forza 3 and 4 and it never really felt worth it to me. I think they eventually sold VIP status for like 1200 MSP which is laughable, really.

-The only cars that are any fun are the higher end ones, say about 500PI and up. FWD and lower powered cars, which I normally love, are completely dull here because of the physics engine. The faster ones are only fun when you can open them up, and sadly the map is only suited for this in a handful of places. Most of the map is full of mid-speed turns and "straights" full of kinks and crests.
-The map is pretty small overall and not very interesting. Seacrest County was far prettier and varied. The maps in TDU2 are far superior in both size and enjoyment because they're suited to cruising. Basing it on a real world location was a mistake, it's just dull.
-The driving onto the golf course looks to have been a one-off cos I haven't found any other off road venues of note.
-The single player mode seems pretty short. From what I can tell by the achievements there's six different levels/ranks, and after maybe 8hrs of on & off play today (a good chunk spent just hooning around) I'm about to hit the 4th one. The "style" ranking system (drifts, near misses, etc) is equally short, currently at 150/250 without trying to increase it. I've driven about 50% of the roads in the game, again without actively trying to hunt them down, and most of the ones left are tiny little ones in small maze-like sections where many of the short circuit courses are set up.
-The multiplayer has a freeroam lobby option, but there doesn't appear to be a way to set up a custom course using waypoints like you could in TDU2. Apparently there's also no traffic.

An average single player game and what looks to be a fairly average multiplayer. I have a feeling that Most Wanted is going to quickly boot this out of the disc tray next week given that multiplayer is one thing Criterion do extremely well.

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

But I tend to disagree with most of what your saying. You say its dull because it's in a real world setting, in my opinion its the best part.

You also say the low powered FWD cars are not fun....you didn't enjoy the mini? Even the Carrado you start off with is fun to drive. Maybe your more into the arcade side of racing, but turning off all assist and just tooing around is great fun.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Woo! My copy just arrived in the post, now I just need to wait till I get home from work. Gotta love ShopTo :)

LE is finally here, at first I thought the postman had bought me the regular edition until I opened the package, it weighs so little that it honestly feels like an empty case, my LE has white chip specks all over the top and the forza logos on the tin are not as nice looking as the images show, in fact they are hardly bright or reflective at all.

Worst LE I have bought so far but at least the game is good, saying that even the disk looks like a stock one from the regular edition, why doesn't it look like an alloy or something?

£60 for this...

BADNED

Has VIP status ever really been worth it?

- Forza 3: Car pack. A crown next to your name. A custom-liveried car a week for a couple of months.
- Forza 4: Car pack. A crown next to your name. Literally nothing else.
- Horizon: Car pack. TBA

You are missing quite some stuff in your listing, especially FM4. Bonus Tokens, Gift cars, among them unicorns, online recognition in the storefront and auction house, more online space for designs and photos, VIP Events, Porsche Expansion discount.
Same counts for Horizon and there might be some more next year.

I got the two codes from Gamestop for the Ferrari and the VW, do I still need to buy the cars from the Showcase after entering the codes or should they appear in my Garage ?
The codes just unlock them in the dealership, you still have to buy them.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Badned, any idea when the 458 will be available for purchase? Since I got screwed over by the retailer and never got my pre-order bonus code.... I really want to drive that car!

BADNED

Hey Badned, any idea when the 458 will be available for purchase? Since I got screwed over by the retailer and never got my pre-order bonus code.... I really want to drive that car!
Nothing set in stone atm but if at all then the earliest would be 4-6 months after release.

Shaneus

I have one from PGR back in the day. Hard to believe this shot is 5 years old now.

0808e68d-d630-475c-851yakn.jpg
Bahahaha. That's amazing.

My first real photo (after the Lamborghini PR one) from Horizon:
photo6dqooj.jpg

I don't care how big it is, I think it looks awesome _b
I've saved that one and a slightly less contrasty one (bit more detail in the shadows) as bigshots if anyone is interested.

Also, just on VIP features, looks like there's one more thing that I don't think was in FM4: You can store more than one bigshot at a time! I waited until one downloaded before I tried another, but both are on there at the same time :) Still aged out after 24hrs, but >1 is awesome. Is there a limit, BADNED?

p3tran

Banned
This morning i learned that my pre-order of limited ed. wont be here 'till monday.
<<ooooh fuck me sideways!>> where the exact words that echoed on my head..

I started calling e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y and managed to find a guy in central warehouse who "thought" that had *JUST* received a carton box of vanilla horizons.

I held the phone with one hand, waiting for him to make sure that there are indeed horizon copies inside the box, while with the other hand I was closing down shop like a mad fool.

I raced to the other edge of Athens (<30mins. in peak traffic times), and I just returned home having scored most probably the very first copy of the game in Greece.

It sucks that my pre-order will be here after the weekend, but its good when things turn out like you want them to.

installing right now, feeding ms points for season pass, and ready to go!

BADNED

Also, just on VIP features, looks like there's one more thing that I don't think was in FM4: You can store more than one bigshot at a time! I waited until one downloaded before I tried another, but both are on there at the same time :) Still aged out after 24hrs, but >1 is awesome. Is there a limit, BADNED?
Either two or three, i'm not sure anymore, but I think it was two.

Hey guys, is it worth getting the Limited Edition?

Only if you want a pretty steelbook case and limited edition cars pack. Other than that it's pretty bare bone. I am sucker for steelbook and I have all Forza LE (except for the first one) so I went for it.

As much as people always hated on Gamestop, the one I visited never done me wrong. I got all the DLC codes and the game was in pristine condition. I got burn a few times order from Amazon and they ship the game in bubble envelope.

@hwalker84
Sometimes Amazon email the code few days after the game released. I guess to make sure you don't cancel the order or refuse the package but used the DLC code.

Single player, quite possibly.
Probably not the best multiplayer in a racer though.
Really? I think the multiplayer is a blast. The random credits/cars keeps me playing. I had to get off to study, but I kept telling myself, "Just one more race, maybe I'll get a huge prize." I lost last night because my garage and the club garage didn't have a R1 car. I had to choose the Ferrari from the rental garage and, well, it's too slow.

Dave_6

Anyone who preordered from Amazon get their preorder DLC?

Got the code for the Challenger the day I preordered it and finally got the code for the Aston this morning.

BTW my gamertag is DaveS78 if anyone see's me in the club. I think most of you guys broke all my current speed trap records within 30 mins of me joining the club last night lol.

G Rom

It was three Big Shots in FM4, they added that after a while.

You are missing quite some stuff in your listing, especially FM4. Bonus Tokens, Gift cars, among them unicorns, online recognition in the storefront and auction house, more online space for designs and photos, VIP Events, Porsche Expansion discount.
Same counts for Horizon and there might be some more next year.

Porsche Expansion Pack for Horizon confirmed ! ;)

Fox Mulder

Would everyone agree that this is probably the best racer this gen?

It's too early to judge really. The new smell is still strong. It's a great game though.

I wish it had the always on multiplayer like TDU did. Cruising around doing single player races, exploring, and racing online was seamless. This game tries to mimic it with the AI drivers flying around in packs, but it's not the same.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Really? I think the multiplayer is a blast. The random credits/cars keeps me playing. I had to get off to study, but I kept telling myself, "Just one more race, maybe I'll get a huge prize." I lost last night because my garage and the club garage didn't have a R1 car. I had to choose the Ferrari from the rental garage and, well, it's too slow.

I certainly wouldn't say it is bad, just not the best for me. Blur takes the title for best online racer for me.
Netcode has been pretty dodgy for me so far also.

Top Bottom