• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Dave_6

Thanks for the invite earlier (Legbone, Soundscream, others). I had no idea about the online co-op challenges but I got two of them done thanks to that lol. Me and Soundscream had a pretty epic crash with our Ferraris haha (I was in the white F40 that went flipping thru the air).

The_Monk

Thanks for the invite earlier (Legbone, Soundscream, others). I had no idea about the online co-op challenges but I got two of them done thanks to that lol. Me and Soundscream had a pretty epic crash with our Ferraris haha (I was in the white F40 that went flipping thru the air).

Yeah I missed that, but saw Legbone hugging a tree. :p

Coldsnap

fuck the stunt challenges in this game. So frustrating, second day trying this stupid one at the outpost.. which is my first one! They give me some squirly ass car and expect me to get 28,000! wtf i can only drift and shit, once i hit a car it instantly goes away. I don't know how this is possible. He mad

sneaky77

fuck the stunt challenges in this game. So frustrating, second day trying this stupid one at the outpost.. which is my first one! They give me some squirly ass car and expect me to get 28,000! wtf i can only drift and shit, once i hit a car it instantly goes away. I don't know how this is possible. He mad

yeah I gave up on those lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm in the club, my tag is Scrooge McDuck. :p I should have really mentioned that, my bad. lol

my wife was cracking up that the game was asking if i wanted to take on scrooge mcduck on such and such rivals event, lol

Duriii

So, did anybody found out what triggers those barn finds "challenges"? Had 6/9 since like day 2, and those radio announcers talks about anything but that...

Maybe it depends on the radio stations, that I listen to in freeroam mode? Usually I only drive to Pulse and Bass radio stations, maybe I should check that Rock station tomorrow, so it will somehow trigger those...

op_ivy

So, did anybody found out what triggers those barn finds "challenges"? Had 6/9 since like day 2, and those radio announcers talks about anything but that...

Maybe it depends on the radio stations, that I listen to in freeroam mode? Usually I only drive to Pulse and Bass radio stations, maybe I should check that Rock station tomorrow, so it will somehow trigger those...

i dont listen to the radio and the festival promoter chick will still chime in from time to time re' barn cars. i dont think its a radio thing, just keep progressing in the game by doing the challenges and they'll keep coming

op_ivy

LOL

Also, 99% of my Laps are 1 second behind yours. I tried but, I'm still a bad Forza driver since ever.

forza horizon just makes you feel like a scrub, doesnt it? every time i log on i see 400+ new messages about everyone from gaf that is faster then me.

forza horizon just makes you feel like a scrub, doesnt it? every time i log on i see 400+ new messages about everyone from gaf that is faster then me.

I want to disable speed trap messages, 99% of them are "someone beat your speed trap!" so I just delete them all.

The_Monk

I can't take them serious, they are so many! Everyone beats me but I love when I beat GAFfers for those milliseconds... Muahahaha.

op_ivy

I can't take them serious, they are so many! Everyone beats me but I love when I beat GAFfers for those milliseconds... Muahahaha.

i havent attempted any rivals or redos (and definitely not those lame speed cameras).. but i'll be coming for them... soon.

Forza GAF Club Announcement!

Hey guys, just to make sure the GAF Club has only GAF members please send me either xbox live message or private message here on the forums along with the Club Request, that way I know that person is from GAF for sure. Way too many random requests at the moment and I need to make sure that the GAF people get the spot.

You can o either xbox live message saying you from GAF (along with club request) or forum private message with your gamertag (along with the club request).

That way I know all and only GAF members are in the club.

Everyone that have the club request pending have to send me either one of those messages as well.

Thank you guys and have a great evening...

HD

Megasoum

Banned
Forza GAF Club Announcement!

Hey guys, just to make sure the GAF Club has only GAF members please send me either xbox live message or private message here on the forums along with the Club Request, that way I know that person is from GAF for sure. Way too many random requests at the moment and I need to make sure that the GAF people get the spot.

You can o either xbox live message saying you from GAF (along with club request) or forum private message with your gamertag (along with the club request).

That way I know all and only GAF members are in the club.

Thank you guys and have a great evening...

HD

Do I need to do that if I'm already in the club or it's just for new member requests?

Only if your request wasn't accepted yet. If you are member already you don't have to do that. That's why I had to kick so many people lately, just to make sure I have only GAffers there :)

Dudes. If I opt to ignore the multiplayer aspects for the most part, will the game still be engaging enough? After 100 hours of shooting things in their critical spots, I really wouldn't mind getting behind the virtual wheel.

Megasoum

Banned
Dudes. If I opt to ignore the multiplayer aspects for the most part, will the game still be engaging enough? After 100 hours of shooting things in their critical spots, I really wouldn't mind getting behind the virtual wheel.

Oh yeah, there's a ton of stuff to do offline. No worry there.

Gek54

Earlier I was complaining about insane being too hard in some races, turns out the Fanatec pedals were only registering maybe 70% throttle.

op_ivy

i havent even touched online. the game excells at having a pretty damn good driving model and a huge world to race in. its pretty fucking awesome that nearly all of the games huge amount of single player races (p2p, p2p street races, and circuits) are unique to that event.

i havent even touched online. the game excells at having a pretty damn good driving model and a huge world to race in. its pretty fucking awesome that nearly all of the games huge amount of single player races (p2p, p2p street races, and circuits) are unique to that event.

Awesome to hear. The photo thread has sold me, I think. Shit looks veeeeery nice.

meppi

Oh man. The comment section. smh. People really think that the praise and attention FH is getting is because of Microsoft money.

Heck even on GAF, Sonybots are calling Richard Leadbetter out as a Microsoft guy when things don't go their way in one of his articles.
Shows just how clueless they are when they say stuff like that....

At least we something like this would get them banned here:

Average_joe
2 hours ago
hey xfaggots! want some good graphics?! look at GRAN TURISMO 5

xbox just cant run decent graphics !!
SMH. :-/

Kikarian

Two photos of my Lambo. I really can't get over the scenery in this game (Pun intended)...

j72uneeRec9cC.jpg

iDYJfecfaQr2V.jpg

trinest

Man I love the matt paint.

As for senery. I'm over it. The whole game is that nasty dirty brown country side. Hardly any verity :(

Still love it tohugh :)

So what have you guys won from the slot machine online?

I've won 900,000 CR, a Ferrari 599XX, and a Ferrari 250 GTO.

At level 32 or 33 now, and the best things I've won are 500,000CR (something like that), and a car worth a million CR, which I promptly sold for 900,000CR.

Are super primo cars somewhat hard/time-consuming to obtain? I don't like it when racing games give you their best shit from the get-go.

Gravijah

If Horizon sells, this could become a Treyarch/IW-like situation with each studio alternately releasing a game. Two year development cycle, one game each year, shared assets - it's super-effective.

what i'm hoping is they'll be allowed to do Forza Horizon 2, but , you know... Forza Horizon 2. they should be given the freedom to do what they want to do.

op_ivy

Are super primo cars somewhat hard/time-consuming to obtain? I don't like it when racing games give you their best shit from the get-go.

a few hours and you'll win some good rides - the aventador, and have enough cash to buy whatever you want. its not a grind and they arent just given to you. its a good balance IMO.

Hi guys, quick question... Is the game region free?

I also wanted to know this (sorry if this has been answered already, a search of the thread didn't turn up anything). I got burned for the first time with my Japanese 360 when I bought the American version of Forza 4. Can I play the US version of Forza Horizon on my Japanese xbox?

game is fantastic, not having live i've been spending most of my time cruising on the '54 300SL love the sound of the inline-6 at around 4-5k rpm, the girl on the radio keeps telling me to go do showcase events BUT when you have that sunset+pink floyd+300 SL+ canyon cruising well it's just <3

Lima

Some great fun doing the free roam challenges guys!

Requested to join the club now

GT is Revolver Ned.

I also wanted to know this (sorry if this has been answered already, a search of the thread didn't turn up anything). I got burned for the first time with my Japanese 360 when I bought the American version of Forza 4. Can I play the US version of Forza Horizon on my Japanese xbox?

Yes the game is region free.

purg3

slept with Malkin
After putting in a bunch of time over the weekend, I'm pretty disappointed with the soundtrack. It's really my only complaint, but they really needed to add more tracks. Shit just repeats so much, I'm now at the point where I turn the radio off and now just play my own music. Hopefully for the next game they can put in some more variety/quantity. Other wise the game is fantastic.

Lima

I only have the music on when cruising. In the actual races I turn the radio off. The sound of the car is my music.

op_ivy

After putting in a bunch of time over the weekend, I'm pretty disappointed with the soundtrack. It's really my only complaint, but they really needed to add more tracks. Shit just repeats so much, I'm now at the point where I turn the radio off and now just play my own music. Hopefully for the next game they can put in some more variety/quantity. Other wise the game is fantastic.

custom soundtrack? would be awesome if the dj would interupt a custom soundtrack like the radio.... maybe forza horizon 2... in the alps

Top Bottom