• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

I only have the music on when crusing. In the actual races I turn the radio off. The sound of the car is my music.
I usually do the same. But then I did the 80's cars event and i needed some tunes so I loaded up my 80's station on Pandora Radio and jammed out the race to "Don't You (Forget About Me)' by Simple Minds while driving the 1987 Ferrari F40.

It was excellent.

Nav

Neo Member
Is anyone else having a tough time joining multiplayer games? It takes a real long time to find games and when it does it usually doesn't join.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Didn't realise you could set Speed Trap times in online free roam. This might come in handy, none of them pesky slow cars around, but also no rewind..

Kikarian

Is anyone else having a tough time joining multiplayer games? It takes a real long time to find games and when it does it usually doesn't join.
Ye, the servers aren't great. I was just in a game where the cars were flying due to lag.

Shaneus

Didn't realise you could set Speed Trap times in online free roam. This might come in handy, none of them pesky slow cars around, but also no rewind..
Pfft. Who uses rewind?

I assume the online free roam is only up to 8 players and isn't server-based?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Guys...I think im in love with this game.

this made every other racing game irrelevant. I'm not even kidding

oh and the fricken sound effects man!!....miles better than forza 4 exaggerated trash.

Hey Playground Games.

If you give gamers an open world with lots to do you have to got to stop harassing them. I know I can buy new cars at the Autoshow. I know there are a bunch of events I can do. But right now I'm exploring and don't want to be bothered every 3 minutes or whatever by that lady. Please give us an option that lets us, I don't know, turn off our in game cell phone or whatever so we don't have to hear it. Thanks.

PS I complain because I care

golem

Hey Playground Games.

If you give gamers an open world with lots to do you have to got to stop harassing them. I know I can buy new cars at the Autoshow. I know there are a bunch of events I can do. But right now I'm exploring and don't want to be bothered every 3 minutes or whatever by that lady. Please give us an option that lets us, I don't know, turn off our in game cell phone or whatever so we don't have to hear it. Thanks.

Haha true that lady wont get off my back!

So, we are all having a great time with the game and its very good but i have a question:

How good or bad do you guys it will sell? yesterday i checked the leaderboards and was little over 250k unique players.
Forza 4 at 3 millions now which about 2 millions less than Forza 3 but still a great number.

I expect something around 1 million (hopefully more) for Forza Horizon, number could be higher but i dont see MS marketing the game good enough and being released very close to Halo (which basically killed PGR4)

Haha true that lady wont get off my back!

And she is also extremelly needy and kind of stalkerish too.

Some random shots from today...

8133829751_ee175aac74_z.jpg

8133830123_5daa4122b4_z.jpg

8133857326_b34907dfb1_z.jpg

8133857234_a1e35c2326_z.jpg

8133857272_4db874d303_z.jpg

8133857114_5e9448b3bb_z.jpg

8133857156_7e407d0ff6_z.jpg

8133830171_a2cdee8326_z.jpg

8133829789_36bf2e4d45_z.jpg

8133829929_26a9584b53_z.jpg

Gek54

Hey Playground Games.

And the weak ass guilt trip she tries to play. Bububu You won a lot of prize money from me, please go buy something, like she is desperate for some kind of kickback.

Where is Wayne Brady when you need him?

Forza Horizon manages to surprise me at every turn.

The game never landed on my radar. I felt underwhelmed by its E3 showing and nothing shown since had impressed me. I never felt the same level of anticipation I did for Forza 4.

Then I played the demo. I thought the racing showed promise and while limited, enjoyed the exploration. The glowing reviews that soon followed were enough to push me over the edge.

And now, here I am. Letting Forza suck up my free time once again. I've played the game for several hours and still only driven roughly 75 of the 200+ roads. I keep getting distracted by the photo mode and the unbelievable vistas.

The Gauntlet (green wristband) and fully understood how amazing this game could be. Then, I found the tree tunnel and saw my expectations not only met,, but exceeded.

I had no plans to buy FH a month ago. Now, I'm adding points for the Season Pass!

Kudos (!) to Playground Games, Turn 10 and Microsoft for this.

H3rTz, you glorious bastard. Those are some beautiful shots.

Edit: As an aside, someone who lives in my area owns a 250 GTO or a replica of some sort. It is undeniably gorgeous, even if it is a knock-off.

Gek54

Just checked out some #1 global times in rivals, looks like most of the top times rely on bouncing off walls to keep speed in corners, GT style.

That has really killed Rivals for me, i'll just stick to the GAF leaderboards for now on. Was something like wall bouncing really looked over in development?

I wouldnt mind if they had to wipe all the leader boards for them to patch that in.

Also, are they not going to have leaderboards on the website?

Megasoum

Banned
So Helios or Jube, do you guys know when the 458 will be available for purchase? Since I got screwed over by Future Shop, the retailer up here in Canada that sold me the game, I never got my pre-order code. I'd love to be able to buy the car.

Hey Playground Games.

+1 to this.

I'm free to roam the open road, but at the cost of perpetual nagging. Don't dare avoid a Showcase event - she'll be on your ass with the guilt trip until you do. Of course, even after you do those, shouldn't you be entering events to work your way up to Darius Flynt? And even if you keep pace with all the events, she'll bug you to spend all your money at the autoshow - even if you just bought a new ride just five seconds ago.

Seriously, let us be, or at least let her get the hint ;P

My wishlist right now:

* Some way to shut her up (except for barn finds, she can bug me about those).
* Re-mapping the radio stations to directions on the d-pad rather than the current sluggish setup of cycling through them with just left/right. That leaves a direction free to incorporate custom playlists as their own radio station.
* A persistent "North" on the minimap at least. Area / route names when you enter them, or else easier-to-read road signs. The game has great IQ, but at the cost of some blurriness, so a lot of the time you have to slow to a crawl right next to a sign to read it (at least thats how it is for me).
* Rivals leaderboards marked in the Forza style, so you see the level of assists and whether the run was "clean".
* More vibration. And of course the ability to set more audio preferences (tires, engine, cabin/radio, wind, etc).
* A way to filter out Speed Camera records being broken from Messages. The GAF club means hundreds of these messages daily. Still waiting for it to settle down ;P

And one random question: I added H3rtz and m0dus as "favorites" when I found them on the design marketplace, but I haven't found a way to use the "favorites". Its not a sort or a filter as far as I can tell. What am I missing? If H3rtz puts out a new livery what's the quickest way to find his storefront?

A random aside: I can't stop playing this game. So. Damn. Good.

panda21

this game is great, not sure why but some driving games hook me and others don't, and this is definitely one of the hookers.

only thing i'm not thrilled about is the environment, i was hoping for at least some variation or weather or something. the day night cycle is cool but they could of have taken it further.

seems like it won't take too long to complete, I already have an A class car and the blue wristband after only 2 hours or so.

s-bojan

Banned
Finished the game with around 75% percent in
9+
hours.
I wish it was a bit longer.

Am I the only person that got fed up with the world near the end?
It gets a bit monotonous as most of the open world games.

I really would not mind having some unique tracks like Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Infineon Raceway or Sebring International Raceway.
Even straight import from Forza 4 would be enough.

panda21

Am I the only person that got fed up with the world near the end?
It gets a bit monotonous as most of the open world games.

yeah totally. i guess the dessert environment was easier on the GFX or something. looking at the map, it seems like they made a fairly big area but put too few roads in it, so there isnt really that much to explore.

it sounds like dynamic weather was planned at some point unless that was all just fake news, hopefully they will release that as DLC or something. i wouldnt even be mad

golem

How long does it take for a bigshot to show up on the website? It finished uploading 5min ago and my gallery is still empty.

It's pretty fast but it wont show up in your gallery on your profile. Go to the menu and under your profile should appear a gallery link. Click that and look at the text on the right side

I was on the fence about whether to get this or NFS: Most Wanted. Made up my mind last night and ordered Horizon, as the demo was good and the player-feedback has been very positive. Can't wait to get to play this one now!

Good result, not surprised though. Dunno if it was the demo, word of mouth or the reviews but everyone I saw in the queue had a copy on launch day.

Despite what people have said I ain't seen a torn frame or frame drop in the meagre 4 hours I've put in, thought I saw some in the demo but it could have been the screen shake.

I'm not enjoying the races themselves as much as I expected, prefer circuits tbh but just cruising around and exploring is awesome, same shit I'd spend hours doing on GTA.

I've seen a lot of PGR comparisons, can someone get a little more in depth with those?

Controls? Challenge structure?

I'm still pretty torn between this and Most Wanted, but I did really love the demo and the Rally DLC has me really interested too...

Shaneus

Points allocation (drifting, overtakes etc.), presentation, handling (to a degree... probably closer to PGR3 than 4)... that sort of thing. Helps that a good percentage of Playground are ex-Bizarre.

The_Monk

Is anyone able to make a guide or give a couple of tips to get good photos regarding colors and contrast? H3rTz's photos always have that crispy solid colors, do you guys change them in the PC or use the settings in the Camera on Horizon?

Thanks in advance.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The last game I was hook on like this was PGR3. This is the ultimate Racing game to close the generation.

its weird because the demo didn't feel at all like PGR. PGR I remember for tight twisty courses, that feeling of sharp handling with a bit of drift, taking turns with precision and confidence. The demo felt like steering a wallowy boat down a white water rafting course.

It does sound like the full game is better than that though.

enewtabie

Having a great time with this game. Took it online the first time and won with my Subaru. Maybe it helps that I drive one in real life lol. Got invited to the H3rtz car club?
So much fun.

Top Bottom