• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

its weird because the demo didn't feel at all like PGR. PGR I remember for tight twisty courses, that feeling of sharp handling with a bit of drift, taking turns with precision and confidence. The demo felt like steering a wallowy boat down a white water rafting course.

It does sound like the full game is better than that though.

S class and up around the roads feels way more like pgr then the demo gives us, in fact it's too fast and you just crash a lot especially online where hitting a wall to turn a corner is faster then out breaking someone.

It's annoying as shit.

Bedlam

Totally agreed with the PGR comparisons. I haven't had so much fun with a racing game since PGR4 And I have played and liked both sim-y games like Forza 3 and arcade-y games like Hot Pursuit... but Horizon beats all of those. I'm hooked and completely addicted to it ("just one more race"). The handling model between sim and arcade is nigh perfect in my opinion. It's really easy to do controlled drifts and catch the car after losing traction etc. Just pure fun.

Shit, I lost the RUF vs Mustang showcase (I thought that couldn't happen?), I had to sit upright to beat it LOL. I'm going to miss this game, Damn Hurricane!

8134690989_d8648ff4c3.jpg

8134691043_8768d871a1.jpg

Played this the other day. Beautiful game, didn't care much for the physics but they don't bother me for this kind of game. Framerate also didn't bother me. It's all about cruising in a gorgeous setting. It was the same for TDU, terrible physics but I still played it alot.

I still think they should have learned more from TDU. If Horizon becomes a franchise I hope they manage to do a full online freeroaming game ala TDU, complete with Houses and Club Houses where you can display your cars and walk around them ala AutoVista.

Just imagine Auto Vista inside a garage with cars that are not only yours, but also your friends.

*drooooooool*

saladine1

Played this the other day. Beautiful game, didn't care much for the physics but they don't bother me for this kind of game. Framerate also didn't bother me. It's all about cruising in a gorgeous setting. It was the same for TDU, terrible physics but I still played it alot.

I still think they should have learned more from TDU. If Horizon becomes a franchise I hope they manage to do a full online freeroaming game ala TDU, complete with Houses and Club Houses where you can display your cars and walk around them ala AutoVista.

Just imagine Auto Vista inside a garage with cars that are not only yours, but also your friends.

*drooooooool*
Xbox 720 + Horizon 2 = phenomenal!

You have to lightly caress the pedal, anymore is a death wish.

Is that where you went Sunday :p

Haha, not quite. The dogs/roomies/etc were going crazy so I had to calm them all down! We are working on getting Liz a copy so she can join in the mayhem.

*drooooooool*

God, that would be amazing! We can only hope that this game does well enough for them to want to continue this part of the franchise in new and interesting ways.

Fox Mulder

Am I the only person that got fed up with the world near the end?
It gets a bit monotonous as most of the open world games.

I really would not mind having some unique tracks like Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Infineon Raceway or Sebring International Raceway.
Even straight import from Forza 4 would be enough.

The open world doesn't have to be the same, as this mostly is.

TDU had a variety of locations on Oahu. It had roads through city blocks, towns, rural areas, mountains, and beach side stuff. TDU 2 added Ibiza on top of an improved Oahu with off road stuff.

It didn't all look as good as horizon does, but it had more variety. I'd like a snowy mountain road or something at least, or a road around a big lake.

Dave_6

Went on a spending spree after winning the Horizon Festival last night. Bought the Venom, Veyron, Koeningsegg and few other of the 'hyper cars'. My God the Venom is absolutely insane in a straight line, and that sound! :O Set a couple personal bests at some speed traps in just a few minutes of driving around with it.

I absolutely LOVE this game and can't wait to get home from work and fire it back up!

The_Monk

Cool I beat legbone time in the Choper race thing. :p (meanwhile 122 GAF messages saying that they beat me on speed cameras, unfff!)

mujun

Just finished this and absolutely loved it.

This game is the best take on open world racing there is imo. I feel like the shorter races combined with the stuff you end up doing outside or races, just cruising around is really well balanced so that both parts are enjoyable. Love the setting and feel of it as well.

The actual driving can feel a bit off at times but other times it feels really nice, hard to put my finger on why. Still awesome game and NFS will have to be really impressive to get me to like it more than Horizon.

Dave_6

8125032937_6229789509_z.jpg

8125052982_99844d3b58_z.jpg

8125053372_10a0a85ef5_z.jpg

8125034421_38f60e398d_z.jpg

8125054490_3b74085e56_z.jpg

8125056696_938bff4b6a_z.jpg

8125055570_8d87c7532a_z.jpg

8125035529_612e1a7996_z.jpg

8 cars, all B500, all in the GAF car club.

A free roam all map drifting, racing, and most likely crashing event must occur sometime in the near future.

I was just curious as I was looking at all these yesterday in the club garage; did you do the 'Auto Upgrade' to get these to exactly B500 or did you do something in particular to each one? I can't ever seem to get something exactly to 500, 600, etc.

GlamFM

Banned
They both triggered for me randomly after 25 hours or so. :O

Way, way way after I'd 100%ed the game.

I would definitely still say it's bugged, though.

Freeroam challenges dont count towards 100%? Good to know.

I still wanna do them ;)

EDIT. I´m afraid I might not be able to do the drift/ outpost stuff. My first attempt was... frustrating.

Was it very hard?

Do any of you guys have additional info about these two issues? I can pass it on to the studio to see if they can repro it in-house.

Leaves dont fly up when Im in cockpit/hood/bumper, switch to outside they do. It worked in the demo.

I was just curious as I was looking at all these yesterday in the club garage; did you do the 'Auto Upgrade' to get these to exactly B500 or did you do something in particular to each one? I can't ever seem to get something exactly to 500, 600, etc.

Never auto upgrade, I went in and and did them myself. Made sure to not go to far from the spirit of what the cars were in the show. The Trueno is still N/A, turbos are present where needed. Mainly its suspension and break improvements except for some of the lower powered cars,

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I´m afraid I might not be able to do the drift/ outpost stuff. My first attempt was... frustrating.

Was it very hard?

No, not, really. Like I've said before just go hell for leather and combo a run... near miss, wrecking environment stuff, drifting... anything to keep the combo going.

mil6es

For some reason I can't bare to put on forza spoilers onto any of my cars, I think It just looks odd for some reason, so I'm just rolling around with zero aero on all my cars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I´m afraid I might not be able to do the drift/ outpost stuff. My first attempt was... frustrating.

Was it very hard?

I'm having a really hard time with the combo stuff too. :(

DJ_Lae

Had an amusing glitch twice now on the instant challenges with random AI racers - I challenge them right before an intersection, it cuts to a camera shot of them turning in one direction and I see my car in the background turn in the opposite direction.

Then it jumps back into my car with the race started, with me oriented in the proper direction and the AI guy doing god knows what. I never see him again and race to the finish completely unopposed.

Bedlam

I'm having a really hard time with the combo stuff too. :(
I you have problems keeping your combo going because there's no traffic for near-misses for a while, do some light drifts and knock down a few roadsigns. Keeps the combo and increases the multiplier.

Some fast stunt races allow for really huge combos. My biggest single combo was 65.000something.

For some reason I can bare to put on forza spoilers onto any of my cars, I think It just looks odd for some reason, so I'm just rolling around with zero aero on all my cars.

I usually did it for all RWD cars in F4 because you could adjust the downforce. But I only have them on a couple of cars in horizon. Hell my ZR1 is rolling spoiler free, makes me shit my pants sometimes.

mil6es

Can look great:

EDIT: First picture is a good example of no smoke because of bumpercam.

Ok hatches/classic cars look good with them on but anything else, naa.

I usually did it for all RWD cars in F4 because you could adjust the downforce. But I only have them on a couple of cars in horizon. Hell my ZR1 is rolling spoiler free, makes me shit my pants sometimes.

Seriously 800bhp single turbo supra with spoiler delete is the most amazing experience, do a highway top speed run with that car and it will make you smile no end, will put mine in the club garage tonight :)

Dave_6

Never auto upgrade, I went in and and did them myself. Made sure to not go to far from the spirit of what the cars were in the show. The Trueno is still N/A, turbos are present where needed. Mainly its suspension and break improvements except for some of the lower powered cars,

Ok cool, I'll just have to mess around with them some.

EDIT: I can delete spoilers/wings!? How? I tried to with my GT-R and had no luck.

Ok cool, I'll just have to mess around with them some.

EDIT: I can delete spoilers/wings!? How? I tried to with my GT-R and had no luck.

The R35 GT-R in this game is annoying because there are NO aero options for it. I don't know if that's because its the "Black Edition" but it sucks.

The_Monk

I don't think I will be able to do the PR Stunts. Just tried one random that I had to collect 15.000 Points and was getting 3.000 points left a couple of times. I imagine that there are going to be more Harder PR Stunts than those, right?

Gek54

I don't think I will be able to do the PR Stunts. Just tried one random that I had to collect 15.000 Points and was getting 3.000 points left a couple of times. I imagine that there are going to be more Harder PR Stunts than those, right?

There is a 22,000 one I think. I didnt have a problem with any of them so far and all I did was near misses, dont worry about drifting, it just slows you down.

Lima

So as we found out yesterday in our free roam session the day and night cycle in this game is kinda weird. The full cycle takes around 35-45 minutes but night time is only 7 minutes. Makes it really hard to complete those night trips in online free roam.

Fox Mulder

Really?
Really?

More?

I'm kind of feeling the same right now too, at least currently. I played the hell out of the three proper forza games all gen, but TDU was a favorite of mine that no one seemed to care about copying. It took like 6 years, but besides a few design choices, this is pretty much what I wanted from a TDU sequel. I wish it were a proper online multiplayer world too.

I'm still going to get wet for a sexy forza 5 on the new xbox, but I'm also excited about where they take this franchise.

Top Bottom