• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

IISANDERII

It's all on me, I am not blaming the game, Horizon is amazing but I am pushing myself to play it and I mostly quit after an hour because it all wents bad. For example I just tried to do a skill event for like 20 times. 20.000 points to get, the highest I managed was like 7.000 until I gave up because I either crash into traffic or I am not getting traffic at all so I can keep the multiplier up with near misses. I gave up on the destroy parts as I usually crash into the street borders and lose them.
I quit it too after they seemed impossimole. Until many hours later when I had beaten everything else in the game and then I finished them easily.
And I'm not a drifter or trick stunter of any kind.

Gek54

Why did they bother with a co-driver if the stages are just resurfaced roads from the original game.

That and only 5 cars for $20 means all hype =
PQOsPl.jpg

Enjoying this game so far, wish my G27 worked with it though.. Oh well, can I get an invite to the ForzaGAF club? My GT is same as my GAF name.

Fox Mulder

I'll probably get the dlc regardless. I really hate how all the dlc for every forza game is just more cars. How neat, the game already has enough. Give me more tracks so I'm not racing on the same looking courses all the time.

I didn't give one damn about the porsche stuff for forza 4, especially at $20.

derFeef

Okay up to blue wristband, easy AI with no driving support etc. works for me pretty well. I feel dirty but at least I am having fun :p

I was super excited about Rally Expansion before I got any info on it, now not so much. I mean, only 5 cars? This isn't really the number I was hoping for, not to mention same road from the main game used for the Rally stages with just a new surface. I will probably get it sometime in the future but I can't really say I'm excited about it.

I still be waiting for Rallisport Challenge 3, even though it won't ever happen but I won't give up my dream :D

Shaneus

Get WRC3! It's not as pretty but it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

It's a shame to hear you're not getting the pack though, HD... but I'd only be upset if I was getting it but wouldn't be getting your liveries ;)

Get WRC3! It's not as pretty but it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

It's a shame to hear you're not getting the pack though, HD... but I'd only be upset if I was getting it but wouldn't be getting your liveries ;)

I would be all over WRC games if they were out in US but they aren't, can't import them either cause they region locked :(

I am not sure if you guys saw it yet, but it looks like Horizon is getting one of those free car packs. It is the 2013 Honda Civic Si this time. The pack comes out Jan 15th and contains:

* 2013 Civic Si
* 2012 HPD Fit
* 1986 Civic (HELLZ YA!)

I am actually a little curious if this will hit F4 also.

The_Monk

After giving up long time ago on those Stunts in the Outposts I decided to give it another go since I was needing my racing fix.

Boy, I did them all! I can't believe it was much easier this time. All I had to do (regarding getting those points on drifting, etc) was to completly ignore the "recommended line". As soon as any race started, I just turned in the other way, got some drifting plus burnout and then it was just trying not to crash.

I also just noticed that the Rally Achievements are up. But I think I will keep my FORZA tradition and have only one Achievement to finish... On FORZA4 I need FORZA3 to have them all and on Horizon I need those 10 FREE Roam Challenges. Oh well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The 10 free roam achievement is still the only one I need, as well.

We only need 8 people to get together and we can rinse them in an hour or two. Nobody ever wants to arrange anything, though. :(

The_Monk

We only need 8 people to get together and we can rinse them in an hour or two. Nobody ever wants to arrange anything, though. :(

Hey I was in about 3 Lobbies the last time we tried and we actually started one of those times! Shocking, I know. I think I did one or maybe two of those challenges but that was it.

When I asked what happened: "GAF Tradition happened." Lol

I'd love to do it but I won't be back in town until Monday night. Any time this week after then would work for me.

Free Roam Challenges

OK guys, if anyone wants to get the free roam challenges done we can meet up next weekend and I'll make sure that people who get into the lobby will get the achievement.

You might hate me after we done, but I'll make sure everything goes fast and smooth. Doesn't matter if you in the GAF club or not, anyone willing to meet next weekend please send me a message on xbox live.

My GT: H3rtZ DoNuT

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Free Roam Challenges

OK guys, if anyone wants to get the free roam challenges done we can meet up next weekend and I'll make sure that people who get into the lobby will get the achievement.

You might hate me after we done, but I'll make sure everything goes fast and smooth. Doesn't matter if you in the GAF club or not, anyone willing to meet next weekend please send me a message on xbox live.

My GT: H3rtZ DoNuT

Ah dammit, I would totally do it if I wasn't flying out of town for the holidays. Oh well, some other time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally beat the game. got to the last 8 car race, beat the pants off darius and was like "is that all? a 5 lap race on a track i've seen before? wheres the epicness?" then, one on one. "oh yeah!"

of course that was before the dumb as fuck rubberband ai completely turned it into a frustrating experience. watching darius punt the shit out of cars with virtually no penalty was at least funny though. also, who thought that at the end of the long race to have the course veer to the right on an off ramp at the very end was a good idea? i missed that turn off and lost the race i was winning twice. lol

Did they do anything to the audio? Like engine noise and such.

Didn't check. Got the loyalty cars and tried the Gumpert out, and I could really hear the turbo, something I thought was kind of low before, but I didn't drive the Apollo pre patch so I can't compare. I'll try some other cars later.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Did they do anything to the audio? Like engine noise and such.

This is all they've said is updated:

First up, Monday. That’s the day that we’re releasing the latest title update for Forza Horizon, one that has been in the works since the game was launched back in October. This title update will address a number of issues in Forza Horizon, most notably the loyalty car import issue, which resulted in some players not receiving the Forza Motorsport loyalty rewards cars (for having played Forza Motorsport 3 or Forza Motorsport 4) in Forza Horizon.

Also as part of the title update, rumble functionality in Forza Horizon has also been updated to take into account different rumble thresholds for wired and wireless controllers. In addition, Forza Horizon will now feature increased rumble effects at peak tire friction on paved roads as well as more pronounced off-road vibration effects. The vibration slider (which you can find by going to the Profile -> Options -> Controls -> Advanced menu) is now more tunable than before, giving players greater ability to dial the precise level of rumble they are looking for.

Finally, this title update will also address the lack of smoke effects when going from bumper or hood cam into photo mode, a bug that caused grid ordering based on last race results to not work, and a number of other improvements as well. The title update will be available on Monday, Dec. 17 and will download automatically (assuming your Xbox 360 is connected to the Xbox LIVE) when you fire up the game.

The_Monk

Maybe now I can get my final Barn Find. Had two remaining and one appeared while in Free Roam long time ago but the last one is still missing.

Maybe now I can get my final Barn Find. Had two remaining and one appeared while in Free Roam long time ago but the last one is still missing.

What triggers those? I feel like I won't see one for a while and then two pop up in a single (hour or so) play session. I think I have 2 left? But I'm only on the gold wristbands, at popularity level 50 or so.

zorbsie

Kind of excited to download the patch. Stronger rumble will make a huge difference in this game. Especially for the rally expansion. Trying to resist purchase.

The_Monk

What triggers those? I feel like I won't see one for a while and then two pop up in a single (hour or so) play session. I think I have 2 left? But I'm only on the gold wristbands, at popularity level 50 or so.

If you ask me I think it's random. I got 8 of them while playing the Single Player and and one in Multiplayer (Free Roam). I even know the location of the last Barn but since I need to wait for the girl to tell me it's no use.

Update is live.

Go to your profile and under the advanced control options increase the rumble to 100% sooooooooo much better.
Thank the maker. This should make a huge difference.

Still on the fence about the expansion. Nice trailer but the substance here is whats going to matter.

h3ro

Do the rally light mods that those cars above have equipped actually change the brightness of the road while racing at night?

The_Monk

It seems there are new springs for Rally, the Loading menus now also have some pictures from the Rally DLC.

It's going to be hard to resist but I have to, the price does not match the time I will get from the Content. It's a shame, at this point I just want more Forza, I've been just driving around, then I see some car, challenge him, beat him, go back to free roam, repeat. I have a decent Backlog but still is more Forza that I want! :(

It's going to be hard to resist but I have to, the price does not match the time I will get from the Content. It's a shame, at this point I just want more Forza, I've been just driving around, then I see some car, challenge him, beat him, go back to free roam, repeat. I have a decent Backlog but still is more Forza that I want! :(
That's just it for me. What Horizon brings to the table is free-roam. That above all else.

So while I like the idea of adding Rally, it has to extend the free roam or I don't really see much of a point. Open world free roam with rally courses sounds like a dream come true, but by all accounts that isn't what this is. Hell, I'm still not even sure what the expansion actually is.

Shaneus

The vibration is a lot better... but it's not what I was thinking of. Driving on tarmac, there's still zero car feedback unless there are tyres screeching. I'm sure (but I could be wrong) that PGR4 and Forza 4 were both a lot more subtle with feedback when driving the car "normally".

I also only just tested with the Procar so that might be a thing too, but it just feels weird when you're driving along and taking a long bend or even swerving doesn't illicit any feedback from the controller at all until you accelerate and give it a reason to step out.

Klocker

Can someone more adept at rally sport tell me a few cars In game already which would be no brainers to upgrade to rally cars?

Also, what can we really expect from the surface in how it differs from the dirt tracks already in game? Seems to me it will be a glorified illusion rather than a rally experience. Guess we will know tomorrow

Top Bottom