• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
getting back into horizon and dreaming of the rally expansion, one thing i'd kill for in horizon 2 (if we are so lucky) would be a co-driver all the time - or, super detailed and well timed GPS directions. its a pain in the ass racing in the horizon p2p races and keeping an eye on the mini map to see where you are supposed to go.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can someone more adept at rally sport tell me a few cars In game already which would be no brainers to upgrade to rally cars?

Also, what can we really expect from the surface in how it differs from the dirt tracks already in game? Seems to me it will be a glorified illusion rather than a rally experience. Guess we will know tomorrow

Subaru 22B STi
Subaru 2011 WRX STi
Mistubishi Lancer Evo
Lancia Delta
Audi Quattro
Pugeot 206

Klocker

sweet thanks jello44!

by the way the new cars are in the in game MP (can not buy yet) 240k for Lancia all others 24k and lower iirc

OK, so, I think I screwed myself over with the loyalty cars: It finally unlocked today for me with that patch, but then I realized it was only reading my low level Forza 4 save, and not my level 50 Forza 3 save that is on another 360.

I tried starting over (wasn't too far in Horizon), and now I'm not getting any loyalty cars. Is it suppose to be a one time only thing?

I tried the rumble at 100% during a mixed surface race and the improvement its great! now it really feels like driving over an uneven terrain, SO MUCH BETTER! thanks!

Daigoro

The 10 free roam achievement is still the only one I need, as well.

We only need 8 people to get together and we can rinse them in an hour or two. Nobody ever wants to arrange anything, though. :(

let me know if you want to get together to try a few 2 player ones. i think were on around the same times during the week often enough.

Free Roam Challenges

OK guys, if anyone wants to get the free roam challenges done we can meet up next weekend and I'll make sure that people who get into the lobby will get the achievement.

You might hate me after we done, but I'll make sure everything goes fast and smooth. Doesn't matter if you in the GAF club or not, anyone willing to meet next weekend please send me a message on xbox live.

My GT: H3rtZ DoNuT

what day were you thinking? actually, scratch that, im working all weekend and will only be around during mornings in the EST times zone -5 GMT.

Klocker

So no improvements to audio? :(

I want to say yes but it could be a placebo effect.

I have a sport or race exhaust on most of my cars which deepens the exhaust sound anywat but it might be brighter.

All I know is there was no option put into audio to shut the Festival chick the hell up. :(

Also why can we not customize our controls? ridiculous in 2012

Shaneus

Also why can we not customize our controls? ridiculous in 2012
Ugh, this. I take particular issue with the fact that we can swap clutch/handbrake, but either button will only map to LB, unless you want to swap the accel and brake triggers as well. It's ridiculous that you can't have accel and handbrake on the same side :/

Anyone else able to comment on the lack of car feedback when not breaking traction? I'm sure I've experienced it in FM4 and PGR4. It just seems odd that you could drive down a straight road (even doing a gentle S down it) and not get *any* feedback through the controller.

It's been pretty crazy to see everyone turn on this game over the last few weeks. I picked it up around Black Friday and have been really enjoying it so far, but it seems like people who jumped in earlier are not digging it as much anymore.

This thread was like 34 pages of "I love this game!" but recently it shifted rather abruptly to negative town.

What happened?

Klocker

The game is great, small items need some changes (as noted audio and options)

but mostly I think what you are sensing is that those of us who dumped an extra $50 on the Season Pass are seeing a huge spoonful of "over promise/under deliver" by PG on the Rally Add on.

hopefully we will eat crow tomorrow but so far little hope compared to initial expectations

saladine1

I think people want bigger and better from PG. Having said that, Horizon is a great first outing from them. There's plenty of room for improvement and I'm sure they will deliver in all aspects come Horizon 2 time.
For now though, it is what it is. Expecting a full blown rally mode(as I did) is probably asking a lot..

Oh well, looking forward to Forza 5 next!

It's been pretty crazy to see everyone turn on this game over the last few weeks. I picked it up around Black Friday and have been really enjoying it so far, but it seems like people who jumped in earlier are not digging it as much anymore.

This thread was like 34 pages of "I love this game!" but recently it shifted rather abruptly to negative town.

What happened?

WELCOME TO FORZA GAF!

Seriously its always like this.

gragy10

Subaru 22B STi
Subaru 2011 WRX STi
Mistubishi Lancer Evo
Lancia Delta
Audi Quattro
Pugeot 206

Add Ford RS200 to that list
Left Rally DLC dl'ing this morning - 1GB strikes me as pretty small for the price.
Also interesting to see that the Market Place category is set as ExpansionS - might be more (non-Season Pass) stuff to come, though FM4 menu's did a good job of looking like track DLC might happen too

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
First impressions on this are.. that I suck.

Went through the game without any drama on medium difficulty, but in this I can't even finish in the top 10.
Might be a car choice problem.

So apparently the tracks are made out of the standard roads, dirtied up and loads of scenery changes so it looks less like just dirt added on the same roads, that's why there is no crossover so yeah hope they drop the price down a bit

I bought the rally expansion, not played horizon for a while now but I am willing to spend on this rally stuff even if it is rehashed roads. Looking forward to it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Anyone remember this area?

C4mNf.jpg

"hard left into medium left"

I turn left then there is a right turn. GG callout guy.

It's a bit upsetting that you can't see your co-driver next to you in the car, feels like he is talking to you via headset, and it might just be me but the co-driver voice sounds way too script read, it's not like he is fighting the force of the car and G's to shout at you.

Also way too much grip IMO, i've yet to feel like I am powersliding on dirt but driving a gokart instead.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
"hard left into medium left"

I turn left then there is a right turn. GG callout guy.

It's a bit upsetting that you can't see your co-driver next to you in the car, feels like he is talking to you via headset, and it might just be me but the co-driver voice sounds way too script read, it's not like he is fighting the force of the car and G's to shout at you.

Also way too much grip IMO, i've yet to feel like I am powersliding on dirt but driving a gokart instead.

I noticed the same thing with the co-driver. He sounds almost bored. LOL

Cars feel plenty slippy enough for me. I've found myself spinning out a few times.

A class rally is much nicer, using a converted audi tt and it's great, I also like how the AI is setting rather challenging times even on normal.

op_ivy

ugh, i just know this rally expansion will fail, sales wise, giving the bearded one more ammo against track DLC in forza mainline and more extensions like this in horizon. news flash to turn 10, promote this kind of DLC and release at a fair price!

i really want to get this, but as pointed out in U2NUMB's video - 20 is much to steep for the content this offers.

ugh, i just know this rally expansion will fail, sales wise, giving the bearded one more ammo against track DLC in forza mainline and more extensions like this in horizon. news flash to turn 10, promote this kind of DLC and release at a fair price!

i really want to get this, but as pointed out in U2NUMB's video - 20 is much to steep for the content this offers.

It does feel expensive so far, i'll give a full though about it once I have done everything it offers to let people know.

BTW no smart glass stuff in the rally expansion :( was hoping to see the rally route via pace notes or something, but nope.

op_ivy

watching these vids, i dont recognize a lof of these bits of track. i guess that speaks volumes to the variety and size of horizon.

What happened?
I still love it. Looking forward to playing the rally stuff when I get home from work.

My biggest complaint is the lady that nags you every five minutes when you're free roaming.

I will have to play more tonight, so far I have done the first 4 chunks of rally (4 stages in each) and while there is some normal horizon areas being used a few things feel fresh, could be edited road textures or new areas I can't tell.

They really nailed the off-road to on-road feeling, especially with vibration on 100%.

I find 100% with a controller a little too much, I think I am set to 86% and it feels spot on for driving on dirt to me.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Okay, for the canyon rally they really have just switched out tarmac roads for dirt... that entire run up towards the observatory is now dirt.

I guess that explains why they can't integrate it in to the existing world because they've changed some road types.

The_Monk

When possible, I would like to know a true time estimate on the play time. These videos surely are not helping avoiding this, I should buy at least 400 or 800 more MS Points... ugh.

zorbsie

So to be clear, it is the same roads with different track surfaces on it. Right? Really want to play the rally stuff. But I'm waiting for a price drop. I just feel like the play area isn't that big to begin with. I was really hoping that the rally expansion would actually be an expansion and add to the play area. The way it's set up now, I don't know, just feels cheap.

Can't believe I went from buying the LE, a season pass and every extra car pack in FM4 to buying the standard version, not buying a season pass and only buying 1 car pack in FH. The nickel and dimeing feels a little overboard with this game.

ironcreed

Banned
I have never been a huge racing game fan and especially never got into Forza until I played Forza 4. Played the first one on Xbox, 2 & 3 on the 360 and could not be bothered with it. But after playing 4, I fell in love and it just kind of clicked. It's strange.

Anyway, picked this up from the MS store for $15.00 new and find it to be absolutely amazing. Gorgeous visuals, driving feels great, it runs like silk, and with the music, it really comes off as just an all around fun as hell 'feel good' kind of game. Hard to describe, but the game just puts me in a good mood while playing it.

Fox Mulder

i'm probably going to get the rally stuff just cause.

I've played the hell out of the three forzas this gen, but I'm tired of car packs. I'd rather pay $20 for new courses, even if they're just resurfaced roads in the game, than a $20 for a porsche car pack.

Top Bottom