• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

saladine1

6191446274_1ff295a9af_o.jpg

6190927853_8761a2392f_o.jpg

SmokyDave

StudioTan said:
Photomode or not, some of these shots are simply astonishing.
Agreed, they've come so far since the white roofs of Forza 2. The AMX above looks stunning (and hints at yet more awesome muscle parts!).

nagge

Demo can't come soon enough, although I'm a bit worried about the alps track, seems like a lot of high speed corners and not that many technical sections. But hey, at least we get to play the game :)

Any idea what time on monday the demo will be available?

Shaneus

nagge said:
Demo can't come soon enough, although I'm a bit worried about the alps track, seems like a lot of high speed corners and not that many technical sections. But hey, at least we get to play the game :)
I don't think the longevity of the demo will come from the track, but the introduction of rivals mode.

Speaking of AMX, when do we get to drive in this:
800px-AMC_AMX3_Front.jpg

800px-AMC_AMX3_Rear.jpg

nagge

Shaneus said:
I don't think the longevity of the demo will come from the track, but the introduction of rivals mode.

Still...a more technical track would have been my preference, that being said I will still play it everyday until the full game releases :)

Rival mode is basically time trials against selected players right?

Shaneus

nagge said:
Still...a more technical track would have been my preference, that being said I will still play it everyday until the full game releases :)
Agreed. But it is a showcase track, I guess. Those over-the-road things remind me of the concrete gates from Outrun.

Rival mode is basically time trials against selected players right?
Kind of. I think they're more goal-oriented though, so (I think) they're to do with specific things on tracks, like overtaking, technical driving etc. as well.

Mascot

Shaneus said:

Absolutely, this and switching back between the demo and FM3 to compare the physics, audio, graphics, and investigate the new simulation steering properly. When I played the Alps track (and Nurb F1 track) I soon got bored because a proper analysis wasn't possible under the clusterfuck of the environment I was in. I'm guessing the demo will be the old E3 Alps one with 'rivals' mode enabled and the option to hot lap or race, but hopefully it will include more cars. Interestingly, the ribbon it put you on depended on the car. You could only drive the tunnel loop in the 599, I seem to recall.

saladine1

Good. Hopefully, with the GT5 Spec II update announcement, it'll mean that Turn 10 should be getting off their horses and start releasing some fucking videos...

eso76

Mascot

It's gonna be tough avoiding Giant Bomb's quick look, but the one they did for FM3 did take away a little of the excitement of booting the game up for the first time.

... ... ...

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll watch it.

eso76

Arucardo said:
All I want is one video: a lap of the ring with a B, A or S class car.

and would you like it in hood cam, cockpit view or replay cams ?
one car or full grid ? stock or upgraded ?

JaskoX1

Banned
eso76 said:
i have to say i don't mind the changes to camino one bit

i would like to know how much these guys played with photomode settings or if that's what the game looks like (minus IQ, obviously).
You're correct. Get that john cooper clubman..

eso76

JaskoX1 said:

i'm really not sure about that

getphoto6chv.jpg

like i said, it's still not clear how much some of these images have been tweaked in regards to saturation, lighting and exposure, but i actually think it has gt5 beaten in a few areas.

getphoto2egt.jpg

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Another late article from a french car site about the Paris event, the article author is a long time Forza player so his opinion is interesting.
http://www.caradisiac.com/Forza-4-derniere-prise-en-main-avant-le-test-72879.htm

S7-Forza-4-derniere-prise-en-main-avant-le-test-239573.jpg

A few things that I noticed:

- Nordschleife new lighting is definitely more photo-realistic and a big improvement, bumps are much more noticable also.

- About the new physics, in full-sim settings, FM3 with similar settings feels very assisted in comparison.
He did a lap on the Nordschleife with a Radical SR8 (RWD beast awesomeness), any wrong input with the steering and you'll kiss the guard rails, no more quick left/right to correct your line or you'll lose control, too much braking on a bump and you'll lose the rear and spin.

- Stock wheels are PAINTABLE

- No more short stories during loading screen but track/car/temperature (what?) information

amar212 said:

These videos are still my guilty pleasures (and other videos *creepy laugh*) ... my girlfriend walked over while I was watching an unboxing of the CSP's and she said it was like watching somebody you don't know open Christmas presents, I couldn't fault her logic.

AND ... I am glad somebody here mentioned the differences between the CSP's and CSR pedals. It seems the CSR pedals have a lot more plastic while the CSP's are all shiny metal.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
saladine1 said:
Do it!

@Speednasty, are you sure it says stock wheels are paint-able?
A good addition if true.

Yes that's what he says in the article, since he is a regular Forza player I suppose he should be able to notice any small new features... but he could be wrong.
Best way to know the definite answer would be to ask on FM.net the question to the guys who have the game, gonna ask now.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
amar212 said:
Jube ;)

From what we know, everything is very strictly covered by NDA. Apparently, only carefully selected people have been given the retail codes.
Well, duh. I meant is anyone on GAF a 'Community VIP'?

cjelly said:
Did anyone on GAF get the game early?

Sadly I'll be getting mine late =( ... Amazon still hasn't offered release-date shipping for the LE version of the game, just for the normal version.

And when can we expect those HD Live feed videos? And where should we be looking?

amar212

cjelly said:
Well, duh. I meant is anyone on GAF a 'Community VIP'?

Team VVV guy is, but although we know he have a game, he does not post.

NDA is very strict, whoever have he game didn't leak anything really important.

Notice how we got those "car selection" screens, but tracks are nowhere to be seen? Nor menus? Nor options? NDA at its finest.

Raudi

amar212 said:

Notice how we got those "car selection" screens, but tracks are nowhere to be seen? Nor menus? Nor options? NDA at its finest.

Two of my Team mates from Gearbox Tuning have an early copy and I believe the only restriction they are under is no off screen pics or videos (in game photo mode only).

Many of the community members and mods on fm.net that have the game have been answering questions, I know I got most of mine answered ;) (except for if any cars can be painted Matte Black besides that Maserati that was posted.)

VVV Mars VG

amar212 said:

Yeah the embargo is Oct 6th so you'll see it all come out then, Turn 10 don't have much to worry about on review scores. The game is huge and though it gives time to produce a pretty extensive selection of videos, they will touch merely a fraction of what this game has to offer.

So lots of TeamVVV vids on the way, with pad, CSR wheel and wireless wheel, Kinect, headtracking, online, team details, besides a 26 minute interview with Dan G where he goes in-depth with me about physics and the huge leaps forward since FM3.

I'll finish by saying the Top Gear homespace is bloody impressive and I spend as much time marvelling at cars as I do driving them.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
6191613339_0ee43b8dfb_b.jpg

this makes me so god damned happy. it will really extend the game. hope we can time attack these!

saladine1

VVV Mars VG said:
Yeah the embargo is Oct 6th so you'll see it all come out then, Turn 10 don't have much to worry about on review scores. The game is huge and though it gives time to produce a pretty extensive selection of videos, they will touch merely a fraction of what this game has to offer.

So lots of TeamVVV vids on the way, with pad, CSR wheel and wireless wheel, Kinect, headtracking, online, team details, besides a 26 minute interview with Dan G where he goes in-depth with me about physics and the huge leaps forward since FM3.

I'll finish by saying the Top Gear homespace is bloody impressive and I spend as much time marvelling at cars as I do driving them.
So, you're saying we won't be seeing any videos from anyone until the 6th of October?

ConvenientBox said:
which mode is that??
If you are referring to the Mercedes pics then that's Autocross..

Top Bottom