• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Hearthstone Tournament #2 | One Legendary to rule them all

Vio-Lence

Banned
Would be cool if the rules are changed up to either bring multiple decks like in a deck wars format or open up the use of legendaries.

Ferny

You guys are giving me ideas and that's not a good thing!

Next round - you guys have been great about getting these in so I don't really have to make a deadline. Get them done in a reasonable amount of time.
wQkoQUK.png

Vio-Lence

Banned
Inky, I can get in the games tonight or tomorrow night. Will be out of town this weekend so otherwise might get pushed to Monday.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Vio-Lence defeats inky 2-0, could be heading towards a rematch with JesseZoa. I think i got REKT by his murlock early in the tournament.

JesseZao

Vio-Lence defeats inky 2-0, could be heading towards a rematch with JesseZoa. I think i got REKT by his murlock early in the tournament.

That's IF I can get past another mage. Forecast is looking grim.

I'll be on later tonight or tomorrow night for next match.

Edit: CosmicZJ 2-1 over SuperSonic

That last game. I couldn't draw a Siphon and lucky you couldn't draw a fireball.

Vio-Lence

Banned
bunbun when would you like to get our game in?

i'm on central time, so most nights after 8pm work for me. i should be pretty available this weekend as well.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Vio-Lence defeats bunbun777 2-1. good games friend, I got pretty lucky in the 3rd game, had the dream starting hand.

made it out of the loser bracket to challenge Soka for the championship belt brother!

Ferny

Oh snaps! We're at the final point. It would be pretty cool if one of you were able to take video or something of the matches.

inky

Well, at least my 2 losses were against the finalists =)

Good luck to both of you.
PM me for secrets on the other guy ;P

Vio-Lence

Banned
So, Vio-lence, would you be free this weekend during the daytime at all, maybe Sunday? I should be free 9 AM - 1 PM Central time. I could also probably be free tomorrow. Just let me know/shoot me a PM.

We should be able to work out a time for Saturday or Sunday. I'll be available for the most part. We can discuss what works best for us on bnet or PM.

inky

Grats Soka. Since I played you I knew you would win the tourney so thanks for proving me right ;P

I'm sure Vio-lence was a very tought opponent too, so props as well =)

Vio-Lence

Banned
confirmed, good games. too bad the format wasn't the same as the HS wellplayed cup tournament. i would have won the championship, damn double elimination.

I think game 1 of the second series was the best match of the 2 sets. Pretty intense finish. I had leeroy, faceless, power overwhelming combo sitting in hand, but he pulled out like 2 earth shocks, rockbiterX2 and windfury or something retarded.

looking forward to the next tournament, and encourage people to sign up to participate. everything went smoothly from my perspective.

Ferny

Congrats Soka and Vio-lence for making it to the end!

Thanks to everyone for joining and playing your games so quickly

I will be getting your paypal addresses tomorrow to send out everyone's winnings.

I will be waiting a little bit to see when the new expansion is coming. I think starting the tournament right when the expansion comes out would be kinda weird so I'll see when that starts first.

inky

Yeah, he's very good. I went into the matches expecting Zoolock, turned out it was Handlock to start,

Yea, the same thing happened to me against him. A couple of other opponents had done the same before in the tournament so I was expecting either, but I think I should've put another BGH in there instead of using a semi-hybrid answer deck. First game I had a few taunts up and I gambled setting my board up for lethal, but a second giant + shadowflame proved my undoing. The second game was very similar to my second game against you, when I was sure turn 10 he had the Leeroy combo on hand for lethal and I was waiting for a couple of cards to stall that never came.
I also totally blew a game by making a mistake with my Flametongue Totems and creative accounting; forgot to attack one of his minions that would kill one of my minions so then I couldn't do the congo-line Flametongue Totem awesomeness I needed on that turn to win. Life lessons, I suppose.

He, that's rough. I know the feeling of anticipating the next turn so much that you miss an obvious attack and only realizing it after you've hit the end turn button.

Still, glad you won. Fun tournament overall, so shout-out to Ferny as well for taking the time to do it. Extremely cool of you to go through the trouble.

Top Bottom