• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Hearthstone Tournament #2 | One Legendary to rule them all

Ferny

yeah that was probably it, I just c/p'd from the user list ferny has and it doesn't have a period. Anyway I responded.

@ferny, we may or may not need another day. I'll be on to play around 6pm if ohrenberger can make it but sounds like it might be a problem for him. Will keep you updated.

Sounds good

Hey I've got way too much stuff going on this next week. I'm not gonna have time to play hearthstone. I'm forfeiting my match against Mobius and pet octopus. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

hobart

Hey guys - just an update from my end -

I haven't seen Kaji online - but I think its because of the big difference in time zones we have (15 hours difference). I'll be honest - I haven't been like totally on top of him about scheduling the match - but its a bit different from other times in which I've run into my opponent and we've been able to bang it out.

I've been terribly busy this week with limited time to play ANYTHING. Needless to say - I won't be able to meet tonight deadline of 7pm.

If you need to move on with the tourney - I understand. No hard feelings and Good Luck to all.

I just wanted to give courtesy and let you guys know. Take care guys!

Kaji

Hey guys - just an update from my end -

I haven't seen Kaji online - but I think its because of the big difference in time zones we have (15 hours difference). I'll be honest - I haven't been like totally on top of him about scheduling the match - but its a bit different from other times in which I've run into my opponent and we've been able to bang it out.

I've been terribly busy this week with limited time to play ANYTHING. Needless to say - I won't be able to meet tonight deadline of 7pm.

If you need to move on with the tourney - I understand. No hard feelings and Good Luck to all.

I just wanted to give courtesy and let you guys know. Take care guys!

Yeah I've kept an eye out for you mate, I was either on HS or WoW most of the weekend for me, but must of kept missing you. :(

Ferny

Kaji and Hobart. I would be willing to give you guys one more day if you think it'll get done. If not we can move forward.

LiveWire

LiveWire (Mage) 2 - Cystm (Priest) 0

ggs Cystm. That 2nd game for a moment I thought my misplay on lethal damage was going to come back and bite me but I lucked out.

hobart

Thanks, Ferny.

I will give it a go with Kaji this evening to see if we can manage to get together. I appreciate the extra day - but only if it isn't holding up a bunch of you.

We'll let you know by this evening if it gets done.

de1irium

LiveWire, I sent you a FR on bnet. I know the bracket isn't updated but we'll be playing next round ... and I'd like to get our game in before my WiiU/MK8 arrives sometime this week. :D

I should be around after 8PM EST tonite, and after 7PM EST Tuesday. (Or in general, if I'm online on bnet, I should be available to play.)

hobart

Ferny:

Obviously we were not able to complete our match yesterday evening. Please feel free to move the tournament along - I don't want to hinder everyone else.

Ferny

I won't be able to update the bracket till after 6pm EST so you still have some time if it's possible. If not, I will post the new deadline and updated bracket around 7pm.

LiveWire

LiveWire, I sent you a FR on bnet. I know the bracket isn't updated but we'll be playing next round ... and I'd like to get our game in before my WiiU/MK8 arrives sometime this week. :D

I should be around after 8PM EST tonite, and after 7PM EST Tuesday. (Or in general, if I'm online on bnet, I should be available to play.)

Great, thanks. I should be free most of this evening to play, I'm on PST.

Ferny

Deadline is up

Bracket has been updated
http://challonge.com/gafhearthstone
Deadline for Semi-Finals and Lower Bracket Round 4 is Sunday, June 8th @ 3PM EST
Please make sure to post results after the games. Classes are not needed to be posted unless there is an incident where a class was played that should not have been.

vzS2UFp.png

LiveWire

Hey de1irium, I'll be free in about an hour to play our games if you are. I need to get the games in tonight as I'll be traveling to LA for E3 leaving tomorrow and won't be able to play before the deadline. I'll send you a PM as well...let me know, thanks very much!

Ferny

Just an FYI, going forward we can be pretty flexible with the deadline if needed. We are right towards the end of this and we got here pretty quickly so if someone needs a day or so, just ask.

de1irium

Hey de1irium, I'll be free in about an hour to play our games if you are. I need to get the games in tonight as I'll be traveling to LA for E3 leaving tomorrow and won't be able to play before the deadline. I'll send you a PM as well...let me know, thanks very much!

Replied to your PM, sorry for the scheduling problems ... haven't wound up at home as much as I expected to be.

Ferny

Ferny, I had an unexpected trip come up for this weekend and I am unsure if I will be able to play my match with bunbun before Sunday evening or more likely Monday. Since we have a few rounds before our match will matter to anyone else, is it possible for us to have an extension of a few days if needed? I see above you mention something along these lines, but I wanted to ask more formally to let you know what's going on for our match.

That's totally fine. I really don't want people having to drop for scheduling or anything at this point in the tournament because we're so close to the end so if you need some more time, it's totally cool. Won't be weeks or anything but have no problem with a couple days.

LiveWire

LiveWire (Mage) 2 - de1irium (Druid) 0

ggs man, thank you so much for your flexibility in scheduling the matches. I thought that 2nd game was going to turn bad when I started out slow but I lucked out on a top deck.

Nalsh

Vio-Lence def. Nalsh 2-1. Close match, but my zoolock wasn't fast enough to beat out his handlock deck.

Ferny

I don't think I'll have time tonight after all. I'll just concede the match this time. Next tournament I'll be sure to plan ahead better.

You got time... as I said before, there is no need to rush this round. We won't go weeks or anything but I know people are traveling and stuff so this round is very loose with time frames.

I've been on for a little over an hour now (since around 6:30-6:35) waiting for jesse to respond. We may have to reschedule since I can't go past 8pm due to previously made plans for tonight.

Ferny

Sorry I've been delayed in getting the next round going. I had to travel for work on Tuesday pretty much last minute and just got back in. I'll be putting it up tonight.

For next tournament I think it would be interesting to have a more open format. Here is a list of ideas I had:

1. No legend limit. The truth is that legendary cards giving an advantage in this type of game over rares/epics/commons is just a thing of perception. But if there still needs to be a limit, more than 1 should be allowed.

2. I really like the 3 class, best of 3 or 5 format where a class is eliminated from choice when beaten. If possible, I'd like to try this format although I understand not everyone has 3 good decks (although imo it isn't really too rough, there are a lot of strong decks with low dust cost).

You choose your first deck and only change decks when you lose. It would be pretty hard to ensure players always use the same deck so I guess allow people to modify their class decks as they please, but still limit them to the same 3 classes.

The 3 classes could be chosen and PM'd to the tournament host who uses it in secret to make sure that both players played their deck. Probably the only way to ensure that happens without giving away what classes each opponent has in the first round. Or you just sign up and declare your classes openly. I think either way works to some extent.

Ferny

Alright, sorry about this going longer than expected for this round. We only have 2 matches for this round so we should be okay with getting it done early.

yC24VQo.png

Deadline: Wednesday, June 18th @ 7PM

If it gets done sooner, then we'll move to the next round right away.

JesseZao

Alright, sorry about this going longer than expected for this round. We only have 2 matches for this round so we should be okay with getting it done early.

yC24VQo.png

Deadline: Wednesday, June 18th @ 7PM

If it gets done sooner, then we'll move to the next round right away.

Sent FR. Just waiting to hear back ore to see him online.

Top Bottom