• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
From season 9.
hivBiDDl.jpg

Speevy

Banned
I always thought the direwolves had a correlation with characters' relationships with each other, like with Lady's death Sansa joined her new family.

With Grey Wind's death the red wedding happened.

With Shaggydog's death Rickon was doomed to die by Ramsay's hand.

With Summer's death Bran became the three-eyed raven.

Is there any way I can watch this in the UK with no Sky or Virgin TV?

Is it online somewhere? I normally wait till the following day then go to my parents and watch it but I'm off work tomorrow so thought I'd watch it live if possible.

I always thought the direwolves had a correlation with characters' relationships with each other, like with Lady's death Sansa joined her new family.

With Grey Wind's death the red wedding happened.

With Shaggydog's death Rickon was doomed to die by Ramsay's hand.

With Summer's death Bran became the three-eyed raven.

Nymeria and Ghost are still alive though. If Ghost even still exists that is.

I'm thinking that if Arya returned to Braavos or something Nymeria would die, and Jon turning full Targaryen would signal the end for Ghost.

Jon could still be a bastard. I'm finding it very hard to believe both Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. I doubt my boy Jon is legit either way.
Like, I'd feel it would be an asspull if Sam managed to find something that's relevant to Jon's lineage.

All the direwolves felt flat to me besides Ghost and maybe Summer.

Well, I think Nymeria will save Arya at some point and then die.

that's because they shrank the direwolves' roles. from their introduction at their dead mother I thought their roles would be more important but it looks like they show up only when it's convenient for the plot.

Vashetti

Banned
that's because they shrank the direwolves' roles. from their introduction at their dead mother I thought their roles would be more important but it looks like they show up only when it's convenient for the plot.

Ghost has been shown a grand total of 0 times this season. What hurts most is they filmed a scene for episode 2 and cut it.

Summers death was only overshadowed because of how sad Hodors death was.
Hodor's origin is sadder to me than his death.

Hodor died saving Meera & Bran. Blackfish died letting Brienne & Poddrick escape. Grenn died at Jon's orders protecting Castle Black. Yoren died trying to protect Arya, Gendry, and the rest of his youngin recruits. Barristan died trying to keep the peace, and Osha died serving the Starks.

Hodor's childhood however was ruined because of Bran. He could've been a great warrior had it not been for Bran's fuckery.

I don't think "They look good together" is a good basis for a relationship.
would you like me to start posting youtube videos of how much chemistry they have together even off the cameras, then?
Ghost has been shown a grand total of 0 times this season. What hurts most is they filmed a scene for episode 2 and cut it.
Which is why I keep saying it is as if he's retconned off the show. What is this cut scene you speak of?

Vashetti

Banned
would you like me to start posting youtube videos of how much chemistry they have together even off the cameras, then?
Which is why I keep saying it is as if he's retconned off the show. What is this cut scene you speak of?

Brian Cogman (writer) said on Twitter a scene between Jon/Ghost was filmed and cut from ep 2.

Presumably before he leaves for Dragonstone.

Question is, if they cut it because of the costs, because that would be a real shame.

Dany and Jon had zero chemistry in that scene, I did not feel anything. And not in a sense that they are going to like each other, we have constantly great scenes with amazing chemistry with characters that hate or dislike each other. Jon and Dany felt cold.

Brian Cogman (writer) said on Twitter a scene between Jon/Ghost was filmed and cut from ep 2.

Presumably before he leaves for Dragonstone.
ugh, so why the fuck did they cut it, then? for budget? i don't understand that excuse; why can't HBO just buy more CGI for this show? they are obviously going to make profit off of it so why can't the show be granted a higher budget since each season outperforms the previous

Hodor's origin is sadder to me than his death.

Hodor died saving Meera & Bran. Blackfish died letting Brienne & Poddrick escape. Grenn died at Jon's orders protecting Castle Black. Yoren died trying to protect Arya, Gendry, and the rest of his youngin recruits. Barristan died trying to keep the peace, and Osha died serving the Starks.

Hodor's childhood however was ruined because of Bran. He could've been a great warrior had it not been for Bran's fuckery.

It really is...Then again, Bran is still quite young and his origins are pretty sad as well. Everyone just see's him as a creep though but his mind is gone. Just like Hodor, Bran got his, Hodor might have been a half wit the majority of his life whole life but at least he seemed quite happy. Bran was crippled at a younger age than Hodor was when he had the breakdown. And since then it's been downhill for Bran.

Wvrs

Jon could still be a bastard. I'm finding it very hard to believe both Rhaegar and Lyanna were married. I doubt my boy Jon is legit either way.
Like, I'd feel it would be an asspull if Sam managed to find something that's relevant to Jon's lineage.

Probably going to find Rhaegar's last will and testament, naming Jon as his legitimate heir. He was temporarily King between Aerys' death and his own, it'd be legit. Although I'd find it more likely that Howland Reed might have it, perhaps it was on Lysanna in the ToJ and Ned entrusted it to him.

Vashetti

Banned
ugh, so why the fuck did they cut it, then? for budget? i don't understand that excuse; why can't HBO just buy more CGI for this show? they are obviously going to make profit off of it so why can't the show be granted a higher budget since each season outperforms the previous

Priorities.

They clearly don't have major plans for the wolves, so kill them off when they can and only show the others when necessary.

Notice that Dragonstone was just a castle backdrop and a room with a table when Stannis was there?

Now that Dany's there we see elaborate walkways, balconies and a throneroom.

Priorities.

Vectorman

Banned
One of my fav GOT posters:
s-l1600.jpg

Btw, what are the best GOT podcasts? I know there are hundreds and I've started with Game of Owns already but are there some that I'm you all like alot as well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What happened in the last pages of this thread ...did i miss something big ? Its like all Dany/Jon fan fic...i mean we know its happening at some point...but yeah, did we get some new confirmation?

Probably going to find Rhaegar's last will and testament, naming Jon as his legitimate heir. He was temporarily King between Aerys' death and his own, it'd be legit. Although I'd find it more likely that Howland Reed might have it, perhaps it was on Lysanna in the ToJ and Ned entrusted it to him.

I still doubt something like that could be found at the citadel. I think Bran will be the one to tell Jon who his parents are.

I think it'll just be for closure, after everything Jon's been through as a Snow I doubt he'd change that swiftly. A secret bastard of a Dragon prince is good enough, considering the only reason he was a secret was because Robert would have killed him, regardless if he was legit or not. It's his ''blood'' that's important.

He'll will always be a ''Stark''. No Iron Throne in his future nor riding a dragon or any of that bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom