• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yunbuns

Honestly Daenerys can take out Eurons entire ships by herself

Yeah I've been wondering why doesn't she just go burn all of Euron's ships down to save the Unsullied like she did with the slavers in the Meeren.

- Dany is f'd up and I don't know if the writers realize they're making her seem egomaniacal and now entirely maniacal. There's zero reason to root for her besides looks as far as I can tell. She keeps magically gaining these followers but we never actually see her earning any sort of loyalty besides with, you know, her nukes.

I actually did want Jaime to kill her when I first watched the episode tbh.

Dany doesn't have the gold, it all made it to King's Landing. Tarley said as much.

Btw, good on Dickon for saving Jaime. I guess it's just Papa Tarley that's the asshole.

I couldn't tell if it was Dickon or Bronn but a few people said it was Bronn.

To me it looked like it was someone wearing shiny armor not leather.

OrionX

WHEW! That was intense! Please don't park your dragon and try to give it medical attention in the middle of a battlefield ever again my Queen! :(

tenor.gif

Season one call backs of Arya trying to get back into Kings Landing as a kid were funny as hell.

Amazing dragon scene, that's how I imagine having that thing would go down. Bronn should have been dead three times over, but eh.

I'm now convinced that the writers are setting Danny up to be evil and self indulgent on her power trip. I'm very happy about this, because that makes me feel extremely vindicated for my feelings of wanting her to fail.

Cersie is going to protect the realm from the fucking napalm dropping death machines and the horde of Mongolians destroying everything.
This is just plain fucking ridiculous. Are you feeling bad that Dany took out her enemies? What are you feeling bad about?

Poor horsies tho.

You must have missed all the throat cutting and killing. Aside from the initial attack, Drogon was mostly targeting wagons.

Except for the fact that most people were burned alive or killed by explosions. Why didn't she just attack with all three dragons?

7he Talon

I wonder how long it took Dany's army to march across Westro's to find the Lannister army? I've lost all perception of time at this point when it comes to this series.

jediyoshi

Neat that Bronn got a Jon/battle of the bastards long shot during the battle.

Nice to see all the characters coming back together now that the show is reaching its end. Weird to think the season is already half past over.

They tipped their hand too early. They showed everyone their anti-dragon ballista and now they can prepare for it.

The dragons can just fly low - Drogon was skimming over the water on his first approach. Bron couldn't see him until he climbed up to make another run.

Tyrion is starting to wise up and figuring out his hope for a different type of ruler is misguided.

You fucked up bro, you're the hand of the Mad Queen

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What do you guys think Littlefinger was plotting when he saw Arya fight? His mind was thinking something you could tell.

Griss

Jamie killing Dany would have been one of the all-time shocking plot twists. Yes it would have ruined the story but fuck if I wasn't rooting so hard for it. Bronn and Jamie make me support the Lannisters despite Cersei's evil ways. Well, that and the fact that Dany is Dany.

EDIT: Also a direct hit from the ballista would clearly fuck the dragon up. They just got the connection between the body and the wing. Not good enough.

I wonder what that cut away shot with Bron was supposed to mean when he fell off his horse and the money spilled on the ground? He seemed to chose to stay and fight to try and kill the dragon instead of taking the money and running. Is it just supposed to show that he is the ultimate bro and is just trying to protect Jamie? Well he ultimately saved him in the end from the dragon too.

My reading of that scene was that Bronn actually felt in danger of his life and chose pure survival over the gold.

VeeP

What was up with Sansa's reaction to Arya training and being a badass? I was thinking maybe she was shocked by how much everyone changed, but she looked more annoyed tbh.

What was up with Sansa's reaction to Arya training and being a badass? I was thinking maybe she was shocked by how much everyone changed, but she looked more annoyed tbh.

She looked kind of jealous, but maybe she's weirded out another sibling came home and she doesn't recognize her as well.

Their small chat in the catacombs was kind of dry.

rtcn63

She does seem to have a weird idolization of Cersei (due to their similar circumstances), and Arya put her on the naughty list.

Ridli

Like every part of that Dany, Dragonrider was incredible. I'm still coming down off that.

Lannister soldiers were naught but ash flowing in the wind.

They tipped their hand too early. They showed everyone their anti-dragon ballista and now they can prepare for it.

The dragons can just fly low - Drogon was skimming over the water on his first approach. Bron couldn't see him until he climbed up to make another run.

I agree.

If that's all they've got as a deterrent, they'd better go back to formula.

Dre3001

What was Tyrion saying when Jaime was looking to grab the spear and attack Dany?

Sounded like he was saying "do it"

Is he turning on Dany?

That's what it was. I thought it was "chaos is a letter" kind of a knock on all the things little finger has done throughout the show.

Thanks for the clear up, that makes more sense.

What was Tyrion saying when Jaime was looking to grab the spear and attack Dany?

Sounded like he was saying "do it"

Is he turning on Dany?

He was calling him an idiot I thought.

I need to watch with CC on from now on.

gun_haver

This is just plain fucking ridiculous. Are you feeling bad that Dany took out her enemies? What are you feeling bad about?

Dany didn't just take out her enemies, she ambushed an army with her semi-invincible nuclear device and killed thousands of people indiscriminately. What does a war become when one side has absolutely no chance of surviving? There are lines, she's just crossed a big one, what's next?

qcf x2

Fuck man I got so hype when I thought Bronn was gonna do some pimp shit and take down a dragon.

Glad Daenerys didn't accomplish shit but take out a handful of pawns. What a tactician. Stay losing, dummy.

He got hype too, he clearly loves battle and this is like... the evolution of battle.

Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

Also Cersei will blame him for losing the gold I bet. Rift will begin next week between them if Jaime lives.

Cersei didn't cause it and the gold was not lost. It was almost definitely Jamie's call (and the right one) to siege the castle.

Kusagari

The more I think about it, the more I don't like the reaction to fucking dragons appearing. The army should have scattered like roaches after watching their compatriots get roasted.

Them calmly firing arrows during all this undersold how insane seeing a dragon should have felt for people in Westeros.

aBarreras

i mean, last week there were memes about how much the starks and jon have changed and there is Sansa that while she has suffered, she doesnt bring anything to the table,

arya is a master asssasin
bran is tree eye raven
jon is king and the prince that was promised

and there she is, just sansa

VeeP

She looked kind of jealous, but maybe she's weirded out another sibling came home and she doesn't recognize her as well.

Their small chat in the catacombs was kind of dry.

Yea it definitely seemed like jealousy, but I really can't tell why. She never wanted to be a Warrior like Arya. She wanted to be a queen, and she is.

BruceCLea

Banned
They better just use the dragons and Dothraki to seize any incoming food and supply shipments to King's Landing.

Cersei can last like a year in there.

That's what I'd do atleast.

Oscar

That episode was some fun shit. Bronn should have taken an L but hot damn, that dude is still kicking. So you guys thinking Tyrion might still do a swerve on us the way he was looking during that fight?
Naw, I think it just shows his humanity. That's his bro at the end of the day who let him escape King's Landing back when he was Cersei's prisoner. Blood runs thick.

He wasn't rooting for Jaime to kill Daenerys, he was saying "flee, idiot". He's got a soft spot for Jaime but wouldn't feel the same for Cersei.

Great episode.

Time for some dragon armor :)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The more I think about it, the more I don't like the reaction to fucking dragons appearing. The army should have scattered like roaches after watching their compatriots get roasted.

Them calmly firing arrows during all this undersold how insane seeing a dragon should have felt for people in Westeros.

I dunno, they all seemed pretty damn shook to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom