• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

tenor.gif
Fuck it's been so long I don't remember any of this. No wonder he was shook.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I got scared real quick when we got that quick cut of Bronn's gold pouch hitting the dirt when he fell off his horse. That was foreshadowing af and it caused me to kung-fu grip my drink during that ordeal.

Do you guys think Jamie is going to go back to Kings Landing and tell his sister he is giving up after what he had been through? Or try and convince her to give up, but see that his sister is crazy and finally see her for the true person she is?

This is just plain fucking ridiculous. Are you feeling bad that Dany took out her enemies? What are you feeling bad about?

I'm not feeling bad, I've always felt that Danny was on the cusp of being maniacal and egotistical.

Burning people alive is quite a shit way to go. That's her only play, the threat of utter annihilate with dragons. She came to this land thinking her dragons were going to let her take the throne without resistance, thinking everyone was going to flock to her. She thought she was better than everyone else, and now she's so desperate for the throne and to be queen, she's using her only power play.

So my point stands, I couldn't tell what the writers were really going for. Was she going to be set up as the queen to save the kingdom, or just another person who is desperate for the throne they think is somehow birthright?

We got our answer this episode.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
He got hype too, he clearly loves battle and this is like... the evolution of battle.

Cersei didn't cause it and the gold was not lost. It was almost definitely Jamie's call (and the right one) to siege the castle.

Cersei didn't cause that battle directly, but her actions are a large part of why they are where they are. Much more than Dany.

yunbuns

Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

What does this have to do with Cersei? Dany was coming regardless of who was on the Iron Throne and people would have died either way unless there was a weak king on the throne such as Tommen.

I'm thinking Jaime will survive but be held captive by Danny.

This will give dany time to assist Jon in the fight in the north ie tell cersie to stop the war or she kills Jaime.

Bronn will end up fighting alongside Jon I reckon. Tyrion will pardon him on the condition that he goes to fight the white walkers.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Even the little shots of Tyrion during the battle even though he was away from it were great.

yup, he probably did imagine this day after signing up for his job but damn seeing your people getting slaughter left and right like that gotta hurt.

Volimar

But yeah, that scene with Tyrian overlooking the battlefield in flames was definetly hinting that Dany may be the evil foreign invader certain people imagined.

I think it was more that he was part of that invading force now rather than a Lannister. He just watched his family's soldiers being killed partially due to him. That realization was a tough one.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
*preview spoiler here *

Dany didn't just take out her enemies, she ambushed an army with her semi-invincible nuclear device and killed thousands of people indiscriminately. What does a war become when one side has absolutely no chance of surviving? There are lines, she's just crossed a big one, what's next?
This is war. What do you want, for her to hug the enemy soldiers?

So many callbacks to earlier seasons this episode. Loved it.

Felt so damn bad for those poor Lannister soldiers haha. They didn't deserve to die in such a horrific way.

Also, fuck Cersei.

I'm starting to believe that Bran is the ultimate evil in this show. All of the Children patterns are based on circles. Bran exists out of time. I think that he's the person who was stabbed by them and is the NIGHT KING! Plus he put the thought of killing Littlefinger into Arya's head.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What does this have to do with Cersei? Dany was coming regardless of who was on the Iron Throne and people would have died either way unless there was a weak king on the throne such as Tommen.

Cersei is a monster. Her manipulating everything had a trickle down effect and it's a big reason why they are even fighting that battle in the first place. If Tommen was still king, I guarantee you that battle isn't happening right now.

Aikidoka

I'm not feeling bad, I've always felt that Danny was on the cusp of being maniacal and egotistical.

Burning people alive is quite a shit way to go. That's her only play, the threat of utter annihilate with dragons. She came to this land thinking her dragons were going to let her take the throne without resistance, thinking everyone was going to flock to her. She thought she was better than everyone else, and now she's so desperate for the throne and to be queen, she's using her only power play.

So my point stands, I couldn't tell what the writers were really going for. Was she going to be set up as the queen to save the kingdom, or just another person who is desperate for the throne they think is somehow birthright?

We got our answer this episode.

She's certainly egotistical, but I don't see how it would have been more ethical to let their armies just butcher each other with swords and arrows.

keenerz

In my head I'm kind of thinking this might end up in the usual trope of them fighting each other, till they have the common enemy then its gonna unite them. When vanquished they start to fight again or something. I hope to be proven wrong but we'll see.

Volimar

I wonder how long it took Dany's army to march across Westro's to find the Lannister army? I've lost all perception of time at this point when it comes to this series.

Dragonstone is quite near King's Landing and they were near enough to KL for the gold to arrive, so I doubt the horde marched all too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom