• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dany was more or less warned that just taking the throne because you could was not the way to go about doing things.

In many ways it seems obvious(if she survives this whole thing)Dany will tell Jon he should take the throne. Westeros is where he spent his life, he's a known man, and the people respect(and will respect him more when it's all over)him. Well, for now it's just those in the north.

Edit:

I see Dany telling Jon that she and her dragons will be there if she needs them.

Fuck outta here with Yas Queen bullshit. I'm sick of people who have unnaturally high negative disposition toward Dany for no discernible reason. It's a bitch eating crackers scenario with some of you. Suddenly we should care about lannister army because Dany is toasting them, right?

She started a war because she felt she was going to be better than everyone else.

Turns out she's not better than everyone else and the last remaining houses in the kingdom are collapsing because of her need to start a war in an already war ravished land.

I've always thought her invading Westeros was pointless really, she should have stayed in Essos and been a good queen there instead of laying waste to Westeros.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So yeah, it's Bronn saving Jaime
iwYxCwf.jpg

Jesus fuck, Drogon got way bigger since we saw him last. Maybe he really is fully grown now.

Someone needs to do a comparison with Balerion's skull but I'm thinking it'll be damn close.

Look I think Dany is a pretty terrible character and has had a lame progression after season 1. I also think Cerseis character is far more interesting. That being said debating about the ethics of Daenerys trying to take the iron throne from Cersei is hilarious. If she was doing this against Jon there might be a point

I think theyre showing his growth. When he dropped his sack of gold, he looked at it before running towards the ballista. He could have easily taken his money and ran off if he wanted to.
i thought that was more of a "which is more important: money or my life?" kind of moment.
idk if he could have ran away from that slaughter

So yeah, it's Bronn saving Jaime
yeah, i confirmed this earlier but idk if anyone noticed. it's plainly him

It isn't hard to understand, your take on it is just more simplistic. War isn't something you just handwave as 'ah well it's war so just do whatever you like'. That's isn't how it works, there are still rules, and no matter what war is a terrible thing that should be avoided at all costs.

Dany started this war because she felt like it and she's got firepower so far beyond her enemies it isn't even close to fair. She was not using it because Tyrion was advising restraint, it would be pretty heinous to just send the dragons out killing everyone. Then she started running into a little trouble, and said fuck it, let's just use our ultimate weapon. Not on King's Landing - yet - but she doesn't even seem conflicted about using the kind of power she has.

Them being soldiers is different than them being civilians, but they're still people. You don't just get a pass because they happened to be armed - and for all purposes, they were incapable of fighting back anyway. It ain't a fair fight, and it ain't right.

was it a fair fight when the Tarlys switched sides and helped the Lannister army slaughter the remenants of House Tyrell?

People are bitching yet the Lannisters were doing this shit.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4731821/got-wildfire-o.gif

something something fair fight

KHarvey16

She started a war because she felt she was going to be better than everyone else.

Turns out she's not better than everyone else and the last remaining houses in the kingdom are collapsing because of her need to start a war in an already war ravished land.

I've always thought her invading Westeros was pointless really, she should have stayed in Essos and been a good queen there instead of laying waste to Westeros.

Hahahaha

Jesus fuck, Drogon got way bigger since we saw him last. Maybe he really is fully grown now.

Someone needs to do a comparison with Balerion's skull but I'm thinking it'll be damn close.

you bring up a good point. i thought it was no contest that Balerion was much bigger but seeing Drogon in this episode makes me think otherwise

Bronn is the most battle savy person in the show. Of course he's gonna survive. He's been keeping his cool and paying attention to all the fire blasts to know when it's time to dive.
oh dude! one thing i forgot to mention is Bronn, even though I don't like him that much he's one of the best characters on the show, and I think this was the first time he was outsmarted - even in dirty fighting when the Dothraki soldier cut his horse's leg...Bronn eventually was able to kill that guy but he totally didn't see that coming.
A lot of interesting stuff in the last few pages of this thread. lol
oh? when is there not a lot of interesting stuff in the thread?

Kusagari

Dorne and the Tyrell's were already fucked because of the Lannister's. That's the entire reason they joined with Dany. You seem to just be caping for the Lannister's here. Almost everything you're talking about has to do with them. They were going to fuck things up whether Dany came or not.

Cersei still has stockpiles of wildfire, yes? There is no stopping her from using that and turn King's Landing into ashes if she see herself besieged. Plus she has all the gold and support of Iron Bank and the largest mercenaries in the Essos. Qyburn is mass producing anti-dragon missiles.

So far, Cersei is still holding all the cards.

Bran is getting entirely too good at sucking the fun out of the room. Also Littlefinger knows something is up with this kid. You don't just tell that man "Chaos is a ladder" for shits and giggles.

Ponn

Banned
Fuck outta here with Yas Queen bullshit. I'm sick of people who have unnaturally high negative disposition toward Dany for no discernible reason. It's a bitch eating crackers scenario with some of you. Suddenly we should care about lannister army because Dany is toasting them, right?

It's almost like the last 6 seasons and all the shit they have done never happened. Hell, they didn't really just wipe out the Tyrells. It was just a friendly visit and they were borrowing gold from them. Jaime put a shot of B-12 in Oleanna's wine, that wasn't poison silly.

Lannisters did nothing wrong!!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rewatching it right now:

Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Arya asked which 'lady Stark' was running Winterfell?

She knows her mother is dead and Sansa is the only female Stark left... so why ask for clarification?

one thing I will mention about Jon x Dany is that Dany did take Jon's advice. She was adamant about using her dragons, but she was gonna go to King's Landing with them. Instead, she took 1 dragon, to the Reach for revenge and to one up herself as she should be. We're halfway through the season so it's time to even the odds.

oh dude! one thing i forgot to mention is Bronn, even though I don't like him that much he's one of the best characters on the show, and I think this was the first time he was outsmarted - even in dirty fighting when the Dothraki soldier cut his horse's leg...Bronn eventually was able to kill that guy but he totally didn't see that coming.

Yea right about that and him not choosing the bag of gold already puts him leagues above other mercs.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Just read this on Twitter, great point:

How is the water so deep where Jaime fell? It was literally like 2 feet away from a shoreline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom