• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
iwYxCwf.jpg
This doesn't even seem that deep or severe. Slap some custom armor for the dragon and it should be good to go.

Plum

So Jon pretty much took:

Jorah's Dad

Jorah's families sword - Longclaw

Jorah's girl - Dany

He'll peobably give Jorah Greyscale again as well. Jon will accidentally drop some infected thing on Jorah's head as he steps off the boat at Dragonstone.

LotusHD

Banned
Fuck outta here with Yas Queen bullshit. I'm sick of people who have unnaturally high negative disposition toward Dany for no discernible reason. It's a bitch eating crackers scenario with some of you. Suddenly we should care about lannister army because Dany is toasting them, right?

Preach...

Dude wants Missandei so bad lmfao

Can you blame him though?

At first I thought he was being polite the first time they met, but yea, he thirsty af

Volimar

Rewatching it right now:

Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Arya asked which 'lady Stark' was running Winterfell?

She knows her mother is dead and Sansa is the only female Stark left... so why ask for clarification?

Could have been Jon or Bran or Rickon's wife for all she knew.

Maxim726X

One of the best episodes of the entire show, IMO.

Bron cheating death half a dozen times was a bit much, but you can overlook that in an episode that did so much right.

Dany hate shouldn't be a thing, what were they expecting?

Like, honestly? She wasn't going to use Drogon and the Dothraki, ever?

Some people were going to burn. This is now an ''example'' of how much power she wields.

Instead of melting castles and burning cities she caught the army on open field and had a decisive victory. However horrible the fate was for the Lannister and Reach armies, this will look good for Dany.

Steejee

this lol, everyone has a teleporter

Eh, the show has always been a little fuzzy about elapsed time. For all we know it could have been weeks between Jon advising Dany not to attack King's Landing and her attacking the Lannisters. The stuff in Winterfell is completely independent and could happen at all sorts of times.

I think this season it's just a bit more jarring because they're moving people really far without having other stories mixed in.

RE: Dany - She made a good call here. She roasted an army, who the fuck in Westeros is going to complain about that? Dany roasted an army that just sacked Highgarden, Cersei blew up the centerpoint of the people's faith and many of the faithful. Could Dany have stayed in Essos? Sure, but that would basically go against everything she been about from the start.

Fuck outta here with Yas Queen bullshit. I'm sick of people who have unnaturally high negative disposition toward Dany for no discernible reason. It's a bitch eating crackers scenario with some of you. Suddenly we should care about lannister army because Dany is toasting them, right?

back a while ago I think when I started posting here I was having discussions of Cersei being rational and how Margery & Dany were morally comparable

btrboyev

Rewatching it right now:

Did anyone else find it incredibly odd that Arya asked which 'lady Stark' was running Winterfell?

She knows her mother is dead and Sansa is the only female Stark left... so why ask for clarification?

It could be a trap and could be someone else taking the stark name. She doesn't know Sansa is alive.

rtcn63

#TeamDany

Also Jon isn't ”getting" Dany. They're related. At least, that's what I keep believing is the case.

Dany proposes to Jon.

Jon accepts.

Jon returns to Winterfell where Bran tells him they're related.

Jon calls up Dany and tells her oh snap we're family so no wedding but yeah you promised to help kill some night kings no backsies.

Balerion's skull was the size of a carriage, they say at various points. Not sure Drogon is there yet.

I might have gotten both those names wrong.

Rafy

#TeamDany

Also Jon isn't ”getting" Dany. They're related. At least, that's what I keep believing is the case.

Aren't the Targaryens famous for keeping the order of succession going through incest?

It has something to do with them wanting to keep the bloodline pure, if I recall correctly.

Kusagari

The Lannister's can apparently do whatever they have to when it comes to remaining in power. But Dany burning some fucking soldiers is over the line.

TTG

First really good episode of the season and the best battle of the series. Technically, battle of the bastards was on another level, but Dany on a dragon versus Bronn and Jaime!

I need that Jaime, Bronn, Tyrion scene next week, don't let them slink away back to King's Landing without saying hello.

Komatsu

So Danny moved one of the largest land armies ever seen in Westeros from Dragonstone to the Crown Lands next to King's Landing without being noticed? Almost as bad as Jon reaching Dragonstone from White Harbor (or East Watch?) in basically a couple of days. Ever since Season 5, the TV characters have found a way of teleporting from points A to B wherever they need to be in the map.

LordKasual

Banned
Bran is getting entirely too good at sucking the fun out of the room. Also Littlefinger knows something is up with this kid. You don't just tell that man "Chaos is a ladder" for shits and giggles.

It's deeper than that.

He didn't only suck the fun out of the room.

He just went for Littlefinger's throat. He now knows that he can't lie to him, nor manipulate him.

The only other thing that Bran said to Littlefinger was "Do you know who it belongs to?", in reference to the dagger. Littlefinger lied to him, Bran absolutely knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom