• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jaime look at someone turn to ash in front of his eyes?
I'm wondering if I saw that right.

I know people literally turned to ash but damn if that didn't make Jaime think he has to kill either Dany or Drogon.

The charge was stupid and brave of him, but I have to respect it. He saw a chance to end this destruction and went for it.

But like Tyrion said, it was stupid of him. Dany had everyone shook with Drogon. Those close ups to the Lannister soldiers and Dickon talking about murdering folk he knew..

And they say GOT glorifies violence...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Why dont Dany's other dragons get love too? It's always Drogon that gets screen time.
Notice how she was guiding Drogon around? It's easy to get them to focus on a single ship like in Mereen, but they'd be flying around on their own on a battlefield like that.

qcf x2

Dany has spent the entire series learning to be a proper ruler and essentially going through a checklist of different Targaryen personality flaws and learning to do the opposite. She isn't perfect by any means but she is probably the best option outside Jon Snow who doesn't want it or Tyrion who would never be allowed to have it.

No she hasn't. She has spent the entire series being petulant time and time again, reminding people of her supposed birthright time and time again, using her dragons to intimidate time and time again, shaming people who try to help her time and time again, and did I mention doing dumb shit time and time again? She has shown zero traits befitting of a ruler.

Cersei, for all her cruelty, ascended to the throne and knows how to be a politician and tactician. She is not fit to rule, but neither is Danerys, by all sensible standards. Then again, I'm not sure the 7 Kingdoms ever had a good regent.

bahamut.jpg
Dany summoned Bahamut...

Nameless

No one is talking about how Davos absolutely destroyed Jon this episode.

Jon: How many men do we have, ten thousand, less?

Davos: Fewer

Dude couldn't even read a couple years back and now he's slaying in the war on poor grammar. Stannis would be proud.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Look seriously screw all the haters. If your face didn't melt a little bit from the end of that episode I don't know what show you think you're watching at this point.

One of the most popular non "top main cast" was just killed in last week's episode.

I also thought for sure either Bronn, Jamie, or even both were going to be dead there as well but whatever

Good point, forgot about Olenna. Still though, she died quietly in a room in her castle.

Bronn almost superman-like defiance of death there was a bit much. He should have bought it the second his harpoon hit the dragon.

But then who would have saved Jamie? Bronn is a bit too heroic, this was his time to die.

That was an incredible battle, one of the best scenes on the show.

I do kind of think it's convenient that everyone of note survived, though. They threw the Jaime thing in there at the end to pretend any main characters were actually in danger but c'mon we know he's fine.

Plum

Look seriously screw all the haters. If your face didn't melt a little bit from the end of that episode I don't know what show you think you're watching at this point.

There was lots of fire at the end there but I'm pretty sure that can't escape the TV and melt faces.

No one is talking about how Davos absolutely destroyed Jon this episode.

Jon: How many men do we have, ten thousand, less?

Davos: Fewer

Dude couldn't even read a couple years back and now he's slaying in the war on poor grammar. Stannis would be proud.

As an English teacher, I loved those old scenes with Stannis the Grammarian. But there have been way too many callbacks like that this season.

That siege weapon looks like it supposed to take 3 men to operate and probably 5 minutes to load. It would also be so difficult to actually hit an airborne target with that thing. Bron single-handedly taking down a dragon on his second shot is a bit of a stretch.

Also, jamie is dead right? That's some deep water and he's wearing heavy armour.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Bronn can't die on account of the only acceptable ending is him, Tyrion and Podrick sipping wine at Bronn's castle.

Bronn came so close this episode I genuinely believed it was possible. Holy shit. I was rooting for no one. It was a genuinely confusing scene emotionally.

riotous

Banned
I'm just glad the things that bother people aren't bothering me; teleportation and plot armor don't distract me at all from the greatness. I have shows I hate-watch where I enjoy nit picking but with Game of Thrones I'm like a popcorn eating joe six-pack.

Why would he be not there? Jamie wanted to be with his soldiers who were left behind still gathering food wagons as a good commander.

Yes but the timeline doesn't make sense to me, it appears as if they JUST arrived, killed Olenna, and then were preparing to leave. That takes a few days tops. Dany hearing about this news would take up those days, and then taking her army there would take time too. It just doesn't make sense, unless Jamie and his army decided to stay at Highgarden for some time.

MercuryLS3

That was an incredible battle, one of the best scenes on the show.

I do kind of think it's convenient that everyone of note survived, though. They threw the Jaime thing in there at the end to pretend any main characters were actually in danger but c'mon we know he's fine.

I wish Jaime died so Cersei would be sad and miserable...before she (hopefully) dies a horrible death.

That siege weapon looks like it supposed to take 3 men to operate and probably 5 minutes to load. It would also be so difficult to actually hit an airborne target with that thing. Bron single-handedly taking down a dragon on his second shot is a bit of a stretch.

Also, jamie is dead right? That's some deep water and he's wearing heavy armour.

I'm pretty sure that if/when Jamie dies, there isn't going to be any question about it. It will be absolutely spectacular and obvious.

OrionX

Btw somebody's definitely getting killed by Arya's new dagger. Who will it be?

A. Littlefinger
B. Cersei
C. Night King
D. All of the Above

I'm still blown away by the Dokrathi.

Yea, Drogon got most of the glory, but holy shit that opening charge.

When they climbed up on their saddles to get a better angle with their arrows over the Lannister shield wall, I was like - God Damn.

riotous

Banned
So what was the purpose of destroying all of the food? So now nobody can eat?

I kind of assumed to send a message and fuck with Cersei.. it might not be a bright move but it's a show of strength; I imagine the Dothraki aren't too keen on carrying wagons full of grain somewhere either.

Bronn came so close this episode I genuinely believed it was possible. Holy shit. I was rooting for no one. It was a genuinely confusing scene emotionally.

Agreed. I even turned to my wife at one point during the battle and I was like "If Jamie and Bronn weren't here right now I'd be cheering". But I didn't want them to die and at the same time I was rooting for Dany (can't believe I'm saying this) to win.

It was an incredible battle but very difficult emotionally. One of the few times I really didn't want to see any of the "main players" be killed

Werd

So what was the purpose of destroying all of the food? So now nobody can eat?

Well I mean they were plotting to barricade the port at King's Landing and long term siege the city, no? Burning supplies just hastens that idea, as harmful as it may be entering Winter. Seems like she could have just taken the carts back with her, but they were close to King's Landing so I don't know maybe they are going to leave quickly.

Plus this seemed like a very long train of carts, didn't destroy that many in the greater scheme. I definitely noticed it as it was going on though so yeah kind of trying to justify it myself, was a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom