• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lautaro

Gold not there yet, it was on his way, Cersei was discussing this. Unless i miss somewhere a part when we saw the gold arrive, it was not there yet

I assume the gold is in a carriage that was burning but still going while Jaime looks at it. I don't know if that means the gold is recoverable or its gone.

molnizzle

I assume the gold is in a carriage that was burning but still going while Jaime looks at it. I don't know if that means the gold is recoverable or its gone.

Gold made it. They were telling Jaime how the last of the gold was through the gates at King's Landing before Dany attacked.

Y'all time travel complainers should pay more attention to the dialogue. lol

BasilZero

co1zEmO.gif

Dayum sons!

This is by far my fav episode so far this season lol.

Someone ITT mentioned that the Scorpion's bolts might have been poisoned.

I didn't consider that. It's gonna be lame if one of the dragons is already down. I want to see all three going ham at once.

Btw somebody's definitely getting killed by Arya's new dagger. Who will it be?

A. Littlefinger
B. Cersei
C. Night King
D. All of the Above
Probably just A, maybe A and B. Hoping for a Mission Impossible 2 moment with Arya where she tricks the enemy into killing one of their own.

y0jXkg.gif

Loxley

I'm still blown away by the Dokrathi.

Yea, Drogon got most of the glory, but holy shit that opening charge.

When they climbed up on their saddles to get a better angle with their arrows over the Lannister shield wall, I was like - God Damn.

As an archery nerd it was pretty cool to see some east-asian/Mongolian horse archery techniques on display, you don't really ever get to see those in TV/films.

I wonder if they can ever touch up the early CGI. Also, do they have deleted scenes/extended episodes? Does anyone know if they do?

I am wanting to rewatch the series, but I just get way too anxious and impatient for everything to unfold knowing what happens.

If they do successful spinoffs, do people not agree GoT will be this gen's Star Wars?

There are deleted scenes, and I wonder why they ever deleted this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXJlUIQP94

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What I thought was cool is Tyrion was both concerned for Dany and his brother. Shows he still has feelings for his family.

golem

Yeah, Baelish is still the greatest wild card for me. He's been too smart - too ahead of everyone else in this series for me to let down my guard.

I would be shocked (and rather disappointed) if Littlefinger doesn't have a couple more tricks up his sleeve (although all-seeing Bran might hurt this a tad...)
Lf probably heard from Sansa how different Brans been acting and pulled out the dagger to elict a reaction. Wonder what he makes of it

Phased

Finally got to see the Dragons in actual combat, and burning some ships doesn't count.

Feels a lot like half of the buildup thats been going on for 7 seasons now, the Dragons arriving at Westeros. The other half being the White Walkers which will probably happen as well, and the last season will be all out war.

Great episode, lots of payoff that they have been setting up for years now.

-griffy-

Banned
We should also talk about the wizardry of Djawadi turning Rains of Castemere into a mournful, tragic song in that battle instead of the signal of Lannister dominance and fuckery.

This episode is full of awesomeness. The production value is off the chart. I was a fucking idiot to watch this greatness on my shitty laptop screen.

I don't even know where they go with things to top tonight. Daenerys isn't going to all out attack Kings Landing so I wonder what the finale battle this season will be

molnizzle

There was a wagon with gold in it that Jamie opened up to get some for Bron.

-Where was that going?

Days and/or weeks passed between that scene and the Dragon attack.

I don't get how the gold made it if Cersei said Jamie was hand delivering it and the Iron Bank kept mentioning how they would support Cersei, as soon as the gold arrived.

That conversation was before the gold had arrived.

RDreamer

The cave reveal music sounded so much like the Jurassic Park music when they get there on the jeep and everything. The first few notes sounded like it was about to go into that, and I had quite a laugh.

I don't even know where they go with things to top tonight. Daenerys isn't going to all out attack Kings Landing so I wonder what the finale battle this season will be

Wildlings vs White Walkers, probably?

Plum

Why won't she? I'm fully expecting Dany taking Kings Landing (or ruining it) to be the climax of the season with a major white walker cliffhanger. At the rate things are going I can't see Cersei on the Iron Throne to last any longer than the end of the season.

I don't get how the gold made it if Cersei said Jamie was hand delivering it and the Iron Bank kept mentioning how they would support Cersei, as soon as the gold arrived.
I mean, Randyll Tarly literally told Jamie that the golds made it past to the gate of Kings Landing. Logic tells me the golds are safe inside Kings Landing.

riotous

Banned

Jamie might have come close to delivering it; and then went back to meet up with Bron who had been going around the kingdom collecting grain.

The fact they had the grain was meant to show that time had passed in between the gold scene and the battle.

reKon

Banned

Like when are we ever going to get another budget like this for a high quality show?

Everything in this episode was satisfying as fuck

Arya needs to be nerfed a bit. She's maxed on everything, but strength and has some additional extra arsenal for the "special" enemy type

For Bran, since he sucks as a human, they need to at least giving him good lines so I can laugh during his parts. He was pretty pretty much like "wtf am I am going to do bruh, I'm a cripple. Bran with the real talk

This aggressive head on attack has taught Dany a lot obviously because she has an idea of what she's dealing with on the opposition. It's going to interesting how all this plays out over the next few episodes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I loooove the shot of that person that got turned into just ash being blown away by Drogon's wings as it flew by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom