• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw somebody's definitely getting killed by Arya's new dagger. Who will it be?

A. Littlefinger
B. Cersei
C. Night King
D. All of the Above

LF seems like a good bet to me. He thought he could worm his way into a better position by whispering in Sansa's ear, but it's falling apart quickly for him. And whenever Dr. Branhattan provides some revealing info on him to Arya and/or Sansa.....

-griffy-

Banned
Look at this shit though
IgFZbu0.gif

I'm still blown away by the Dokrathi.

Yea, Drogon got most of the glory, but holy shit that opening charge.

When they climbed up on their saddles to get a better angle with their arrows over the Lannister shield wall, I was like - God Damn.
What's more impressive is that the most of Lannister army still kept formations even after Drogos rained down fireballs upon them. Tyrion wasn't joking when he said Lannister army is the most disciplined army in the Westeros.

Plus it wasn't even an entire Lannister army, but just small group left behind to gather food.

Swarlee

As said amazing episode that contained so many payoffs that they have been building towards.

My take from the scene with Sansa watching her sister fight Brienne was that she was jealous of Arya and her strength. It almost seemed like she flashed back to her weaker self before all this started. Little finger is going to jump on that.

Btw somebody's definitely getting killed by Arya's new dagger. Who will it be?

A. Littlefinger
B. Cersei
C. Night King
D. All of the Above

Littlefinger lusts after Arya, you could see it. I just dont understand his role anymore, as he seems like a really weak D-Tier celebrity. I don't know if they still plan for him to do wicked sneaky things, or if he's just lost control, but it seems LF and Arya will have something going on.

Also, going by the previews, it really feels as if they are playing up
Dany losing control and getting power hungry.

Sephzilla

Littlefinger is almost definitely going to try and play games with the Starks while Jon is gone and now that Bran and Arya are back it's almost certainly going to backfire on him.

Jesus fuck, Drogon got way bigger since we saw him last. Maybe he really is fully grown now.

Someone needs to do a comparison with Balerion's skull but I'm thinking it'll be damn close.

Balerions Skull was bout 5x the size of Cersei

Drogons skull is no where near that big. Balerion would be about the size...of 3 2-story houses stacked right next to each other.

MercuryLS3

I can't wait to buy the whole series on blu ray and watch some of these scenes in perfect quality on my TV. This scene in particular requires it.

Littlefinger lusts after Arya, you could see it. I just dont understand his role anymore, as he seems like a really weak D-Tier celebrity. I don't know if they still plan for him to do wicked sneaky things, or if he's just lost control, but it seems LF and Arya will have something going on.

Personally I think he fears Arya in that moment after seeing her skills and the suspicious way she looked at him, after initially having a look like he might be able to plan something, rather than lusts after her, especially once she looked him. It looked like he forced himself after swallowing hard to give her that head nod.

Littlefinger is almost definitely going to try and play games with the Starks while Jon is gone and now that Bran and Arya are back it's almost certainly going to backfire on him.
Yeah, Baelish is still the greatest wild card for me. He's been too smart - too ahead of everyone else in this series for me to let down my guard.

I would be shocked (and rather disappointed) if Littlefinger doesn't have a couple more tricks up his sleeve (although all-seeing Bran might hurt this a tad...)

I think that was mostly a proper good episode. The Stark stuff in the beginning, the Bronn / Jamie stuff and then the battle. The Dany / Jon stuff drags but that's to be expected and we're not getting away from that any time soon.

Robert was worried about the Dothraki all the way back in episode 2. Kind of surreal that they were finally in action.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Look seriously screw all the haters. If your face didn't melt a little bit from the end of that episode I don't know what show you think you're watching at this point.
I fist pumping like a mad man. I was whollering, I was jumping from the coach, I had tears streaming down my face.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Fuckface needs his humble moment. Hopefully, with Brans rejections of the dagger, and with the stark siblings obviously looking through the offer, shit happens

HF2014

The gold had already been dropped in King's Landing. Watch again.

The timeline has never been screwed up, they're just skipping over the boring travel for dramatic effect. Everything lines up.

Gold not there yet, it was on his way, Cersei was discussing this. Unless i miss somewhere a part when we saw the gold arrive, it was not there yet

Plum

I want to hear Bran's review of this battle in the next episode.

"Bran we heard a great battle happened down South! Can you tell us anything about it?"

"Well to be honest I don't find the timeline too feasible and the water shouldn't be that deep and why did Dany destroy all that food, does she want to starve? "

"What the fuck, Bran."

Sephzilla

Yeah, Baelish is still the greatest wild card for me. He's been too smart - too ahead of everyone else in this series for me to let down my guard.

I would be shocked (and rather disappointed) if Littlefinger doesn't have a couple more tricks up his sleeve (although all-seeing Bran might hurt this a tad...)
Littlefinger is almost certainly going to underestimate Dr Branhattan

MG310

Thanks for replies.

Yeah, I’m just not excited about the scorpion/ballista plot point. Assume 30 of ‘em, still don’t understand their lack of verticality, coupled with the altitude to which the dragons can fly, just doesn’t seem exciting. Wish we had something else. I’d even take something more fantasy-based than something trying to be rooted in reality.

The dragons at least seem limited by the range on their fire so enough of the scorpions could keep their ground troops safe.

molnizzle

Gold not there yet, it was on his way, Cersei was discussing this. Unless i miss somewhere a part when we saw the gold arrive, it was not there yet

They literally were just telling Jaime how the last of the gold was through the gates at King's Landing before the Dothaki showed up. Jaime and the rest of them were supervising the remaining soldiers with the food transportation. That's why Sam's dad suggested whipping stragglers to get them to pick up the pace.

"Bran we heard a great battle happened down South! Can you tell us anything about it?"

"Well to be honest I don't find the timeline too feasible and the water shouldn't be that deep and why did Dany destroy all that food, does she want to starve? "

"What the fuck, Bran."

Oh my god

Lol

Say what you want about the show directors/writers, but when it comes to showing the dragons on screen, they are unmatched.

Smaug in the Hobbit movie wasn't as impressive as Drogon or his brothers in GoT. I can't think of another movie with a dragon in it that looked this awesome.

sangreal

You missed the discussion between Jaime and Lord Tarly before the battle

Gold was already inside the gates

I can't wait to buy the whole series on blu ray and watch some of these scenes in perfect quality on my TV. This scene in particular requires it.

I wonder if they can ever touch up the early CGI. Also, do they have deleted scenes/extended episodes? Does anyone know if they do?

I am wanting to rewatch the series, but I just get way too anxious and impatient for everything to unfold knowing what happens.

If they do successful spinoffs, do people not agree GoT will be this gen's Star Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom