• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The One and Done™;245574724 said:
Ah I missed that. It doesn't make sense how that happened though...oh well
The golds were sent along with the bulk of Lannister soldiers and the rest stayed to get the food. I mean there was as a 5-7 minutes long scene banter between Jamie and Bronn when they were talking about this.

dPeAsKc.gif
image.php

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
About the gold being at KL:

Game of Thrones foreshadows a lot, and they rarely do it without purpose. There was so much of the foreshadowing of that gold, I still have a hunch somehow, some way Braavos doesn't get that gold.

I mean, c'mon. When Cersei said "the gold's not here yet, it'll be here soon" it to me was like in horror movies when the idiot says "I heard a noise, I'm gonna go check it out. I'll be right back."

Surely, I can't be the only one here who felt that way.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
HBO app sucks ass. Amazon Prime stream is 10x better. Not sure if their 7 day free trial is still going but check it out

I agree, just figured this out today. Watching The Wire and got tired of HBO Go's shitty app and moved to Amazon. Quality was so much better it was crazy.

The loss of his money. And the realization he basically didn't give a shit about that ultimately. He still got on the scorpion to take down Drogon. And I had NO idea who to root for.

Yeah, that was so confusing!

Also since someone else mentioned it too, I figured the gold spilling out would mean something else like this was it for him, but seeing it again it was really all about how he was willing to leave it when he saw it spilled out there after getting thrown off.

Cipherr

Also, what the hell is up with raven carriers in this series. News travels so fast. Does no one care to kill these ravens. Do these ravens always make their deliveries.

Are you guys serious with this shit?

I guess its just a personality thing. Who in the actual fuck watches 7 seasons of a show about dragons, magical children people and zombies and seriously gets distracted about miniscule shit like this. I mean WOW. Its really hard for me to understand... Like, if you want the actual answer its because.

NONE OF THIS SHIT IS REAL. Thats why... Like, none of its real. Thats why the ravens are so fast, and never get lost, and never abandon their mission to deliver a message, or get shot down, or or or or...

Game of Thrones foreshadows a lot, and they rarely do it without purpose. There was so much of the foreshadowing of that gold, I still have a hunch somehow, some way Braavos doesn't get that gold.

I mean, c'mon. When Cersei said "the gold's not here yet, it'll be here soon" it to me was like in horror movies when the idiot says "I heard a noise, I'm gonna go check it out. I'll be right back."

Yeah Im assuming the loss of the food Cersei was planning on getting is going to create a deficit she wasn't ready for, and somehow shes not going to be able to pay that debt now.

Yeah idk. Also, what did Bron say to him that changed his expression when he got the dagger? Couldn't really make it out. Can't seem to understand why Littlefinger had that shit eating grin when Arya was sparing against Brienne either.

"Chaos is ladder." It's the same phase that little finger said to Varys long time ago.

Mimosa97

The One and Done™;245574824 said:
They're doing just fine so far. Have faith.

I do have faith but there's going to be a massive war on 2 fronts + all the personal quests and stories + all the stupid shit in-between and just 9 episodes to go :(

I will say though...

that article from last November seems have confirmed almost everything that's happened this season. Script leak or whatever...I'm looking at it now and just....ugh

Normally I'd be all against incest and be weirded the hell out by it.

But at this point its so ingrained in Game of Thrones it's like the only show / movie I could just shrug it off and say "eh whatever"

Weird but idk it doesn't bother me that much with Dany and Jon

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah, the choice to show the ashes of the soldiers a lot was a good one. Very unsettling and just adds a lot to the terror of the dragons.

This scene sold the might of dragons in a huge way. So well directed... really impressed by this.

NimbusD

Fuck......

The craziest part about this is that that guy who Bronn pulled the sword from was pinned by a Lannister sword. The Dothraki don't use straight swords.

they would if they grabbed it just like he did? many bigger holes in this episode than that lol, like jaime falling into an unending abyss a mere 2 feet away from where he was on shallow water.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Also, what the hell is up with raven carriers in this series. News travels so fast. Does no one care to kill these ravens. Do these ravens always make their deliveries.
n4yq7wo.gif

"Always deliver."

they would if they grabbed it just like he did? many bigger holes in this episode than that lol, like jaime falling into an unending abyss a mere 2 feet away from where he was on shallow water.
Not even a plot hole, more like, the Dothraki are so goddamn brutal that they pin enemies with their own swords.

Yup. I think that's why I assumed it got taken in the battle

No one is talking about how awesome Arya's skills are? Girl is getting as OP as 3 dragons put together.

I actually think that she's going to kill Qyburn first vs Cersei, mainly so they can take care of the brains first.

Now we really know why the world is scared of a Dothraki horde.

The look on their faces as the Horde and Dragon were coming at them was everything. Even Bronn was like "whelp, this is an L". KDR for them was like 5:1.

Of course it's acceptable. And seriously, of all the terrible shit being done to people on this show you think using dragons on enemy soldiers is a war atrocity? Jamie just sent Bronn and Tarley to steal food from farmers. Does that make it onto your atrocity list?

The reason people get frustrated with these kinds of things is because the push back against this character has always been there, but it seems the reason is always changing from one ridiculous double standard to the next.

Basically this. Cersei blew up her enemies and let her son commit suicide, this is after her brother pushed Bronn out of a window.

Dany can burn them all. Their power is based on no one else being as strong, and now they've met someone who is stronger and just as ruthless.

I agree with this. She definitely can't just fly into KL and she knows it

Eh, my guess is that Tyrion has probably mentioned the wildfire stores. Don't think they were all used in the Sept of Balor. Between that and Arya going to get Qyburn, this one is all but over.

Do we think Jamie kills Cersei after she gives the order?

-griffy-

Banned
[TW]Stone;245575212 said:
Lol the dragons wing passes right through the tree. The tree doesn't even shake

There's two trees, it passes under the taller tree and skims the top of the shorter tree, shaking the top of it.

Mimosa97

I guess its just a personality thing. Who in the actual fuck watches 7 seasons of a show about dragons, magical children people and zombies and seriously gets distracted about miniscule shit like this. I mean WOW. Its really hard for me to understand... Like, if you want the actual answer its because.

NONE OF THIS SHIT IS REAL. Thats why... Like, none of its real. Thats why the ravens are so fast, and never get lost, and never abandon their mission to deliver a message, or get shot down, or or or or...

Yeah but what about the maths man? What about the fucking maths???

I agree with you completely. I never gave a fuck about this kind of stuff.

Thanks for replies.

Yeah, I’m just not excited about the scorpion/ballista plot point. Assume 30 of ‘em, still don’t understand their lack of verticality, coupled with the altitude to which the dragons can fly, just doesn’t seem exciting. Wish we had something else. I’d even take something more fantasy-based than something trying to be rooted in reality.

they won't just line up 30 in a row, they'll be placed all over.

diving in at one should means it's in the vertical range of several others.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Someone asked earlier what was Littlefinger's motivation by giving Bran the dagger:

It would be funny if Littlefinger for the first time ever decided to actually be good and then the episode later he gets killed.

Of course, not gonna happen, but it would be funny if that was like the first thing he did under the goodness of his heart, and then Arya knifes him.

I was half joking, but I don't see how "this show is fake" is a good counter argument.

I can accept magic and dragons if the show is going to establish them and I can also question why they are sending a bunch of ravens that act as a critical intel for this show, when that intel plays a part in the teleportation issue that seems to be jarring to some of the syncing between scenes. Those are not inconsistent.

Im still not sure how and when Dany sends her Dothraki to take on Jamie's army, as it seems like Jamie's army just got into Highgarden and were on their way out.

Shoutout to Matt Shakman for this directorial performance too.

When I heard Miguel Sapochnik wasn't going to direct any episodes this season, I was devastated.

Shakman certainly stepped in and filled that gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom