• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest criticism of these later seasons is how now circumstances are so convenient for the characters that need to live. Jaime and Bronn will escape unscathed, of course. The show used to make few accommodations for main characters, and that's what made it so compelling. Anyone could die at any moment.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Are you guys serious with this shit?

I guess its just a personality thing. Who in the actual fuck watches 7 seasons of a show about dragons, magical children people and zombies and seriously gets distracted about miniscule shit like this. I mean WOW. Its really hard for me to understand... Like, if you want the actual answer its because.

NONE OF THIS SHIT IS REAL. Thats why... Like, none of its real. Thats why the ravens are so fast, and never get lost, and never abandon their mission to deliver a message, or get shot down, or or or or...
We had this discussion a few pages back.
Messenger pigeons were a real thing even in world war II. The pigeon Paddy flew 230 miles across the channel in under 5 hours. The germans did try and kill the pigeons generally by using trained hawks, shooting a pigeon is pretty difficult even with a gun. You send multiple birds so that you can lose some and still get your message out. The ravens are just a take on a normal real life thing.

There was a scene in this episode where for a short while you can loudly hear a Raven.

But going through the episode now I can't find it, did this happen or not?

I remember thinking, oh shit, Bran is watching...But I can't even remember which scene it was.

MG310

There was a scene in this episode where for a short while you can loudly hear a Raven.

I remember thinking, oh shit, Bran is watching...But I can't even remember which scene it was.

Littlefinger on the balcony right after the Arya/Brienne sparring session IIRC.

-griffy-

Banned

Littlefinger was lurking about standing next to a raven cage at some point.

Kadayi

Banned
Game of Thrones Timeline complaints are the new "Third Act of Comic Book movie is bad"

Yeah, it's pretty tedious. I don't get why it's so hard to envisage that between episodes, hell even between scenes, weeks or months may have passed. I mean jez, think about episode 2 with Jorah getting his skin peeled off and then episode 3 getting the all clear from the Maester. That's not an overnight situation. Sam didn't cover him in Citadel insta-heal skin regenerator.

Anyway, that battle was fucking glorious. However, I liked how conflicted I got. Bronn, Dragon, Bronn, Dragon..........

Island

It's when Littlefinger is looking out from the deck. Can't remember if it's when he watching Arya fight.

I noticed it too because it was quite loud. Maybe Bran creeping on him?

Gleethor

Dunno why people admit to reading it here. Basically means they can't post anything in this thread but reactions, as any speculation will clearly be spoilers.

Only thing I'll say about it: there are plenty of regular posters in both threads that admitted to reading it on this website (I just checked the original thread, that was fun) that continue to speculate about things they already know. It is extremely annoying and probably difficult to moderate.

Nydius

I don't get all the Bronn love. I was hoping he'd be dragon food this episode and was continually let down. I understand he's still a mercenary at heart but fuck that guy for being such a blatant turncoat. Like ok, yay, maybe he saved Jaime but if Dany offers Bronn more gold and a bigger castle, Bronn will stab the shit out of Jaime on the spot.

A lot of my friends on Facebook are losing their minds about Jaime. My response is always the same: No decapitated body or burnt-to-a-crisp body = no death. Unless there's definitive proof of death like a head on a spike, it's safest to assume the character is alive. The worst part is, given the showrunners' track record on events like this, we'll probably have to wait 2 episodes before we get a definitive answer.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't get all the Bronn love. I was hoping he'd be dragon food this episode and was continually let down. I understand he's still a mercenary at heart but fuck that guy for being such a blatant turncoat. Like ok, yay, maybe he saved Jaime but if Dany offers Bronn more gold and a bigger castle, Bronn will stab the shit out of Jaime on the spot.

He literally just jumped in front of a dragon to save Jamie's life and you're calling him a turncoat? lol

riotous

Banned
A lot of my friends on Facebook are losing their minds about Jaime. My response is always the same: No decapitated body or burnt-to-a-crisp body = no death. Unless there's definitive proof of death like a head on a spike, it's safest to assume the character is alive. The worst part is, given the showrunners' track record on events like this, we'll probably have to wait 2 episodes before we get a definitive answer.

What? Why would anyone think Jamie is dead? He was clearly saved in the end. They arent going to have him drown because of heavy armor lol. If anything it was more of a figurative scene.

Nydius

He literally just jumped in front of a dragon to save Jamie's life and you're calling him a turncoat? lol

He literally put his life on the line for Tyrion. Multiple times. How'd that work out for Tyrion? And did you watch the beginning of the episode where Bronn was already pretty pissy with Jaime for what Bronn considers being "underpaid".

Bronn IS a turncoat. That IS his character. If Dany gives him enough incentive, he would slit Jaime's throat on the spot. No questions asked.

Littlefinger on the balcony right after the Arya/Brienne sparring session IIRC.

Littlefinger was lurking about standing next to a raven cage at some point.

It's when Littlefinger is looking out from the deck. Can't remember if it's when he watching Arya fight.

I noticed it too because it was quite loud. Maybe Bran creeping on him?

Thanks, I'll have to listen for it during a full rewatch because skipping about throughout the episode isn't doing me any good in finding it.

Kadayi

Banned

Don't forget he forgot the gold and went to the Ballista instead.

What? Why would anyone think Jamie is dead? He was clearly saved in the end. They arent going to have him drown because of heavy armor lol. If anything it was more of a figurative scene.

Yeah, no doubt both he and Bronn are alive. The question is whether they are captured, by Dany or escape.

He literally put his life on the line for Tyrion. Multiple times. How'd that work out for Tyrion? And did you watch the beginning of the episode where Bronn was already pretty pissy with Jaime for what Bronn considers being "underpaid".

Bronn IS a turncoat. That IS his character. If Dany gives him enough incentive, he would slit Jaime's throat on the spot. No questions asked.
That's what feels weird to me regarding him needing to choose between his bag of gold and potentially slaying the dragon.

Like, I don't even see it as a choice between saving lives and getting gold. At that point, if he doesn't kill the dragon, he's not even likely making it out of the battle alive. He already chose to stick around to fight the Dothraki, even though with just them that was still a losing battle.

Don't forget he forgot the gold and went to the Ballista instead.
No way he's making it out of there alive if the dragon isn't slayed. No point in a bag of gold if he's dead. And no way he's killing that Dothraki with a bag of gold.

Einchy

Incorrect. His episodes are both epic AND great.

Like Hardhome wasn't great? Battle of the Bastards wasn't great?

Mark Mylod didn't direct those, Miguel Sapochnik did. Up to this point Mark Mylod had directed smaller episodes.

Tagg9

ihGzHOR.gif

Bronn is an opportunist and he's amoral.

He has stated before that he'll do what pays the best. He clearly wasn't satisfied with that gold, he wants a castle. Jaime has promised him one so he saved him.

That's how I see it, Bronn isn't a deep character.

Dude likes to fight, fuck and wants a castle, he's a simple man really, lol.

Zabka

You are not correct. 2k mastering means the highest quality version of those assets in existence is 2k. They can upscale them to 4k which may trick the untrained eye into thinking it looks better.

An uncompressed 2K DI will lose detail being compressed to fit Blu-ray's lower resolution, color and storage space. Much more room to breathe in a 4k Blu-ray.

zewone

Bronn is an opportunist and he's amoral.

He has stated before that he'll do what pays the best. He clearly wasn't satisfied with that gold, he wants a castle. Jaime has promised him one so he saved him.

That's how I see it, Bronn isn't a deep character.

Dude likes to fight, fuck and wants a castle, he's a simple man really, lol.

Bronn isn't that one dimensional.

He has a genuine friendship with both Jaime and Tyrion.

Bronn isn't that one dimensional.

He has a genuine friendship with both Jaime and Tyrion.

Sure, but if Jaime told him to kill Tyrion and offered him X amount of gold, and Tyrion countered that offer with twice as much and Jaime couldn't match it. Bronn would kill Jaime.

RocBase

still shaking from this episode

STILL SHAKING!!!!!

- starks coming together and looking more dangerous by the second (lol @ whatever littlefinger's got plotting, good luck executing that with 3 eyed bran and cut throat arya circling your scheming ass)

- arya and brienne officially being best buddies

- dothraki being on another level of badass with how they shot arrows from their horses

- fucking drogon FLAMING UP THE PLACE (and i dont even care for dany!!)

not a second was wasted in this episode. brilliance, through and through

lmaooooo

No one is talking about how awesome Arya's skills are? Girl is getting as OP as 3 dragons put together.
man... i wish, lol

Dokrathi climbing up on their running horse's saddles firing arrows was SICK AS FUCK!!

Even Legolas would be like, Holy Shit!
i know right!? he better take notes

Einchy

I love how many gifable moments there were in this episode. Seems like the whole episode has been posted in gif form by now.

So like... what if we're all wrong about whatever the secret of Jon's parentage is?

Like, I know literally every hint and bit of momentum is in the Targaryen camp, and I ultimately think that's what it will be, but what if it's not?

So many of our predictions and reactions to certain events (like Jon and Dany) are predicated on that assumption that is still, for the time being, an assumption.

Roussow

Etiquette question, obviously we can speculate in this thread, but should I spoiler tag stuff regarding the next time on preview and footage from trailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom