• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

nNr1RPa.gif

TuFLtlv.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Shoutout to Matt Shakman for this directorial performance too.

When I heard Miguel Sapochnik wasn't going to direct any episodes this season, I was devastated.

Shakman certainly stepped in and filled that gap.

I wonder what Sapochnik has been up to since then.
bgkFcPi.png

Oh, Miguel...

Mimosa97

The One and Done™;245574990 said:
I mean have you seen the two of them? That actually have on screen chemistry as well. Also since Jon came back from the dead it felt like he and Dany were destined.

Also whoever gave Emilia Clarke acting lesson during the summer should get a big bonus. Like jesus I used to cringe at a lot of her scenes because she was the worst actress of the cast but I've been enjoying her acting quite a bit during this season. Feels like she's finally got ridden of most of her annoying tics

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Yeah, that was so confusing!

Also since someone else mentioned it too, I figured the gold spilling out would mean something else like this was it for him, but seeing it again it was really all about how he was willing to leave it when he saw it spilled out there after getting thrown off.

Bronn is another great, memorable character filled with a show packed with great memorable characters.

I like how Jaime said he "couldn't beat a stable boy with my left hand" and then it shows him taking out like 5 dothraki in this episode haha.

Kind of seems dumb to bring the ballista along with them only to remember it's there after everything's already on fire. Jaime's like, lining up the archers and shit to fire at a dragon, even though historically they have to know that doesn't make any fucking sense.

Incredibly dumb that the ballista was still standing by that point as well. They show several shots of the carrivan, and there just so happens to be a tiny radius around the ballista that's not on fire for some reason. Even the ballista's got a plot shield.

Im still not sure how and when Dany sends her Dothraki to take on Jamie's army, as it seems like Jamie's army just got into Highgarden and were on their way out.
There's legitimate complaints to be made about this season, but most of the complaints I've seen so far, including this one, mostly come from you not paying any attention this episode.

Time has passed.

The Lannister army is on their way back from Highgarden, so much so that, as was mentioned in this episode, the carriage with the gold in it is within King's Landing's walls.

Not really in practice, you need to watch some 4K blu-rays if you think that. Plenty of 2K DI movies have gotten a ton of praise above their blu-rays.
That's not to say that those reviews don't sometimes say that it's softer than real native CG would be, but it can still look better than the blu-ray.
You are not correct. 2k mastering means the highest quality version of those assets in existence is 2k. They can upscale them to 4k which may trick the untrained eye into thinking it looks better.

For fucks sake, please don't mention the script leak and ESPECIALLY don't mention your reaction to the contents of said script leak.
Dunno why people admit to reading it here. Basically means they can't post anything in this thread but reactions, as any speculation will clearly be spoilers.

Einchy

Gif masters, can you gif Arya getting off the ground with that kick flip thing? I'm not sure what those are called but it was so badass.
For fucks sake, please don't mention the script leak and ESPECIALLY don't mention your reaction to the contents of said script leak.

Yeah, what the hell, guys. How hard is it to not talk about leaks?

Bronn is another great, memorable character filled with a show packed with great memorable characters.

Yup. It was damned hard when it was him vs the dragon, loving both of them, right after smiling a bit when he sneak arrowed that Dothraki that was relentlessly chasing him through the entire battlefield.

Ferrio

Banned
As much as I love the character I'm really annoyed at Bronn's plot armor. I understand the need for it, but man it irks me.

I hope bran regains his personality, because as of right now he doesn't show any compassion, no gratitude.
Bran died in the cave.

As much as I love the character I'm really annoyed at Bronn's plot armor. I understand the need for it, but man it irks me.
Watching the episode a second time, absolutely none of the Dothraki attempt to kill this man who's clearly arming a weapon to take down the dragon their queen is on, even though he's completely defenseless while doing it.

Anybody wanna gif him arming the ballista?

OrionX

He knows everything. I'm pretty sure he's just letting everyone play their role in the game of thrones to get to the outcome where the white walkers are stopped.

I'm sensing a lot of upcoming moments where we'll be like "why the fuck didn't Bran say something!?" and Bran will be like "I cannot interfere beep boop. I am merely here to observe and occasionally lend guidance boop bop."

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Yup. It was damned hard when it was him vs the dragon, loving both of them, right after smiling a bit when he sneak arrowed that Dothraki that was relentlessly chasing him through the entire battlefield.

Yeah that was pretty bad assed. Don't fuck with Bronn. Even dragons. Him taking the sword out the pinned dead dude and then using it to slice through a couple Dothraki. I was like yep, that's my Bronn. He takes NOONES shit. He was ready to go at the Hound.

televator

[TW]Stone;245575212 said:
Lol the dragons wing passes right through the tree. The tree doesn't even shake

It doesn't. The tree has a back half up high and a lower half closer to the foreground. The wing grazes the very top of the closer half and moves a top branch there.

Nice episode.

Great to see Sansa, Arya and Brann. Baelish being there keeps giving me bad vibes...

The battle was good, Daenerys gave the Lannister what they deserve.

You are not correct. 2k mastering means the highest quality version of those assets in existence is 2k. They can upscale them to 4k which may trick the untrained eye into thinking it looks better.

It's hardly only untrained eye reviewers reporting this and there are also other advantages on the format.
Yes I never said the CG doesn't top out and isn't upscaled.
And again they also point out that native 4K CG with the native 4K camera footage would look even better, and that the CG never is alone but with the live action footage, but they've been impressed by some 4K HDR blu-rays with 2K DI movie 4K blu-ray transfers vs some 4K DI movie 4K blu-ray transfers. It can still look better overall than the regular blu-ray was my only point with the in practice, not that a true 4K footage with true 4K CG version of it couldn't look even better.

Einchy

Lol, watching a reaction and these girls are freaking out 'cus they don't want Drogon to get killed, so they ask Bronn to die, but then realize they don't want that either. This episode is like watching mom and dad fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom