• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So many of our predictions and reactions to certain events (like Jon and Dany) are predicated on that assumption that is still, for the time being, an assumption.

No one thinks it's an assumption and everyone's reactions are with the knowledge that they're related, that's just not really important in this show.

Loxley

Also, was this the first time we saw Jaime do something genuinely stupid and ill-advised in a fight? He's normally a very level-headed character, but to charge at Dany like that while she's a foot away from her goddamn dragon was a level of poorly-thought-out tactics that I don't think we've seen from him before.

Then again I guess it was more of a last-ditch "I have no other options left so #YOLO" idea than anything.

Kadayi

Banned
Like, I don't even see it as a choice between saving lives and getting gold. At that point, if he doesn't kill the dragon, he's not even likely making it out of the battle alive. He already chose to stick around to fight the Dothraki, even though with just them that was still a losing battle.

Which even more undermines this notion of him being a turncoat. The guy knew they were fucked, and could have fled right when things went south straight away and likely made good distance, but stuck around instead to help Jaime.

Also, was this the first time we saw Jaime do something genuinely stupid and ill-advised in a fight? He's normally a very level-headed character, but to charge at Dany like that while she's a foot away from her goddamn dragon was a level of poorly-thought-out tactics that I don't think we've seen from him before.
He also instructed archers to fire at the dragon despite knowing that wouldn't do anything, also knowing they had a ballista.

zethren

Banned
So like... what if we're all wrong about whatever the secret of Jon's parentage is?

Like, I know literally every hint and bit of momentum is in the Targaryen camp, and I ultimately think that's what it will be, but what if it's not?

So many of our predictions and reactions to certain events (like Jon and Dany) are predicated on that assumption that is still, for the time being, an assumption.

It's not really an assumption. There was a clear cut from the infant to adult Jon, so it's confirmed that that infant was Jon.

Lianna was there in the tower giving birth. Who was she with before? Rhaegar. Who's men were outside the tower? Rhaegar's. They were ordered by him to protect her with their lives, one of the best knights in Westeros at the time.

Jon is 100% Rhaegar's son.

-griffy-

Banned
Someone needs to edit or do a comic of that Arya/Brienne scene so it ends with the Arnie/Carl Weathers epic bicep handshake.
giphy.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

That moment was awesome because Brienne thought she really hurt Arya, then Arya bounces right back up.

Can someone answer this for me:

I saw many people say the episode 5 preview showed Jon back in Winterfell. I just watched it 3 times and I only see him in Dragonstone...

For God's sake, craft some armour for Dany, Jesus. Maybe the Dragons need armour, too. However, we all know one of them has to die this season.

Amazing episode. I think the shorter runtime really helped. It is such a beautifully shot episode, even better than the last one. Loved all the fanservice and callbacks, nothing felt out of place. I don't even dislike Brandon, writers had a tough time selling him becoming the tree eyed raven, but I can see it now.

The shot of Jaime drowning and then black screen was amazingly done. I love when this show leaves to the credit in silence. Has so much more impact on dramatic scenes such as the Red Wedding back then.

Dreez

Arya is a fuckin beast. I thought she'd only be good at like assassin type kills but clearly she's a master swordsman too o_o

Also Brienne clearly sees Arya mean muggin Littlefinger

riotous

Banned
Sure, but if Jaime told him to kill Tyrion and offered him X amount of gold, and Tyrion countered that offer with twice as much and Jaime couldn't match it. Bronn would kill Jaime.

I find you read on Bronn strange; they went out of their way to show that Bronn isn't JUST a sellsword. He's a sellsword who likes money, women, and booze.. but he's got some loyalty in him.

It's not really an assumption. There was a clear cut from the infant to adult Jon, so it's confirmed that that infant was Jon.

Lianna was there in the tower giving birth. Who was she with before? Rhaegar. Who's men were outside the tower? Rhaegar's. They were ordered by him to protect her with their lives, one of the best knights in Westeros at the time.

Jon is 100% Rhaegar's son.

I mean yes, I agree that literally everything is pointing in that direction.

But until it's said, I just feel like it's not as much a defined fact.

Speaking of which, when are we gonna see Howland Reed?

Kickz

Jaime had his Glenn under the garbage can moment tonight.

I mean really, how the heck did that guy save him just before he got taken out by Dracarius...

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
So like... what if we're all wrong about whatever the secret of Jon's parentage is?

Like, I know literally every hint and bit of momentum is in the Targaryen camp, and I ultimately think that's what it will be, but what if it's not?

Incest is also not a problem for this show. But agree it's starting to feel it's not a correct assumption.

The scene with Bronn ground level surrounded by flames as Drogon flies over out of the smoke was nightmare fuel.

The scene with Tyrion watching his family get slaughtered was soooooo damn good. Peter Dinklage is an amazingb actor.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't understand what's so difficult about this motion that they had to CGI the face on a stunt double.

Like, if you pointed a camera at me and gave me a few tries at it *I* could do it, and I have shitty knees.
It's pretty hard. Lol

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I feel like the moments were great in this episode, but the episode felt very safe. No real lasting outcomes. Plot armor is in full effect. Even the dragon is safe. I don't know. I was sort of disappointed by the end.

I don't understand what's so difficult about this motion that they had to CGI the face on a stunt double.

Like, if you pointed a camera at me and gave me a few tries at it *I* could do it, and I have shitty knees.

What if she gets injured in that scene? They are working on a tight schedule as is, they don't want to risk anything at this point. And also, I doubt it's as easy as you say it is.

typist

What really breaks the suspension of disbelief more than anything is Bronn laughing at the name Dickon. Characters travelling vast distances in a single scene can be easily explained or waved away, just pretend there was some text in the corner which said "five weeks later." But Bronn laughing at the name Dickon? That makes absolutely no sense, it breaks all the rules of the fictional universe. Either the name Dickon is unremarkable, because Westerosi have some other word for male genitalia, or they don't, in which case no father or mother would ever name their son Dickon. Especially a father who is supposed to be some kind of military genius.

But otherwise a fun episode. Brienne taking such hard swings at Arya was a bit unbelievable too though, if she landed a single blow then Arya was probably dead

zethren

Banned
I mean yes, I agree that literally everything is pointing in that direction.

But until it's said, I just feel like it's not as much a defined fact.

Speaking of which, when are we gonna see Howland Reed?

Hoping we see Howland soon! Especially since Meera mentioned she needs to go be with family.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's pretty hard. Lol

I guess I've just been sort of practicing this sort of motion for fun when I get up from doing crunches and things over the last couple years. it's 90% inertia and 10% balance.
Which is *not* meant to be a stealth brag at all because as much as I try to get my stretches and workouts in every other day I still feel doughy and weak as hell.

Drogon so badass he can make stat moves do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom