• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

btw, can anyone explain what was up with sansa when she was watching arya and brienne fight? she looked kinda worried/nervous from what i gathered but i wasn't sure. and if she was im confused as to why she even would be?

sansa's actress is terrible

Tagg9

I don't understand what's so difficult about this motion that they had to CGI the face on a stunt double.

Like, if you pointed a camera at me and gave me a few tries at it *I* could do it, and I have shitty knees.

Yeah... I think you might be underestimating the difficulty of pulling off this move. Try it right now.

have no love for the dothraki so this was so fucking satisfying

0bMPCyZ.gif

Yeah, I smiled at this even though I couldn't really root for him when he was fighting the dragon.

The One and Done™;245577060 said:
The scene with Bronn ground level surrounded by flames as Drogon flies over out of the smoke was nightmare fuel.

The scene with Tyrion watching his family get slaughtered was soooooo damn good. Peter Dinklage is an amazingb actor.

Yeah that was a great shot.

Yup, love that guy.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Dunno, they showed a weird cut from Winterfell to Jon standing there in front of Dany's council telling them that Bran saw the night king.

Yeah, but that was clearly the Dragonstone war room. I mean, we've seen it a million times before dating back to Stannis.

Loxley

For God's sake, craft some armour for Dany, Jesus. Maybe the Dragons need armour, too. However, we all know one of them has to die this season.

Yeah, there's no way Dany is going to keep chargin into battle in a dress. I keep thinking they'll unearth some old armor cache in Dragonstone and find a set of Targaryen plate mail that belonged to one of Dany's ancestors, like Visenya.

Incest is also not a problem for this show. But agree it's starting to feel it's not a correct assumption.

Incest is not a problem for Targaryens, either. I mean, the Mad King was married to his own sister and they had Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys. Don't be surprised if Jon bangs his aunt.

SoulUnison

Banned
Yeah... I think you might be underestimating the difficulty of pulling off this move. Try it right now.

Literally just did it on the floor of my study with a belly full of dinner and three glasses of wine in me.
It wasn't as cinematic, to be sure, but that's why you usually don't use the first take.

I guess if anything the difficulty would come from not stabbing yourself with the two blades she's holding during it.

btw, can anyone explain what was up with sansa when she was watching arya and brienne fight? she looked kinda worried/nervous from what i gathered but i wasn't sure. and if she was im confused as to why she even would be?

I hope you're joking. Anyway I think the b scene was meant to reveal to Sansa that Arya truly has changed. She's like a stranger to her now.

zethren

Banned
Incest is not a problem for Targaryens, either. I mean, the Mad King was married to his own sister and they had Rhaegar, Viserys and Daenerys. Don't be surprised if Jon bangs his aunt.

It's also entirely possible that Jon never actually learns he is part Targaryan. Only Bran knows, and he may not care enough to bring it up to him. He may never even see Jon again, depending on where the story goes.

Dunno how you think she's terrible, but whatever.

She's upset that Bran's not Bran anymore, and neither is Arya. She's still recovering from hearing about Arya's kill list, and now she's seeing her in action.

Yeah, but that was clearly the Dragonstone war room. I mean, we've seen it a million times before dating back to Stannis.
Just kind of seems weird to me that Jon would read a raven message from Sansa saying "Bran saw the night king in a vision." and just be like "ok"

For God's sake, craft some armour for Dany, Jesus. Maybe the Dragons need armour, too. However, we all know one of them has to die this season.

Would be awesome. Plus she deserves some cool armor too.

Yup. They should also do dragon armor, though I guess that might take until one of them goes down which yeah still feels like it'll happen.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
It's also entirely possible that Jon never actually learns he is part Targaryan. Only Bran knows, and he may not care enough to bring it up to him. He may never even see Jon again, depending on where the story goes.

Bran is definitely getting weird. Like dark weird.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

She's upset that Bran's not Bran anymore, and neither is Arya. She's still recovering from hearing about Arya's kill list, and now she's seeing her in action.

Just kind of seems weird to me that Jon would read a raven message from Sansa saying "Bran saw the night king in a vision." and just be like "ok"

Agreed, but that scene was definitely Dragonstone. So somehow they have to find out of Bran's vision from there. Maybe he mindtaps into Jon from a distance to show him the vision?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Watch as he gets all nihilistic and sides with the Night King.

"This world is petty and pointless. Let the dead overrun it and start everything anew. The dead care not for your tangled interpersonal webs."

OR this is the threat the world needs to unify so with my time traveling powers I AM the Night King.

Or something to that effect.

Tagg9

Literally just did it on the floor of my study with a belly full of dinner and three glasses of wine in me.
It wasn't as cinematic, to be sure, but that's why you usually don't use the first take.

I guess if anything the difficulty would come from not stabbing yourself with the two blades she's holding during it.

Dude, you must be more skilled than you think. I just tried for 10 minutes and only have a sore back to show for it.

I was thinking why Bran didn't expose Littlefinger right there.

But he probably knows what lies in store for Littlefinger, so he'll let things play out.

Besides, he isn't "Bran" anymore. So there won't be any retribution from him.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I don't understand what's so difficult about this motion that they had to CGI the face on a stunt double.

Like, if you pointed a camera at me and gave me a few tries at it *I* could do it, and I have shitty knees.
I would genuinely recommend trying this as it's really hard even for someone like me who's very fit.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

TBH that's a bizarre technique. Standing with a proper kick up is risky as it is, but at least gets you upright very quickly to minimize the opening it presents your opponent. When you're supine against a standing opponent the safest option is bracing the ground with one hand, keeping your guard up with your other, and pushing yourself upright while back-stepping away so that they can't take advantage.

This flourish she does is really slow and obscures her vision of Brienne for most of it while leaving her wide open to get attacked. It's the last thing a super-assassin should be doing.

I thought the implication was that Bran could only see the past, not the future. At least, he can't choose what he sees of the future.

Unless I'm just misunderstanding his powers. Which is entirely possible.

Same here, Kingslayer needs to die for pushing poor lil Bran off that tower window in Winterfell back in season 1.

Remind me, since when was this show about karma?

Also, Onella told him last episode what she did to her son. Would have been pointless to kill him now and then, storywise.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was thinking why Bran didn't expose Littlefinger right there.

But he probably knows what lies in store for Littlefinger, so he'll let things play out.

Besides, he isn't "Bran" anymore. So there won't be any retribution from him.

It's hard to think this way with Bran, because he can see the future, so technically everything he does already happened, because if he did it a different way, the future that he saw would never come to be... or something.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
TBH that's a bizarre technique. Standing with a proper kick up is risky as it is, but at least gets you upright very quickly to minimize the opening it presents your opponent. When you're supine against a standing opponent the safest option is bracing the ground with one hand, keeping your guard up with your other, and pushing yourself upright while back-stepping away so that they can't take advantage.

This flourish she does is really slow and obscures her vision of Brienne for most of it while leaving her wide open to get attacked. It's the last thing a super-assassin should be doing.

I just love you're paying attention to this thread. Also I don't think for a second that fight was go real.

SoulUnison

Banned
Dude, you must be more skilled than you think. I just tried for 10 minutes and only have a sore back to show for it.

I suppose I did do a lot of martial arts and stuff as a kid, and even a historical fencing class as a high schooler, haha, but for as easy as this one specific thing feels, I get winded easily by some pretty embarrassingly easy stuff, so... yeah.
I think the closest thing I've ever done in "training" was learning to break falls intentionally in karate and gymnastics.

It's hard to think this way with Bran, because he can see the future, so technically everything he does already happened, because if he did it a different way, the future that he saw would never come to be... or something.

Damn, yeah. Already hurting my head thinking about it.

I guess it is limited to visions similar to his Greensight a couple seasons back.

have no love for the dothraki so this was so fucking satisfying

0bMPCyZ.gif

All I could think when I saw that was, damn, Cersei is going to be SO FUCKING PISSED you wasted one of her dragon arrows on a single dude. Badass move, sure, but that's like using a rocket launcher to take out a single infantryman. Like, dude, they still have tanks, bro.

Anyway, that was my favorite episode of the season, and in a long while to boot. Arya going all "fuck yeah, let's TRAIN" on Brienne, Bran's "chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger, Jon going HAM on Daenerys' cave (I don't care what anyone else says, that scene should have ended with "several hours later, they emerged, bruised, battered and gasping for air", Jon damn near killing Theon... everything was on point. You even had Bran, the detached fucker, dismissing Meera with a cursory, "oh, yeah, you did some things, neat." And, seriously, every scene with Arya is magic. Maisie Williams is a treasure. Oh, and I guess some dragon shit happened too. Whatever, right?

Seriously, what kind of plot armor is it that both Bronn AND Jaime escape? I mean, yes, I like both characters, but fuck off, at least one of them should have straight up run, and them saving each other is some weapons-grade bullshit. But I'll allow it, because I enjoyed the episode, I want to see more of them, and I am quite drunk.

-griffy-

Banned
I suppose I did do a lot of martial arts and stuff as a kid, and even a historical fencing class as a high schooler, haha, but for as easy as this one specific thing feels, I get winded easily by some pretty embarrassingly easy stuff, so... yeah.
Most regular people can't do a regular kip up, let alone a fancy show offy one without using your arms cause you're holdin a sword.

RocBase

The One and Done™;245577272 said:
I hope you're joking. Anyway I think the b scene was meant to reveal to Sansa that Arya truly has changed. She's like a stranger to her now.

i sometimes have trouble reading her expressions, she can come off as wooden to me. i don't have this problem with anyone else on the show tho

anyway cheers guys

Seriously, what kind of plot armor is it that both Bronn AND Jaime escape? I mean, yes, I like both characters, but fuck off, at least one of them should have straight up run, and them saving each other is some weapons-grade bullshit. But I'll allow it, because I enjoyed the episode, I want to see more of them, and I am quite drunk.

Lol, I seriously don't care about plot armour being the reason they're alive.

I'd rather Bronn and Jaime stick around. Jaime especially. Him dying like this would suck and feel incomplete.

gun_haver

What did Bran say to Littlefinger that got him all shook.. "chaos is... ?"

edit: n/m, answered above

'chaos is my bladder'. it's a reference to something Benny Stork said when he was peeing off the wall in S2. littlefinger was thrown because he didn't see the relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom