• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Just realized we've had 2 episodes in a row now end with a shot of Jaime getting completely fucked.

Poor dude.

I dunno. I thought the one before with Olenna, how he didn't take her bait and walked away, show him to be different from Cersei more than anything else.

TTG

Why did Daenerys burn all the food when she complained about the captured supplies being stolen from them? That wasn't just about not being able to starve out King's Landing anymore. How is she feeding her army? They probably brought some over the Great Sea, but that couldn't have been much.

She burned down like 8 cartloads, if that's all the grain Westeros have they're in some shit either way. My guess is they take High Garden next week, maybe even off camera. So while Cersei has been looting and largely outmaneuvering Dany, she only has King's Landing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Finally. It all paid off in the end. Dragons actually did shit. Now, how about those White Walkers, they end up stealing a horse or two?

Day 3: Weather forecast here in Dragonstone calls for 8 inches of Snow.

Pfft, 8 inches. Dude is rocking that big schlong.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Finally. It all paid off in the end. Dragons actually did shit. Now, how about those White Walkers, they end up stealing a horse or two?

Pfft, 8 inches. Dude is rocking that big schlong.

He's modest though, he wouldn't brag about it so publically.

gun_haver

Bronn is currently the only living human being on the planet to have hurt a dragon. And he lived.

This jackass is gonna be legendary. 'Bronn of The Epic Loot Train Battle' (Official HBO title for the battle).

Future

Bronn is currently the only living human being on the planet to have hurt a dragon. And he lived.

This jackass is gonna be legendary. 'Bronn of The Epic Loot Train Battle' (Official HBO title for the battle).

Jaimie wouldn't nearly be as buff if he hadn't befriended Bron when he did. Dudes a weasel. It's gonna be him and little finger standing at the end

And the stark dude.... dude has proved he can see fucking everything. Revealed shit to both sisters he couldn't have known unless he is telling the truth. How is no one asking this guy any real important questions. Like where their enemies are and where is the fucking night king.

I swear the only reason Jon snow is not there is because if he was, he'd be farming him for knowledge and would have already won the war

RedAssedApe

Banned
He looked pretty dead to me at the end.

Unless he’s just KO and the next episode begins with one of those blurry, ringing-in-the-ear, shell-shocked sequences, with Jaime waking up and swimming to the surface.

No way. He can't die without passing on his valerian sword.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
lPIpp8q.png

JawzPause

Is it pathetic that I'm a full grown man but I started getting tears in my eyes and goosebumps when daenerys flew in on the battlefield on drogon

Fucking epic episode

Monocle

Oh BTW, how hot is Dickon? Are we sure that firestorm was Drogon's handiwork? Maybe it was Dickon's smoldering gaze that broiled all those men in their armor.

Lemme just skip back real quick.

oh no help guys my tv froze on dickons face and now my room is on fi

Love this.

Einchy

Is it pathetic that I'm a full grown man but I started getting tears in my eyes and goosebumps when daenerys flew in on the battlefield on drogon

Fucking epic episode

I've cried each time a Stark has re-united. I've given this show far too much of my time and energy to not get emotional when Starks see each other again.

gun_haver

There's no way Jamie's dead. Bronn went down with him, and Bronn doesn't wear armour so he'll probably help him get back to the surface.

Question is are they gonna conveniently wash up downstream (the river didn't look very rapid) or are they gonna poke the head up and immediately be captured by Dany. Either way I'm confident both of them will live to fight another day. Jamie's got stuff still to do and Bronn...Bronn might make it to the very end, at this rate.

Orrrr next week Dany decides to execute Bronn and Tyrion has to watch. Deary me. Oh dear. That would be sad.

nOoblet16

Is there anything else that compares, effects and budget wise for a TV show?
The Crown is the most expensive show ever made, GoT costs around $10 million per episode right now (used to be lower before), Westworld was around $9 million per episode. The Crown on the other hand was around $13 million per episode and season 2 is reportedly going to be $26 million per episode (if they keep to 10 episodes in a season).

Monocle

Fire's under control. Whew that was close.

Fucking epic episode

I've cried each time a Stark has re-united. I've given this show far too much of my time and energy to not get emotional when Starks see each other again.
Same tbh. Awesome TV.

The Crown is the most expensive show ever made, GoT costs around $10 million per episode right now (used to be lower before), Westworld was around $9 million per episode. The Crown on the other hand was around $13 million per episode and season 2 is reportedly going to be $20 million per episode (if they keep to 10 episodes in a season).

I need to check that show out!

I already disliked Daenerys but the dragon battle just made me despise her more.

I'd be interested to know if it's just my bias that coloured my perception of the battle, but it seemed to me liked it was intended to make you side against her.

nOoblet16

I need to check that show out!
Actually made a mistake, season 2 of The Crown reportedly has a budget of £200 million (not $200 million) that's $260 million, or $26 million per episode.

It's a great show and the production values are ridiculously high. Though some people might not like the fact that it's a glorified show about an active monarch.

PatjuhR

Jaime probably isn't dead, otherwise he would've been killed by the Dragon, but how are they going to get him out of the water with all that armor?

The Crown is the most expensive show ever made, GoT costs around $10 million per episode right now (used to be lower before), Westworld was around $9 million per episode. The Crown on the other hand was around $13 million per episode and season 2 is reportedly going to be $26 million per episode (if they keep to 10 episodes in a season).

Eh, this season has fewer episodes now and I am sure the budget per episode is higher now.

Jaime's power levels are so weird, I thought once he lost his hand he'd be shit at fighting, and that was true for awhile (that dorne fight lol) but he was cutting down dothraki left and right this episode lol

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I already disliked Daenerys but the dragon battle just made me despise her more.

I'd be interested to know if it's just my bias that coloured my perception of the battle, but it seemed to me liked it was intended to make you side against her.
Yeah that's it. What did the Lannister's do to even deserve that level of vindictiveness? They came to Highgarden to sort some stuff out (people say there was a battle, but I didn't see one). Afterwards Jaime had wine with Lady Olenna where he explained that they needed some of her gold and food to help pay debts and feed KL, to which she surprisingly agreed to donate all of it to the Queen. How generous. She even offered to give her entire region to one of her most loyal bannermen, and Jaime didn't even ask her to do that. Wow.

Then as the march back to the capital was happening, the lads started to get tired and the honourable Randall Tarly suggested a few moral boasting excercises to get things sped up. A bunch of merry boys, adventuring and having fun. Until that wicked, dragon riding, she monster decided to swoop in and destroy everything. Gosh what a villain. A battlefield should be a sacred place where blood should never be spilled. Lannister enemies should of course be rooted out and destroyed in every manner and fashion imaginable. But to strike at the armies of the golden lion? That's a war crime of despicable levels.

SeeThree

This was some good shit.

Woulda been cool if the final scene was like Liu Kang's dragon fatality from Mortal Kombat 2.

That football tackle on the beach cuts to him sinking into the ocean. Wut.

PatjuhR

I'm getting so much details rewatching the entire series.

Cercei and Roberts child also died because of "fever". I'm having none of that anymore.

The level of destruction the creators showed of what a dragon can do was Saving Private Ryan levels of violence.

Dragons are cool and all but I'm glad they didn't shy away from showing them as straight up monsters.

Einchy

Dickon totally looks like the son of the guy who was able to beat Robbert during his prime. Mofo is massive.

Poor Sam.
The level of destruction the creators showed of what a dragon can do was Saving Private Ryan levels of violence.

Dragons are cool and all but I'm glad they didn't shy away from showing them as straight up monsters.

They said dragons are like if you took an F16 to a medieval battlefield and you can totally get that feeling from this episode. Shit was glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom