• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot damn

that was an epic effin episode. Best of the season so far. The character interactions & dialogue were phenomenal.

So is Littlefinger on Aryas list?

+1 Bronn should have died. i hope jaime is dead too. that much armor being in water should drown a man

It really bugged me that Dany wasn't wearing any armour. Like they had a conversation about how dangerous it was only a couple episodes ago and they just do it any way. Plus it would have been cool to see what kind of fancy armour she could be wearing.

kAmui-

Hot damn

that was an epic effin episode. Best of the season so far. The character interactions & dialogue were phenomenal.

So is Littlefinger on Aryas list?

I don't think he is, but the look she gave him didn't seem too friendly. What I was wondering was how much does Arya know about the shit he's done?

He should’ve died in this episode. He already had his moment where he gave up the gold to go try and take out the dragon, showing some character growth. We all know character growth gets punished by death.

Also I agree his plot armor fucking nuts. Jamie I get, but Bronn?

Supporting character going out the heroic way to aid the main plot is not how ASOIAF handle plots.

It really bugged me that Dany wasn't wearing any armour. Like they had a conversation about how dangerous it was only a couple episodes ago and they just do it any way. Plus it would have been cool to see what kind of fancy armour she could be wearing.

Let's hope HBO up and budget and Dany go full Saint Seiya in s8.

silva1991

Finally, the first great episode of the season. So satisfying in every way and I'm happy to see Brienne again.

Fuck Bronn for almost killing my dragon! I hope there wasn't poison on that spear.

Also fuck whoever saved good for nothing Jaime.

My own theory is that D&D don't actually care about much of anything in this story past the red wedding. They want to move on and HBO probably doesn't trust anyone else as show runner on something so big and complex so they had to negotiate for the episodes we got.
lol that's some bullshit. It's a monetary thing. Sopranos split their last season up. Mad men did it. Entourage did it. The cast is signed on for 7 seasons. If they split the seventh season in two they don't have to pay people a hefty fee when they renegotiate.

DrBo42

So now that they've introduced the scorpion to Dany, surely no one will be dumb enough to put those dragons at risk again.

Hyun Sai

Jon and Dany will die, and we will have Tyrion on the Iron Throne, Jaime as his hand, and Bronn in his castle.

Only satisfying ending.

kmax

2dd.jpg
Episode was GOAT tier.

Top 5 - easily.

Feel bad for the actor who plays Bran. Been sidelined for years, while everyone became famous as all hell.

Now that he's back, they just make an aloof piece of shit that is clearly not going to be doing much. He doesn't even seem to want to talk.

The ending was badass, but very disappointed the status quo was completely preserved. Bronn is almost about to die he doesn't. Drogon is almost about to die it doesn't. Jamie is about to die he doesn't. When did this become the MCU all of a sudden? Jamie getting saved twice like that was a bit odd for GOT.

That was a fucking amazing episode.
Its so cool to see what a full grown dragon is really capable of. The Lanisters and Tarleys were defenseless. Seeing and hearing those soldiers get incinerated was tough to watch, up close.
I was worried when Bron fired that harpoon, that he would kill Drogon, because I thought it was going to fly down Drogons open mouth.
I also thought Jamie would die at the end, because if he took Olynna Tyrells confession to his grave and never got a chance to tell Cercei (and prove it wasnt Tyrion who murdered Joffrey), that would surely another cruel Thrones injustice.
Arya sparring with Brienne and Jons words of wisdom were also high points in the episode for me.
I hope now that Bron will save Jamie from drowning. Then they will meet up with Tyrion post-battle. Jamie will tell Tyrion that he know that he wasnt responsible for Joffreys death (though he never really believed he was anyway), Bron will crack a few jokes and then they will all unite against Cercei.

The only thing that really bugs me this episode is that they had the Scorpion with them so they clearly accepted the possibility of a dragon showing up and yet Jamie did not give the order for someone to man it as soon as he heard the horde approaching.

I'm sorry but if you know they have a flying Siege engine even if you're not sure it's going to show up as soon as any of her forces approached you send a guy to be ready to fire that thing.

Hell your best marksmen should be sitting in that wagon ready to go at all times. It is literally the most important job possible.

Atomic Odin

From now on people should never question (or scoff at) how Jon survived the battle of the bastards after what happened with Jaime last episode. He seemed completely invulnerable from the dothraki horde & a flying dragon while men just next to him are being roasted before you can say "Hey look out...."

And Bronn should be the secret weapon instead of Qyburn's scorpion seeing as he has invested almost infinite points in dodging dragon fire. Drogon couldn't even hurt his hair if he tried.

Apart from that it was a very solid episode. The battle was breathtaking & Dany finally has a win in the Westeros. Seeing Drogon roasting fools would never not entertain me. Though I'd be happier if Dany's army had also seized/burned the gold. That there is still a small victory for Cersei. Tho I felt bad for my man Tyrion, even though he had it coming but still.

Someone needs to off LF's slimy neck as soon as possible. Good that Arya is here as she won't waste a minute once she gets a sniff. Her reunion with Sansa was touching. Can't wait till Jon reaches winterfell & meets her.

Some awesome shots of Drogon destroying the lannister army, those wagons didn't have the gold in it right? The general mentioned to Jamie about it already arriving at King's landing?

Lunar FC

A lot more arrows on khaleesi if there attention wasn't split? Think strategically

If it was just her and Drogon, they'd be the sole target for the entire army. Granted, Drogon is pretty resilient, but Dany not so much.

Ah, alright. Other than the Scorpion everything else just seems so ineffective that they weren't even at risk.

I'd been listening to 'Game of Thrones The Podcast' by Bald Move, they're pretty good. But I want something else to add into the mix. Thanks!

I haven't listened to Binge Mode for this season, but I really enjoy The Ringers post-show Talk The Thrones that they have on Twitter. I've listened to Chris and Andy forever, and them paired with thrones nerds Mallory and Jason is great.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
So that should be pretty much it for Cersei's army, right? They'll never take back The Rock, they'll never hold Highgarden, they'll never protect King's Landing. Once the Iron Bank hears of this I would think they would jump ship to Dany's and the Golden Company be damned. There's still Euron, but firing ballistas from sea at flying targets would be much harder I would think. They'd be sitting ducks. Pivotal episode I think. Brilliant stuff, but I can't help smh in disbelief at one man being able to load and wind and fire a ballista by himself more than once in the heat of a raging infernal battle. Ridiculous (like the 20 good men, etc). And Bran knew exactly what he was doing giving Arya that dagger which makes me giddy with anticipation. ;)

PFD

Dany didn't just take out her enemies, she ambushed an army with her semi-invincible nuclear device and killed thousands of people indiscriminately. What does a war become when one side has absolutely no chance of surviving? There are lines, she's just crossed a big one, what's next?

lol

Erebus

I've been waiting 7 years to see Drogon in a full scale battle like this, so I enjoyed the episode thoroughly. Surely the best of the season so far.

I wish Jaime or Bronn had died though but I'm curious what Danny would do with them if captured.

jm89

Little finger imo is still a huge threat to the starks, but the three eyed twat probably won't say anything,.The moment he tells everyone what he did to ned that nice valerian steel goes right through his neck courtesy of arya.

Can't wait for jamie and bronn to be offed(i hope), those two are the biggest scumbags after cersei.

Atomic Odin

Saw the preview

Tyrion & Varys seriously worried about Dany. Tbf to them Dany's constant fixation on 'bend the knee' doesn't helps matters. Seems a nice little contrast to the penultimate episode in S6 when Tyrion was iffy at her granting the ironborn their independence.

Jon & Drogon are going to be best buddies aren't they?

Lynd7

I've been waiting 7 years to see Drogon in a full scale battle like this, so I enjoyed the episode thoroughly. Surely the best of the season so far.

I wish Jaime or Bronn had died though but I'm curious what Danny would do with them if captured.

Bronn absolutely should have died, I was expecting it as the scene was playing out.

frankMX

Gendry is dead right? I throught he was killed by Melisandre(right after they had sex in dragonstone). Or was i remembering it wrong? The reason i ask this is that i think i saw some posts in this thread indicating he is still alive.

Gendry is dead right? I throught he was killed by Melisandre(right after they had sex in dragonstone). Or was i remembering it wrong? The reason i ask this is that i think i saw some posts in this thread indicating he is still alive.

Gendry is alive, rowing a boat for several seasons.

row-row-row-your-boat-gendry-down-the-sea-merrily-6170262.png

Zolo

row-row-row-your-boat-gendry-down-the-sea-merrily-6170262.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom