• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Woof. This was a rough episode for #teamlannister. Went from jobbing the Tyrells to Brooklyn Brawler status in an eyeblink. Damn lizard.

Mental note: build waaaaaaaaay more anti dragon weapons for Round 2. You guys need as much air coverage as you can get.
Time to build some dragon armour. Problem solved.

We warcraft

LZcpi3.gif

Her character is a young woman who had to hide her true feeings around the psychopathic husband and mother in law who could kill her on a whim. I've always seen it as.. just the character.. she was a bratty teen who wore her emotions on her sleeve until what she went through with the Lannisters made her cold and calculated.

And still has to string Littlefinger along after what he did. She knows he's plotting something.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
"You grace! The armour will slow down your dragons. That's why we can't make the armour. Until we can figure out a lighter armour, and by which time two of your dragons have been killed".

FeD.nL

She was complaining about the food stores at Casterly Rock since the Unsullied are trapped there with little supplies. Not the Dothraki.

Really? Perhaps I missed it but I thought she implied all her armies in the exchange with Tyrion.

Thought it went something like Tyrion saying she still has the biggest armies and Dany responding with 'who won't be able to eat because Cersei took all the food from the Reach'.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Fuuuuck, Dany going full King Aerys. Burn them all.

She must be stopped, actually finding myself rooting for the Lannisters here, no-one should have this much power.

Right, but Euron being able to single handily knock off Dorne and Yara's Greyjoys, while helping in destroying the Tyrells, is all well and good. She destroyed a Lannister army. Euron and Cersei took 3 whole families out of the game.

Tyrion Lannister looked kind of upset seeing Lannisters getting destroyed like that. When the dothraki said "your people can't fight lol(ok i added the lol )" Tyrion looked upset.

He's realising the full weight of his decisions to support a woman who lusts for power and whose first instinct is to burn vast swathes of his homeland and people to ashes.

She needs constant guidance to not follow in her father's footsteps. She is truly her father's daughter.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

As much as we joke I prefer this Bran over a mirror of Sansa and Arya. Considering the power he's acquired, how could you end up well adjusted?

The only odd this IS the characteristic jump from where he was last season. This should have been gradual instead of D&D deciding this is how be should have been.

abrack08

For the inevitable upcoming sex scene, does Jon Snow still have gaping stab wounds or is he all healed up and relatively normal looking?

I wonder if the reason why all these weeks and months pass in the show and the ww haven't actually marched on the wall is because the NK is actually waiting for something.

Can Bran only see the past or can he see the future as well? What if the Night King has the same ability? And he knows Beric and the Hound and that group are headed up north and maybe maybe the NK was just waiting for Beric to come and get killed and that other guy to try and revive him again, and it causes some magic thing that let's the ww's breach the wall.

Either that, or Dany gets lured over the wall (maybe Melissandre tells her she has to save Beric or something) and the NK either gets one of her dragons, or her and subsequent control of her three dragons, and it's apparent he was just waiting for that future to play out before marching on the wall. Yeah, no chance in hell for that twist. Night King and Queen with their dragons trying to conquer Westeros

I was only half serious earlier in the thread when I said maybe the NK can breach the wall with a dragon, but, if he has the ability to reanimate non-human creates, and with the way Drogon was put on display in this episode, I could maybe start to see Drogon getting killed and the NK resurrecting him. I don't know with what though. I don't think the ww's have ranged weaponry.

I wonder if the reason why all these weeks and months pass in the show and the ww haven't actually marched on the wall is because the NK is actually waiting for something.

Can Bran only see the past or can he see the future as well? What if the Night King has the same ability? And he knows Beric and the Hound and that group are headed up north and maybe maybe the NK was just waiting for Beric to come and get killed and that other guy to try and revive him again, and it causes some magic thing that let's the ww's breach the wall.

Either that, or Dany gets lured over the wall (maybe Melissandre tells her she has to save Beric or something) and the NK either gets one of her dragons, or her and subsequent control of her three dragons, and it's apparent he was just waiting for that future to play out before marching on the wall. Yeah, no chance in hell for that twist. Night King and Queen with their dragons trying to conquer Westeros

I was only half serious earlier in the thread when I said maybe the NK can breach the wall with a dragon, but, if he has the ability to reanimate non-human creates, and with the way Drogon was put on display in this episode, I could maybe start to see Drogon getting killed and the NK resurrecting him. I don't know with what though. I don't think the ww's have ranged weaponry.
Probably couple of those Giants can kill a dragon. Maybe King Kong vs T rex style fight?

So this was a good W for Daenerys right? She wiped out Cersei and her allies food supply?

she took out a good portion of lannister man. nit sure about tarly men but she will get the head of the house. food supply is gone which is a shame but she also demonstrated the power of dothraki and the dragons. also she regained power in the reach.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Some of you guys are ridiculous.

After every terrible legitimate thing that's happened in this series, you're flipping out because of Dragonfire on the BATTLEFIELD?

Were you down on Tyrion when he used wildfire in the Battle of the Blackwater?

Of course they were down for it. They were down for it when the Mountain was raping and killing the Riverlands for Tywin, when the Lannisters were torturing and killing at Horrenhaal, when Euron on his own took Dorne and the Greyjoys out, when the Lannisters just wiped out the Tyrells and were looting the place of its gold and food, when they decided to beef up their armies with oath breakers and bigots, etc. But Dany shows up to bring decades of furious retribution down upon the Lannister ARMY after exhausting almost all her options, it's suddenly "OMG, LOOK AT HOW EGOMANIACAL AND TYRANNICAL THIS WOMAN IS!"

I bet you they were also frothing at the mouth when Dany told Jon she'd help him if he bent the knee this episode, while doing this,

giphy.gif

when Jon gave damn near the exact same speech to Mance Rayder. Things are only ever a problem when Dany is in the picture. Arya bakes human and it's high fives and "fuck yeah Starks!" Dany looks at a slaver aggressively --> "can you believe the nerves she has?"

Probably couple of those Giants can kill a dragon. Maybe King Kong vs T rex style fight?

Good point. I forgot about the giants. Maybe they can throw some tree sized spears at them or something.

Without a zombie dragon his side I don't see how the white walker storyline is just completely anti-climactic. Dany could just fly over their horde with three dragons and burn them to shit in a couple of minutes.

Of course they were down for it. They were down for it when the Mountain was raping and killing the Riverlands for Tywin, when the Lannisters were torturing and killing at Horrenhaal, when Euron on his own took Dorne and the Greyjoys out, when the Lannisters just wiped out the Tyrells and were looting the place of its gold and food, when they decided to beef up their armies with oath breakers and bigots, etc. But Dany shows up to bring decades of furious retribution down upon the Lannister ARMY, it's suddenly "OMG, LOOK AT HOW EGOMANIACAL AND TYRANNICAL THIS WOMAN IS!"

I bet you they were also frothing at the mouth when Dany told Jon she'd help him if he bent the knee this episode, while doing this,

giphy.gif

when Jon gave damn near the exact same speech to Mance Rayder.

Decades of retribution? Her father was an insane asshole that burnt the heads of great houses alive and broke faith with allies. Among her detractors there isn't love for her because her lust for power is based on nothing but birthright. The fact that she needs constant guidance to not burn masses of people alive should tell you why she isn't so well liked.

The gold made it to KL. So many people missed this

Probably because they were so adamantly protecting the caravan.

Schnozberry

So this was a good W for Daenerys right? She wiped out Cersei and her allies food supply?

At this point, the first 4 episodes have shown humanity wiping out important food stores and seriously reducing their capability to fight back against the white walkers by murdering each other in droves. Once winter sets in it could be devastating, depending on how the writers decide to portray the reality of it. It's a pyrrhic victory in a sense.

Tagg9

Good point. I forgot about the giants. Maybe they can throw some tree sized spears at them or something.

Without a zombie dragon his side I don't see how the white walker storyline is just completely anti-climactic. Dany could just fly over their horde with three dragons and burn them to shit in a couple of minutes.

In that inevitable battle, I guarantee the dragons will be the first to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom