• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Unless Dany can dress her dragons herself I cannot imagine them allowing anyone to put armor on them. Even with her there they're not the most docile of creatures.
Nah man, she controls them completely now. You don't take a dragon to a battle like that unless you know you can tell it what to do.

Also, they're no longer going around eating people. At this point, if Dany couldn't control Drogon enough for someone to put armor on it, then she'd be a total shitter and all her development is meaningless.

wandering

Banned
One complaint I do have is the Dothraki have lost all individuality and are now just window dressing. Earlier in the series they were individual warriors, now they are just a horde. I wish they had elevated a few of the Dothraki warrior in the same way Grey Worm kind of stands in for the Unsullied as a whole.

They're not even a good horde. What kind of nomadic steppe army focuses on using one-handed sickles instead of mounted archers?

Plum

> Jaime gets captured by Jaime
> Dany writes letter to Cersei where she tells her to forfeit and bend the knee
> Cersei will not accept, of course, maybe do something that will piss Dany off
> Dany sentences Jaime and Bronn to death, because there is no use for them
> Tyrion releases Jaime
> Dany wants to burn Tyrion for that
> a wild Jorrah Mormont appears
> Khaleesi, just ban him
> Jorrah bangs Dany

images

FIN.

Jorah's got more of a chance in getting Greyscale again than he does banging Dany.

He'll arrive at Dragonstone just as Dany's about to leave to take King's Landing.

He'll reach King's Landing and the White Walkers will invade five minutes after he arrives.

That was a satisfying episode. Shame about the hook with Jaime at the end, I expect better from Thrones.

I can't see Littlefinger surviving this series, I'm sure one of the Stark's will finish him, just not sure who. (I'm hoping for Bran in a kill that will involving Warging and walking off a very tall tower).

Poor Rickon. Bran, Arya or Sansa haven't even bothered to ask about him. He truly was the forgotten Stark.

Tawpgun

That was a satisfying episode. Shame about the hook with Jaime at the end, I expect better from Thrones.

I can't see Littlefinger surviving this series, I'm sure one of the Stark's will finish him, just not sure who. (I'm hoping for Bran in a kill that will involving Warging and walking off a very tall tower).

Poor Rickon. Bran, Arya or Sansa haven't even bothered to ask about him. He truly was the forgotten Stark.

Bran would have been the one to ask about him. Considering he saw him last. But Bran is no longer there I guess so....

I can totally see Tyrion trying to save Jamie and Bronn since those two are the reason he's still alive, and it'll definitely cause a rift between Tyrion and Dany.
He's gonna have to try and hide it from her, this isn't something she can request from Dany. And if Dany finds out that Tyrion is conspiring with her enemies, she might flip shit.

While watching the episode I wondered if Drogon flew by and did not burn Jaime on purpose because Dany knew he's Tyrion's brother and tried to spare him. But he lost his chance at mercy when the motherfucker charged at Dany himself, fuckin asshole.

Make no mistake about it, Cersei will get one more big win before she bites the dust. Something truly devastating.

Yeah, if there is another battle ahead of us. A dragon may bite the dust.

2 shots, one of them being lucky almost killed Drogon.

How about 2 dozen scorpions shooting at her dragons?

Plum

i mean i really loved the episode but it's getting a bit too much with all the "look at this awesome shit you totally like".

Don't worry, I read the leaks and next week's episode has the Sand Snakes resurrected/rescued to do some menial chores in Dorne whilst they bicker amongst themselves. It's gonna be great.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
The only person I can't wait to see die is Euron. And if it happened at Theon's hand it wouldn't redeem him necessarily but their'd be some bittersweet irony.

Jon not punching him or even killing him outright on the beach was a surprise. But I guess had he not saved Sansa, and Sansa and Littlefinger not saved Jon, their wouldn't be much of a show.

Just remember this is GoT. If history has taught us anything huge, heartbreaking deaths are more than likely about to happen. They NEVER want the audience feel like anyone has a plot shield.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
Don't worry, I read the leaks and next week's episode has the Sand Snakes resurrected/rescued to do some menial chores in Dorne whilst they bicker amongst themselves. It's gonna be great.

I'd be ok with the sand snakes being resurrected if they show Bronn another view of their 'goods'

Tawpgun

What exactly does Dany plan on doing with the Dothraki after she wins? I feel like that's a whole other can of worms.

Send them back to ride around Essos. Establish a khal there? No slavery rule.
Give them a region in the kingdoms. No slavery or barbarian shit.
Keep them as an army?

Honestly at this point, Game of Thrones doesn't even look like a TV Show but an episodic Big Budget movie.

It has some of the most epic large scale fantasy battles that I have seen in a show.

Dany wearing armor to guard from normal arrows makes sense, but again why would armor protect a dragon from the scorpion ballista? The reason they exist is to specifically penetrate the flesh and bones of dragons. If it can pierce that then metal armor seems it would be trivial for it.

Rixxan

Honestly at this point, Game of Thrones doesn't even look like a TV Show but an episodic Big Budget movie.

It has some of the most epic large scale fantasy battles that I have seen in a show.

It has some of the most epic large scale fantasy battles that I have ever seen period

Battle of the bastards, Spoils of War, Hardhome

Maybe none of those are technically as large in scope as some of the biggest LOTR or what have you battles, but they feel even larger to me because I'm so invested in the characters, and the world

It's such a goddamned treat, and it's gonna be brutal when it ends

Sephzilla

Ayra is now established as a melee weapon boss and has a Valerian steel weapon.

The White Walkers go to sleep and have nightmares of her.

Eidan

I saw YouTube comments now saying Arya is a Mary Sue.

If ever there was a term that is now completely meaningless, it's that one.

Hyun Sai

Tried to tell ya'll when you were complaining about Arya's time in Bravos.
fpa9XHH.gif

I don't like those gifs as we can see all the flaws of the sequence. Brienne first trike totally not on Arya, Brienne stops moving for no reason, Arya unecessary movements...

I didn't remember it being that bad watching it live ^^ Except for the stupid flip of course.

VeeP

I saw YouTube comments now saying Arya is a Mary Sue.

If ever there was a term that is now completely meaningless, it's that one.

One of my friends was complaining Arya was OP. I felt like slapping him. Arya is one character we literally seen blood, sweat, bleed, etc. to get where she is. No bullshit, no blood lines, etc.

I don't like those gifs as we can see all the flaws of the sequence. Brienne first trike totally not on Arya, Brienne stops moving for no reason, Arya unecessary movements...

I didn't remember it being that bad watching it live ^^

Yea it's a pretty cut heavy scene. I used to not care about rapid quick cuts like that, but it's starting to get on my nerves. Especially when I see how awesome longer shots can look.

Einchy

One of my friends was complaining Arya was OP. I felt like slapping him. Arya is one character we literally seen blood, sweat, bleed, etc. to get where she is. No bullshit, no blood lines, etc.
Yeah, I mean, it has take us 7 seasons to get what we saw last night. She has earned it.

I didn't remember it being that bad watching it live ^^ Except for the stupid flip of course.
That's because in reality no matter how much we want to root for Arya in that scene, them practicing together doesn't make much sense. Not only is their strength completely unbalanced, as in there's no way Arya could block an attack from Brienne, but Arya's not even using a weapon that could block Brienne's weapon. If anything, any actual contact between the two would probably break Arya's weapon.

Arya's supposed to be an effective assassin right now because she can disguise herself to look like other people like she never could before. That's why she poisoned all the Freys rather than fighting them all. She'd lose a fair fight because of her size and arsenal.

A lot of people complain that them skirmishing wasn't long enough, but I think it was fine. It looks like an alright fight at first glance, but it's comparable to those shitty lightsaber battles from Star Wars episodes 1-3. The fights look cool, but none of the swings make any sense if the people involved are trying to hit each other.

What exactly does Dany plan on doing with the Dothraki after she wins? I feel like that's a whole other can of worms.

The Dothraki are pretty much tamed at this point. They arent going to bring up their conflicts or culture clashes because they are pretty pacified soldiers that do whatever the Dragon queen wants.

They are technically Dany's anyway, since she is Drogo's widow, so theyll probably assimilate or take over Dorne/Highgarden areas as immigrants.

Nameless

That's because in reality no matter how much we want to root for Arya in that scene, them practicing together doesn't make much sense. Not only is their strength completely unbalanced, as in there's no way Arya could block an attack from Brienne, but Arya's not even using a weapon that could block Brienne's weapon. If anything, any actual contact between the two would probably break Arya's weapon.

Brienne was using a practice sword not Oathkeeper and clearly she's not going full clip against someone she's training/serving.

Einchy

Brienne was using a practice sword not Oathkeeper and clearly she's not going full clip against someone she's training/serving.
The second she actually did go full out, she was able to knock Needle from her hand but Arya was still quick enough to get in close with her dagger. There was nothing really silly or whatever in that scene.

number11

And to think this is only episode 4. There has to be one more big battle before the season is over.. and I can't even imagine what next season is gonna be like.

pablito

Yeah, but wasn't her training more focused on stealth and stuff? I didn't expect her to be able to take on freaking Brienne in 1v1 combat.

I have a feeling Brienne wasn't giving her all. She was in training mode with Pod 5 seconds prior. It looked like Arya had something to prove, while Brienne was ready to find her another training partner. And if Brienne was fighting to kill, she probably could have killed Arya after the kick to the gut.

Brienne fights way more viciously when she's in a real fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom