• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bronn is totally bending the knee. Be back on Team Tyrion. Dunno how well Dany pays though....

We need the return of the Bron/Tyrion bromance.

Don't worry about Dany, when Bron takes the Vale with a pair of climbing spikes and 10 good men she'll see the light.

Catdaddy

So did Tyrion have to walk/ride all the way to battle while Dany rode her flying mount?

Still hope there is a big fuck you to the audience by letting the white walkers and the Night King win….they at least have a set plan and stick with it and In war have no problem with recruitment…

Sande

Doesn't need any sinking in, that's how it's been since piracy was in its infancy lol.
It shouldn't be that way anymore. The streaming technology is there. I'll already rather launch Netflix than utorrent or popcorn time or what-have-you. HBO just can't get it right.

Didn't seem like Tyrion was enjoying watching his ''people'' burn though.

Whoever side you're one, that was a horrific display of power.

Not to take anything away from Dany's victory.

That's the plan I feel. They'll want any fans of Dany to immediately turn against her after she kills him for saving his blood brother. This show has done some crazy things. Tyrion would be the biggest death we've seen yet. Unless Jon counts...

He is the spoil of the war.

Danny is going to lose it when Tyrion suggests not killing him and she already suspects him of not advising her properly to save his family.

A Lannister always pays his debts

Jorah is on his way back too and Tryion just got beat strategically on the battle field. She just questioned his loyalty again in front of everyone too. Again, I think this all goes along with the downward path her character arc is experiencing.

I bet cersei will want him dead but tyrion will advise trading him for Yara and Ellaria.

This could happen, but I think could result in the same outcomes.

Can the Brotherhood + Hound make a stop at Winterfell, please. Need to see a Hound/Arya/Brienne scene. And he can backup Bran's vision's about LF's betrayal to Ned, and get LF's downfall underway.

Yeah, I really wonder what their involvement in all this will be. They don't seem to have a purpose at the moment regarding either King's Landing or the WW invasion. I guess setting up Mountain vs The Hound is the obvious choice, but can't really see how that encounter would even happen, or why it would even be important aside from being a fanpleaser.

RDreamer

What discussion can really be had though?

"Why wasn't Bronn roasted by the flames?"

"Because he jumped out of the way."

"But the flames were HUGE!"

"Not huge enough to burn him."

"Grrr! I'm not satisfied!"

I mean...what do you want? A diagram?

I want better writing, I suppose? The show didn't have to rely on spectacle and unbelievable coincidences in order to keep you on the edge of your seat. That's precisely why I loved it. It didn't require leaps of logic and it kept you on the edge of your seat through good writing, foreshadowing, and great scenes. It didn't need to force tension on us through nearly impossible spectacle.

You're right though, there isn't much to argue about this. I guess people like me and the person that originally brought up the complaint don't want people to make stuff up and then shrug when we show it's not really true. That doesn't get us anywhere either.

The conversation actually went something like this:

"Why wasn't Bronn burned?"

"Because it's fantasy!"

"That's not an excuse. This fantasy showed the effects of flames"

"The flames weren't that wide."

"Yes they were, here's a picture"

"OH WELL WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!?!"

Probably to not have that silly conversation where your only goal is to make excuses for things despite evidence?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
tAjizKP.png
Stahp

effzee

Jorah is on his way back too and Tryion just got beat strategically on the battle field. She just questioned his loyalty again in front of everyone too. Again, I think this all goes along with the downward path her character arc is experiencing.

This could happen, but I think could result in the same outcomes.

Don't agree with the downward path idea. I think despite her show of arrogance, she has actually shown to be pretty smart and sane. Always listens to her ppl and council. I think she has doubts considering how she was sold, raised, and all she had to endure but ultimately U think she uses her council to reaffirm what she already believes.

I think she will doubt Tyrion but he will convince her. Jon is backing him, so will Davos, and so will Varys.

aBarreras

I want better writing, I suppose? The show didn't have to rely on spectacle and unbelievable coincidences in order to keep you on the edge of your seat. That's precisely why I loved it. It didn't require leaps of logic and it kept you on the edge of your seat through good writing, foreshadowing, and great scenes. It didn't need to force tension on us through nearly impossible spectacle.

You're right though, there isn't much to argue about this. I guess people like me and the person that originally brought up the complaint don't want people to make stuff up and then shrug when we show it's not really true. That doesn't get us anywhere either.

"Because it's fantasy!"

Probably to not have that silly conversation where your only goal is to make excuses for things despite evidence?

we dont know the status of either bronn or jamie, so if the next episode they are in pristine condition then yes, complain, for now all we can do is waiting.

even is more than likely they are ok

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I am obviously joking and speculating. Do we have any real hints about who tried to kill Bran?

I know at first watch the show presented it as Cersei being behind the attempt. If I remember it correctly, this was right after she pretends to care about Bran and talks with Momma Stark about kids and how she has lost kids.

Maybe she took the dagger from Tyrion and knew it would frame him.

Nope. Just that someone tried and that Littlefinger put Tyrion on the crosshair.

> Jaime gets captured by Jaime
> Dany writes letter to Cersei where she tells her to forfeit and bend the knee
> Cersei will not accept, of course, maybe do something that will piss Dany off
> Dany sentences Jaime and Bronn to death, because there is no use for them
> Tyrion releases Jaime
> Dany wants to burn Tyrion for that
> a wild Jorrah Mormont appears
> Khaleesi, just ban him
> Jorrah bangs Dany

images

FIN.

Astral Dog

Poor Cersei she is finished i was actually hoping she had a few more victories but with this its over. Those Ballistas (¿) are useless against a Dragon

Sephzilla

Oh man, Danny killing Tyrion didn't even cross my mind and I'm usually super cynical regarding Danny lol

Poor Cersei she is finished i was actually hoping she had a few more victories but with this its over. Those Ballistas (¿) are useless against a Dragon

It didn't kill a dragon but it downed it with one hit.

effzee

All this talk about the final battle and whether the width of the fire should have killed Bronn, I forgot about Theon.

Does he want to lead a team to rescue Yara? LOL. It is about time his character had some redemption but considering he has blown all his chances, don't see how this will be it.

Don't agree with the downward path idea. I think despite her show of arrogance, she has actually shown to be pretty smart and sane. Always listens to her ppl and council. I think she has doubts considering how she was sold, raised, and all she had to endure but ultimately U think she uses her council to reaffirm what she already believes.

I think she will doubt Tyrion but he will convince her. Jon is backing him, so will Davos, and so will Varys.

We shall see. At the very least it feel like the show is toying with that path so the predicted "jon and dany saving the world on dragons" isn't so obvious.

Astral Dog

Oh man, Danny killing Tyrion didn't even cross my mind and I'm usually super cynical regarding Danny lol

It didn't kill a dragon but it downed it with one hit.
After it killed the entire army it was just a weak moment the damage was done.

Now the Bank will abandon Cersei and her new husband could somehow betray her :C

After reading the theory of the ballista arrow being poisoned, it makes a lot of sense considering the history of the show.

I'm still convinced a dragon is going to bite the dust at some point.

I was really hoping when Jon was bringing Dany to the underground, there was some fucking Dragon Armor. Hopefully Dany is smart enough to build some dragon armor.

effzee

We shall see. At the very least it feel like the show is toying with that path so the predicted "jon and dany saving the world on dragons" isn't so obvious.

With only 9 episodes left, there are only so many twists they can serve us.

At this point I'd be ok with zero shock value twists, Dany and Jon joining forces to get rid of Cersei and the WWs.

Tall4Life

Interesting that there's no one complaining that Noah Syndergaard was in Game of Thrones last night

my immersion ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sephzilla

I honestly don't think we're going to get Jon and Dany versus the White Walkers. Dany seems too engrossed by sitting on the Iron Throne.

Guevara

Generally you'd expect an army to target the enemy's leader. Jamie definitely stands out, in his white horse and fancy armor. But then, Tyrion is clearly internally conflicted and may have emphasized destroying the wagon train rather than leadership. It's kind of like how Tyrion lashed out at the inanimate Casterly Rock. So I have less concern about Jamie surviving the battle.

One complaint I do have is the Dothraki have lost all individuality and are now just window dressing. Earlier in the series they were individual warriors, now they are just a horde. I wish they had elevated a few of the Dothraki warrior in the same way Grey Worm kind of stands in for the Unsullied as a whole.

Croc

Banned
All this talk about the final battle and whether the width of the fire should have killed Bronn, I forgot about Theon.

Does he want to lead a team to rescue Yara? LOL. It is about time his character had some redemption but considering he has blown all his chances, don't see how this will be it.

I feel like the inevitable thing to happen will be him dying while killing Euron.

effzee

Interesting that there's no one complaining that Noah Syndergaard was in Game of Thrones last night

What scene(s)?

Keep wondering how they will reveal Jon's lineage to Danny. Has to be through one of the Dragons.

Dumbest complaint I've seen that week.

Got well known actors playing people but a singer's face takes you out of it?

''muh immershun''

Curufinwe

After reading the theory of the ballista arrow being poisoned, it makes a lot of sense considering the history of the show.

I'm still convinced a dragon is going to bite the dust at some point.

I was really hoping when Jon was bringing Dany to the underground, there was some fucking Dragon Armor. Hopefully Dany is smart enough to build some dragon armor.

Dragons wearing armor... lol.

Eidan

"Because it's fantasy!"

I'd say for more fulfilling conversations, offer critiques that are more than simple contrivances that a child can understand and offer something a bit meatier.

Tawpgun

Can dragons be poisoned?

I study dragon biology and they definitely can't be.

Just kidding. Who knows. Cersei should consider it anyway.

And I dunno who was saying those ballistas are useless. Get enough of them and the dragons are no longer safe. It proved it can wound a dragon enough to make it not as effective. Dany now knows this. Her trump card now is no longer as flawless as she thought. If that ballista hit the right spot Drogon would be dead. I kinda wish we didn't see drogon in the preview. I thought he would succumb to his wounds. Still might.

Why lol? Not only would it be smart but it would look badass as fuck.

Unless Dany can dress her dragons herself I cannot imagine them allowing anyone to put armor on them. Even with her there they're not the most docile of creatures.

Edit: Plus I doubt armor is going to protect them. I mean, if all it took was a weapon that can pierce metal to also pierce dragon hide and bone then they wouldn't have had to make such a big deal out of the whole thing. Plating is pretty easy to pierce. If anything it'd just reduce their mobility to make them easier to hit.

Well yeah. This should give you an idea.

https://youtu.be/yRYOkYquttQ

People have waited years for the moments depicted in this episode. Arya returning home and the dragons fucking shit up.

This bar is a couple blocks away from me and i never knew this was a thing. Looks i know what im doing next weekend.

Also wtf is with so many people being sad about all the people dying from dragon fire. This is fucking war.

Unless Dany can dress her dragons herself I cannot imagine them allowing anyone to put armor on them. Even with her there they're not the most docile of creatures.

Id like Dany in some armour and wearing some kind of riding gear. Coupled with the CGI, she looks so weird riding the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom