• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Randyll and Dickon survive the battle? I can't seem to remember if they were shown on screen getting killed, or if their fate is still up in the air.

Considering the way this show has been going, I can't see it ending on a happy traditional ending or even an expected ending of "X sitting on the Iron Throne". I kind of expect the entire concept of the Seven Kingdoms and Houses to be wiped out, the Iron Throne and King's Landing to be ruined, and the future of Westeros won't be the Iron Throne and traditional leaders but individual kingdoms and rulers they believe in (i.e. the North, Dany's people) rebuilding from the remains of the ruined country with the Sam and the maesters being the lynchpin that helps civilization continue due to the history of cultures and knowledge that they collect

Yeah, that is what I am hoping for. I imagine a battle with the white walkers would be devastating. I don't think the current set up would be able to persist.

boxter432

Did Randyll and Dickon survive the battle? I can't seem to remember if they were shown on screen getting killed, or if their fate is still up in the air.

There was one guy melting that kinda resembled old Tarly, but otherwise he kinda disappeared after the initial stuff didn't he?

Nameless

3 dragons are op as fuck.

I'm fully expecting Dany to lose two of them by the time the war is over in the south and White Walkers reach the North.

Yeah those Wight Giants better be able to shoot bows.

giant-arrow.gif

Otherwise even just one Dragon will cut through the Army of the Dead like piss through snow.

Donos

Tarly is probabl the one reporting to Cersei next ep. Nice ep.

But whole army behind a hill and no scout on the hill to check the surroundings... well, only a little nitpick.
Aryia sitting in Winterfell was nice. Not as much as when Sansa saw Jon the first time (that moment was magic).

I bet that the evil street-maester from Cersei has at least one ace in the bag for the Dragons. My bet is that only one survives till the end if at all. Also a possibility ... a white walker dragon...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Many fans expected there to be a huge battle for King's Landing at some point.

Anyone else feeling like it may never come? Dany is obviously intent(at the moment) of not sacking cities and doing it the crazy way. She doesn't want to be like the other kings and kill innocents.

So maybe she never does storm the Red Keep at all. All these years I've been anticipating a major battle for King's Landing and maybe it never happens. Maybe the major battles are all vs the WW's. And they bleed the Lannisters to death by a thousand cuts(or in a war sense a bunch of tiny little battles).

roytheone

One thing I noticed is that the pyke shows up in the intro every time, but we haven't had a single scene there. What's up with that?

mokeyjoe

Yep, read some comments that said ''So Arya's a master in fighting all of a sudden.''

Did they miss Braavos?

She did absolutely zero swordfighting in Braavos. Needle was under a rock.

Not saying she's OP, she's as good as she should be - just that they screwed up the training in the show.

Vashetti

Banned
One thing I noticed is that the pyke shows up in the intro every time, but we haven't had a single scene there. What's up with that?

I'm assuming because the Greyjoys are still a part of the show, and the intro would come up short if they didn't show something, as the map no longer pans to Essos.

Curufinwe

The pyro stuff in the anatomy of a scene for this week is pretty crazy. 20 guys on fire at the same time and they have to wait 12 seconds before getting putting out.

Skunkers

What do we think is going to happen with Jaime and Bronn anyway? I mean, let's say they survived their trust fall into the improbably-deep banks of the river... they did that like 15 feet away from Daenerys. She locked eyes with Jaime. She watched them dive into the water. She's not just going to say "well, the brother of my sworn enemy is probably dead, no need to glance 15 feet in this direction and just double-check..." So, prisoners? Or does the improbably-deep river have a secret portal that will spit them back into King's Landing? It seems incredibly unlikely they'd escape.

Prisoners. Jaime gets held hostage, and Cersei must choose between more power or the only man she loves. She chooses more power, completing her tragedy.

-griffy-

Banned
The pyro stuff in the anatomy of a scene for this week is pretty crazy. 20 guys on fire at the same time and they have to wait 12 seconds before getting putting out.

And they gotta remain calm enough while a fireball goes off and they are on fire for those 12 seconds to hold their breath until they are extinguished.

Ingeniero

I think Drogon will die.

Those arrows must have been poisoned by Qyburn.
He knows only arrow wounds is not enough to kill dragons.

RIP Drogon.

Skunkers

I think Drogon will die.

Those arrows must have been poisoned by Qyburn.
He knows only arrow wounds is not enough to kill dragons.

RIP Drogon.

Plot Twist: It's the same shit Qyburn used to save The Mountain. Drogan turns into a zombie dragon, and The Mountain rides him.

Ydelnae

I keep thinking about what would happen to Cersei and I while I would like her death to be linked to Jaime, there would be no point in Arya's storyline after all the build up. Everyone on her list ends up death before she gets to do anything, and the only major death on her was those people at the Red Wedding place that weren't even active in the plot anyway.

Like, if the whole point of Arya's character is that she becomes a fearful fighter and ends up protecting Winterfell against the WW instead of killing to avenge his family, I would be a bit disappointed. But seeing how Daenerys nearly lost her army in two episodes after all the finales wasted on her, I would not be surprised.

EDIT: Also, since the Zombie Mountain was introduced I thought Arya would be the one to take him down in front of Cersei, but I don't even know if his plot line with advance any further, he seems to have dropped onto the background lately.

I'm fully expecting Dany to lose two of them by the time the war is over in the south and White Walkers reach the North.

I was kind of thinking the same thing until I watched the 3 eyed raven episodes again a couple weeks back. He tells Bran that he'll never walk again but he will fly. Im thinking that all 3 Dragons will be used in the WW war with Danny riding hers, Jon riding the one named after his father, and Bran warging the last one. She asked for Johns advise, and he told her in this last episode that she won't be able to win Westero's by burning down castles with her dragons. The people want change not something familair. I think she'll take that advise and not use them in full on melt everything that moves capacity like she just did, when she attempts to take kings landing and lets them hang back idk. Or yes, all but one dies and Bran gets to "fly" whose knows..Is it Sunday yet? 😂

studyguy

And they gotta remain calm enough while a fireball goes off and they are on fire for those 12 seconds to hold their breath until they are extinguished.

No pressure bro, just don't breathe while on fire and when they spray you with extinguisher that can also fuck up your lungs amirite?
Those stunt guys must have balls of steel.

I think Jaime will be captured and Tyrion will convince Daenerys to make an exchange with Ellaria... and when Cersei will refuse, Jaime will finally understand once and for all that her sister is a monster.

Herne

I'm sure people have spoken about this in the more then fifty pages that have appeared since yesterday, but fuck it, I'll bring it up again. The Lannisters and Tarly's have travelled the Reach taking what food they could from the rich farmlands there. Daenerys is worried about feeding her armies and she goes on to specifically target the food in those caravans instead of saving them for her forces? What?

Considering the way this show has been going, I can't see it ending on a happy traditional ending or even an expected ending of "X sitting on the Iron Throne". I kind of expect the entire concept of the Seven Kingdoms and Houses to be wiped out, the Iron Throne and King's Landing to be ruined, and the future of Westeros won't be the Iron Throne and traditional leaders but individual kingdoms and rulers they believe in (i.e. the North, Dany's people) rebuilding from the remains of the ruined country with the Sam and the maesters being the lynchpin that helps civilization continue due to the history of cultures and knowledge that they collect

I mean, Essos exist. It's not like Westeros is the end of humanity. There's an entire crazy side of Essos that we know nothing about and Essos seems to not know or care about Winter

Dany don't know how to use her dragons. That's why it got injured in the arena and that's why it got injured here. Could have easily scorched the whole line formation before the Dothraki clashed with the Lannister army.

Eidan

Has it ever been discussed why tf Dany would name one of her dragons after Viserys?
Because despite what a piece of shit he was, he was still the only family she knew, and for her entire childhood he worked to protect both of them. Even though ultimately he was hoping to use her for his own ends.

Do we even need dragons past this season?

It's clear the big thing is dragon glass and that dragons would be too easy to melt white walkers.

Also, we know white walkers deal with human wildlings and that half-breed walkers like Ben exist. Any chance they have allies that can let them know about the dragons?

gun_haver

I mean, Essos exist. It's not like Westeros is the end of humanity. There's an entire crazy side of Essos that we know nothing about and Essos seems to not know or care about Winter

Yeah, it seems like the majority of Essos is not as susceptible to the winter as Westeros. Also, I don't think the narrow sea freezes - although I suppose that could happen this time if it's supposed to be the worst winter ever. Even so, there are two other continents that are hardly mentioned on the show, but are on the map - Sothyros and Ulthos. Not much is know of them, they're right on the edge of the 'known world'.

So the world won't end but Westeros might, and then eventually be repopulated by people from the other continents.

I have spent more time looking for scraps of info on the continents we almost never hear about than anything about the actual main story, just cos it lights up some exploratory synapse in my brain. What's out there...

I'm sure people have spoken about this in the more then fifty pages that have appeared since yesterday, but fuck it, I'll bring it up again. The Lannisters and Tarly's have travelled the Reach taking what food they could from the rich farmlands there. Daenerys is worried about feeding her armies and she goes on to specifically target the food in those caravans instead of saving them for her forces? What?

Yeah, it's a stupid thing to do. She clearly intended to wipe out this army to the point where the Dothraki could easily just comandeer all of these much needed supplies, so destroying them was stupid. If the show deals with it as a tactical error on Daenerys's part, good. If we don't hear anything about it, they kind of fucked up the battle a bit. If they try and say something like 'the lannisters were going to use that food in King's Landing, we'll starve them out by destroying their food!', then that's just stupid and is a non-explanation.

Dany pulled up on the Lanniesters the way debo did on that dude asking for his bicycle back.. Or Ray Liota on his girls neighbor. Way over powered from the very beggining.. How much more if it was 3. .. But shittt.. THey will definitely balance it out. The torment of Seeing one of the dragons get killed will be comparable to the pain I felt when Summer and Hodor got killed. I'm hoping for all 3 dragons to live to the end game 1 each for Dany, Jon and Tyrion but knowing GRRM he'll leave us with only one and we'll jus ttake solace about the fact that at least he didn't kill all 3 of them T_T

Nerokis

Has it ever been discussed why tf Dany would name one of her dragons after Viserys?

Well, he was her brother. As much of an abusive dick as he was, the two of them still endured being driven from their homes together. Plus, he was one of the last living Targaryens, which I'm sure has some inherent worth in Dany's eyes.

I'm just glad to see his character still being acknowledged in some form. He was a less vicious Joffrey, and I enjoyed him. :p

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Can dragons even be poisoned? They are mythical creatures. Who knows if their bodies react the same way to poison as humans.

I'd imagine to kill a dragon if they were susceptible to poison you'd need gallons of it.

Fantastic episode, but I do find it quite silly how neither Jaime nor Bronn seem to have died in the battle despite everything, and Danys complete and utter lack of strategic thinking is equally awkward. Still an amazing episode, but that last scene was so good and so bad at the same time.

Ingeniero

Can dragons even be poisoned? They are mythical creatures. Who knows if their bodies react the same way to poison as humans.

I'd imagine to kill a dragon if they were susceptible to poison you'd need gallons of it.
High concentrated dosis man.
And this is GOT anything is possible.
I hope the dragon dies and turns a walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom