• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know GRRM has said that Targaryens aren’t immune to fire, but I have a feeling they’ll go that direction anyway to show the characters in the story that Jon is a Targaryen. Maybe Dany will try to burn him or something and he’ll just take it like a champ. Unburnt the Second. Realistically the only other way for Jon to figure out he’s a Targaryen is to have Bran tell him, and that’s so much more boring.

Tawpgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkArs3vL8oU

Bran didn't seem so fucked up here.

Maybe the more he uses greensight, the more the three eyed raven takes hold. His head is filled with more memories and while it doesn't take over Bran, it overcrowds his mind. Bran is just one part of him.

If that's the case... They could have done a better job at explaining it.

aBarreras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkArs3vL8oU

Bran didn't seem so fucked up here.

Maybe the more he uses greensight, the more the three eyed raven takes hold. His head is filled with more memories and while it doesn't take over Bran, it overcrowds his mind. Bran is just one part of him.

If that's the case... They could have done a better job at explaining it.

i mean, he says that he remember being bran stark, but also remember a lot of other things.

i think is pretty clear

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wonder if the war will finish this season, so that the season after will 100% be about the WW.

Sephzilla

I don't think the final season is going to only be everyone fighting the White Walkers. I think Cersei makes it into the final season and probably bites it in the series finale or an episode or two prior to the end. There's no way this show doesn't go into its final season with the arch supervillain.

aBarreras

I don't think the final season is going to only be everyone fighting the White Walkers. I think Cersei makes it into the final season and probably bites it in the series finale or an episode or two prior to the end. There's no way this show doesn't go into its final season with the arch supervillain.

cersei a supervillain:? what, everything she did in the past came back to bite her in the ass, the onl thing that she "succesfully" did was blowing up the sept.

the only super villain here is the nights king

Tawpgun

What was the deal with Benjin Stark anyway? Is he dead?
Stabbed by a white walker ice sword and left to turn. Children found him and stopped the process of turning using dragon glass. Maybe they stabbed him. Maybe something else. Dunno. It's why he can't pass through the wall and why his face looks fucked up.
i mean, he says that he remember being bran stark, but also remember a lot of other things.

i think is pretty clear

Yeah but it went 0-100 real quick

~Kinggi~

Banned
I think the Alan Taylor eps is gonna be the blowout this season. He's been directing action movies since he left GoT in 2012. And he has already worked with Clarke. Its also the episode before the last, and 71 mins long. Im putting my money on that being more big stuff.

With the talk of possible twists on what's expected in the narrative, I wonder if the Clegane bowl will never actually materialize and zombie Mountain will actually fight and save Hound's ass against the ww's at some point.

aBarreras

Stabbed by a white walker ice sword and left to turn. Children found him and stopped the process of turning using dragon glass. Maybe they stabbed him. Maybe something else. Dunno. It's why he can't pass through the wall and why his face looks fucked up.

Yeah but it went 0-100 real quick

i guess we never saw him after his transformation untils this season, remember that he became the 3 eyed raven when he saw jon birth.

after that we didnt see him until this season. maybe he chaged since then.

-griffy-

Banned
What was the deal with Benjin Stark anyway? Is he dead?

He's essentially a conscious wight/zombie. The children of the forest caught him after he was stabbed by a White Walker, but before he fully turned into a wight, and stopped the full change by putting a shard of dragon glass in his heart.

effzee

What do we think is going to happen with Jaime and Bronn anyway? I mean, let's say they survived their trust fall into the improbably-deep banks of the river... they did that like 15 feet away from Daenerys. She locked eyes with Jaime. She watched them dive into the water. She's not just going to say "well, the brother of my sworn enemy is probably dead, no need to glance 15 feet in this direction and just double-check..." So, prisoners? Or does the improbably-deep river have a secret portal that will spit them back into King's Landing? It seems incredibly unlikely they'd escape.

Well the episode was titled spoils of war...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It took Bronn two shots to hit the dragon... DAMNIT DRAGON, what are you doing? I thought he was done.

Dany is a shit dragon rider, she sees a big ass crossbow weapon thingy shooting crap at Drogon and the only thing she comes up with is to go on a beeline to the weapon making it a lot easier to the guy aiming.

Ydelnae

Did Daenerys propose to Jon that they should marry when they were talking in the cave? She previously said that there only needs to be one queen that rules all over Westeros and that anyone who calls themselves a king from one of the seven kingdoms is rebelling against the true queen. In this episode, she told Jon that the people in the North will accept a southern queen if there's a northern king that believes in her.

That, followed with the scene of the two closely walking out of the cave and that conversation that Jon had with Davos made me think that I understood that scene correctly.

jfkgoblue

I know GRRM has said that Targaryens aren’t immune to fire, but I have a feeling they’ll go that direction anyway to show the characters in the story that Jon is a Targaryen. Maybe Dany will try to burn him or something and he’ll just take it like a champ. Unburnt the Second. Realistically the only other way for Jon to figure out he’s a Targaryen is to have Bran tell him, and that’s so much more boring.
Jon can be burned, as shown when he killed the wight to save LC Mormont.

Tawpgun

Did Daenerys propose to Jon that they should marry when they were talking in the cave? She previously said that there only needs to be one queen that rules all over Westeros and that anyone who calls themselves a king from one of the seven kingdoms is rebelling against the true queen. In this episode, she told Jon that the people in the North will accept a southern queen if there's a northern king that believes in her.

That, followed with the scene of the two closely walking out of the cave and that conversation that Jon had with Davos made me think that I understood that scene correctly.

Yeah that's what I picked up on too.

No more incest pls, tyia

He should be on his way back up north soon, right? Enough time had to have passed for Danny to make it to the battle.

Brand whole point in the show seems to be revealing the truth to people too

a916

Dany is a shit dragon rider, she sees a big ass crowsbow weapon thingy shooting crap at Drogon and the only thing she comes up with is to go on a beeline to the weapon making it a lot easier to the guy aiming.

Why not circle around him and force Bronn to lead the shot and pivot that giant crossbow... nope, I'm going head first into this thing.

jfkgoblue

Given Martin's criticisms of Tolkien and LOTR, I really hope the WW stuff doesn't end the way everyone thinks it will.
He criticized Gandalf coming back stronger than ever. Not how LOTR ended, he actually said his series would end in a bittersweet way, like LOTR did.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Hah, I thought the exact same thing. The dialogue was really hinting towards it. When they were walking out of the cave It even seemed like they were holding hands for a split second.

I just realized something...When the White Walkers pass the wall and inevitably end up at Winterfell, will some of the dead Stark lords from the crypts rise as zombies?

It would be fucked up if the northerners had to fight against zombie Brandon Stark for example.

Seeing all these supplies destroyed, with neither side being able to use them in the long run, we observed that winter is going to suck ass for everyone, and my wife suggested a reverse LotR ending: people will starve and kill each other in dumb wars while a supernatural threat descends on them, whatever remains of humanity in Westeros will haul ass to the east, leaving Westeros to supernatural creatures who will rule that shitty land of assholes.

aBarreras

I just realized something...When the White Walkers pass the wall and inevitably end up at Winterfell, will some of the dead Stark lords from the crypts rise as zombies?

It would be fucked up if the northerners had to fight against zombie Brandon Stark for example.

he will revive robb with a wolf head, and he will become the first werewolf on westeros

will be a war with a lot of losses for the "good" guys i feel

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's a huge and costly victory and after Westeros coming together and seeing how petty their squabbles were, some other power emerges to basically reset things much the same as they had been before, and the Game of Thrones begins again.

jett

D-Member
But how do you feel about Alan "Thor 2 The Dark World" Taylor doing the episode after that?

Alan Taylor was like the Sapochnik of his time, he directed a lot of quality episodes early in the show, most famously Baelor... Before he uh shat the bed in Hollywood.

Tawpgun

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's a huge and costly victory and after Westeros coming together and seeing how petty their squabbles were, some other power emerges to basically reset things much the same as they had been before, and the Game of Thrones begins again.

Olenna Tyrell is right. There will always be conflict.

Hanso

Didn't Cercei blow her last trump with showing off the crossbow gun too early?

I mean they would be stupid to send in dragons without an armor now when they're going for kings landing. Give armor to the dragons. Let Tyrion ride one.

I think the Alan Taylor eps is gonna be the blowout this season. He's been directing action movies since he left GoT in 2012. And he has already worked with Clarke. Its also the episode before the last, and 71 mins long. Im putting my money on that being more big stuff.

Is there a Thor 2 joke hidden in here?

FStubbs

The implication here being that Littlefinger was behind that attempt on Bran's life because he just likes to stir shit up and throw the world into...."chaos".

He was behind the death of many of the major characters which kickstarted this whole mess. Once Bran was injured and to ensure the Starks and Lannisters would be at war forever, he tried to kill Bran.

Wasn't Littlefinger behind Robert's Rebellion in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom