• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandering

Banned
High concentrated dosis man.
And this is GOT anything is possible.
I hope the dragon dies and turns a walker.
200.gif

Plum

Since we're talking endings here's how I think it'll go:

Jon kills the Night King, collapses on the ground and we fade to black.

Cut to 10 years later. It's still winter. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke are wearing unconvincing old people make up as they chill in Winterfell looking down at two of their three kids practicing sword fighting. Jon calls out to Robb Hodor Starkaryen, their oldest, and tells him to practice his shield technique. Dany tells Missandei Drogo Starkaryen to not get too "fired up" as it will harm her chances in the "heat" of battle. She then looks straight into the camera and literally winks at it because fuck you.

Jon notices something, Olly Davos Starkaryen is on the upper walls of Winterfell looking out into the distance. He leaves Dany to investigate. Upon Jon's arrival he prepares to scold Olly for climbing but instead finds staring at a beautiful sunset coming up from the Horizon. Zero dawn time is over and Jon declares that "Summer has come." Dany and the two other kids come up to meet them and they all look smiling into the distance. The orchestra swells and...

Cut to credits.

Tawpgun

Cut to 10 years later. It's still winter. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke are wearing unconvincing old people make up as they chill in Winterfell looking down at two of their three kids practicing sword fighting. Jon calls out to Robb Hodor Starkaryen, their oldest, and tells him to practice his shield technique. Dany tells Missandei Drogo Starkaryen to not get too "fired up" as it will harm her chances in the "heat" of battle. She then looks straight into the camera and literally winks at it because fuck you.

Jon notices something, Olly Davos Starkaryen is on the upper walls of Winterfell looking out into the distance. He leaves Dany to investigate. Upon Jon's arrival he prepares to scold Olly for climbing but instead finds staring at a beautiful sunset coming up from the Horizon. Zero dawn time is over and Jon declares that "Summer has come." Dany and the two other kids come up to meet them and they all look smiling into the distance. The orchestra swells and...

Cut to credits.
GRRM threw up

Doomsayer

Jon notices something, Olly Davos Starkaryen is on the upper walls of Winterfell looking out into the distance. He leaves Dany to investigate. Upon Jon's arrival he prepares to scold Olly for climbing but instead finds staring at a beautiful sunset coming up from the Horizon. Zero dawn time is over and Jon declares that "Summer has come." Dany and the two other kids come up to meet them and they all look smiling into the distance. Three dragon kids come out of nowhere to, the orchestra swells and...

Cut to credits.

This would be worse than Dexter's ending.

Scust.

molnizzle

Cut to credits.

I hope you get perma-banned for this.

aBarreras

Cut to credits.

a truly emotional ending

also, why people hate the flash forward with protagonists children ending so fucking much?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Rewatching and ive a question.. When Bran goes "Do you know whos dagger this is?" Is he echoing Littlefinger there? Isnt that what LF said to someone.. iirc he follows up with "I do."

edit:

Wording is different after watching scene from S1.

Cut to credits.

May the old and new gods have mercy on your soul.

Vashetti

Banned
Guys you know the ending is going to be Jon and Dany in the throneroom.

Varys walks in and says to Tyrion, "well my friend, it would seem the Game of Thrones is won. This was truly A Song of Ice and Fire."

Then Tyrion winks at the camera.

Plum

Speaking of dead dragons being resurected there's a room full of them in kings landing if the white walkers get that far.

Can they resurrect just bones though? All of the dragons down in King's Landing are just skeletons unless I'm missing something.

Frankly I'd rather they not be able to resurrect skeletons as I don't want the Army of the Dead getting too spooky.

zsynqx

Cut to credits.

The scar had not pained Harr...Jon Snow for 10 years. All was well.

Cut to credits.

All the fake feels, lol.

I want Tyrion to kill Jamie and Jon to kill him, Cersie to kill Arya and Sansa, Dany to kill Cersie and then Little finger to kill Dany. Bran kills Jon because fuck it, why not.

Then the Night King kills everyone who's left.

Yeah those Wight Giants better be able to shoot bows.

giant-arrow.gif

Otherwise even just one Dragon will cut through the Army of the Dead like piss through snow.

I don't know the WWs ice weapons might be able to kill them. I'm sure the night king has seen dragons before and has some kind of counter.

Artdayne

Rewatching and ive a question.. When Bran goes "Do you know whos dagger this is?" Is he echoing Littlefinger there? Isnt that what LF said to someone.. iirc he follows up with "I do."

That is something I noticed as well. I had wondered if Bran knew who Littlefinger was the entire time. Catalyn asks Varys if he knows who's dagger this is and Littlefinger responded "Well this a historic day, something you don't know that I do. There's only one dagger like this in the 7 kingdoms, it's mine."

So at this point it's a no brainer that Bran is
Bran the builder
right?

Not really, no.

That would be pretty silly imho, may as well make everyone Bran. He could warg little finger and stop the whole war of the 5 kings from ever happening etc.

The impact on young Hodor, imho, happened due to Meera urging Bran to warg into Hodor in the present whilst he was still viewing the past.

On note, the last 20 minutes were fantastic. For all the short comings the show has, in my opinion, the battle sequences are always fantastic.

Dreez

Pretty sure after they defeat the WW, some god will appear and tell Jon Snow he now must be the new Night King, that's why they resurrected him. To keep balance in this chaotic world or some shit. Khaleesi will say, "Good night... my King" as she kisses him farewell and he rides off on his undead dragon.

Ithil

Cut to credits.

cMZmikD.gif

Speevy

Banned
"And now we dream of spring."

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."
-Cersei Lannister

"We'll hit first and hit hard and leave a feast for the crows."
-Ramsay

"A dance of dragons? How it that a dance?"
-Stannis Baraethon

"You know Jon, these really are the winds of winter."
-Sansa

Plum

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."
-Cersei Lannister

"We'll hit first and hit hard and leave a feast for the crows."
-Ramsay

"A dance of dragons? How it that a dance?"
-Stannis Baraethon

"You know Jon, these really are the winds of winter."
-Sansa

Ha, you know the last one's fake because The Winds of Winter isn't a book in the ASOIAF series and never will be.

So why did Dany torch all the food and supplies? She was angry in the earlier scene about the Lannisters getting all the food and her people will go without, so in response to that she just torches the food instead of trying to capture it?? There is literally a shot of her riding Drogon and torching the entire supply line of food as if it was a target she set out to destroy.

Fantastic episode, but it was almost ruined by the insane Jaime and Bronn plot amor. I love them both but no way they should have come out of that alive, specially the logistics of that water being so deep so close to the ground (they even showed people waking in the "beach" right before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom